Stopping The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Stopping The Regimen At Some Point?

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 04/12/2013 9:49 pm

Just wondering if we are supposed to stop at some point or if anyone has.

I don't want to be 60 and still use this, honestly. Nor do I want to grow dependent on it.

I only use the regimen at night. I am not able to apply it twice a day. I just can't but luckily it works well for me just nightly.

Right now, I just feel like stopping. aaa

I mean it works and all and I've been on it for almost 2 years but it's tempting.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 04/13/2013 7:22 am

You might want to try reducing the quantity of BP, rather than just stopping suddenly. See how it goes over the course of a few months. Some people do grow out of acne... so you might be one of the few lucky ones. Personally, the regimen is now so much a part of my daily routine, that i don't find it a hassle... and i always remember what i was like pre-dans regimen... and don't ever want to go back to that.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 04/13/2013 1:02 pm

I started the regimen at 20. I always thought I'd grow out of acne in my 20's. I turn 30 in two weeks and if I stop the regimen my acne comes roaring back. Some people don't grow out of acne, it looks like I'm in that camp.

MemberMember
(@swedan)

Posted : 04/13/2013 1:14 pm

All I can say is that I wish I hadn't stopped. Yeah, the routine annoyed me but in hindsight I should have kept going. If you want to stop, then don't stop cold turkey, but gradually reduce it, like tricky says. If you notice yourself breaking out, you'll always have the option of going back.

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 04/15/2013 8:12 pm

I've reduced the amount I use at night.

It's true that suddenly stopping is probably a bad idea. Reducing the amount sounds good. If I stop I'll probably get acne on my face since I get sudden acne on my shoulders/chest at times but I don't care about acne there since it isn't serious and I don't swim.

I won't stop using it anytime soon. But at one point I'll have to try.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/16/2013 6:53 pm

I've reduced the amount I use at night.

It's true that suddenly stopping is probably a bad idea. Reducing the amount sounds good. If I stop I'll probably get acne on my face since I get sudden acne on my shoulders/chest at times but I don't care about acne there since it isn't serious and I don't swim.

I won't stop using it anytime soon. But at one point I'll have to try.

Cheers.

Keep us updated, will you?