Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Aha

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/14/2013 6:05 am

Hey,

I'm no longer doing the regimen and when I did I never implemented the AHA into it. I've realised that my face need exfoliation and failing to do so (at all) is probably the cause of my mild acne. I mainly get pimples in areas that are itchy and dry. Would using the acne.org AHA+ be beneficial for me to use alone (no other regimen products) in order to exfoliate? I don't like abrasive, manual exfoliation so I need a chemical based one.

If not, are there any other products you'd recommend for exfoliation?

Thanks,

Lewis :)

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/14/2013 6:53 am

Yes, it works wonders. Been using it for a few days.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/14/2013 11:18 am

And you use that without the other acne.org products?

It's pretty cheap so I'll just buy some and see how it goes. Thanks

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/14/2013 7:33 pm

And you use that without the other acne.org products?

It's pretty cheap so I'll just buy some and see how it goes. Thanks

I'm not using it alone. I'm using he regimen + jojoba and AHA+.

AHA+ works great alone though.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/15/2013 10:10 pm

I experimented with using AHA+ on its own (after successfully using all the regimen products) and it was a disaster. I went from perfectly clear to perfectly covered in acne again. And then I had to start following the regimen again, including getting accustomed to BP and all the pain and hassle that entailed. So for me, using AHA+ alone didnt work, but incorporating it as part of the regimen worked really well.

HOWEVER, I do know that there are a few people who use AHA+ by itself and successfully remain clear (so jealous!), so again its a personal thing and one that you will need to try if motivated enough.

Good luck! :)

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/17/2013 4:24 am

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I can't see it being the route cause of your breakout because it doesn't actually penetrate your pores. It was probably not using the BP that caused it.

I just can't see any other safe way for me to exfoliate. Exfoliating beads and scrubs sound way too abrasive for me.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/17/2013 6:04 am

No don't get me wrong. I never thought the aha broke me out, it was definitely not using Bp that caused me to break out again. I was hoping that once I got clear using the full regimen I could stay clear just using aha but alas it wasnt meant to be.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/23/2013 8:57 pm

AyeAye is right! Not using the BP is most probably the answer. Being acne-prone my skin needs the BP. But to my brother who has really clear skin, when he gets his rare spot, he just dabs on a bit of my AHA and his spot is gone before you know it. Sigh. Skin envy! Haha.

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:37 am

I've been using Dan's AHA+ to help with the wrinkles I get around my mouth from the drying nature of the BP. Anyone else doing the same? I heard it helps and have seen some improvement.