Notifications
Clear all

Want Clear Skin Now? Read

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/12/2013 2:13 am

I dont get on the site to often but I feel I hold valuable information to tell everyone.. I did have an old post on here but I couldn't find it so I guess it is back in the old holistic log somewhere.. find it if you can and read as it as my journey..

Where to start..

MOST IMPORTANT

LOVE YOURSELF

go look in the mirror.. RIGHT now and say I love you.. say I love and accept myself .. 400+ times a day.. go get the Louise Hay book you can heal your life.. Lots of valuable information..

Second most important

Clean up your digestive tract by watching what you put into in.. NO it is not for ever.. YES I eat chocolate or whatever I want once in a while now.. and NO it does not effect my skin because I am healed..

However how did I get healed? Go read my old post.. but I will sum it up here

I did a 36 day water fast

I did a 22 day water fast

I ate raw/vegan/fruitarian for a year

however all that DID NOT do it..

What really helped me in the past month and I can say I am CLEAR..

Spirulina... WOW stuff is amazing.. boosts your immune system and somehow is like a miracle green in a bottle.. taste nasty but ive been taking 1 - 3 tablespoonds a day and yes it has made my skin a lot better..

Juice... Drink a cup - 3 cups of green juice a day.. my green juice usually consists of kale.. dandelion . cucumber.. cabbage.. carrot.. or just whatever.. ginger. beet.. parsely.. cilintro.. lettuce.. anything green and ORGANIC..

Most important info.. Water fasting heals scars...

Juicing and spirulina clear skin

When you love yourself on top of these two things... = happiness== no acne..

Harness the frequency of love and you will see acne is illusion! Sickness is an illusion!!! We live for a moment in time yet we pay so much attention to a spec on a mountain.. you are the mountain and you looking at your skin is like looking at one tree on the mountain and criticizing it.. You are perfect the way you are.. you were given this situation to learn and grow.. one day you will be thankful it happened...

Good luck

Yes I still fast/juice/ and want to go back vegan because I know the benefits.. You are what you eat.. you are what you think.. and what you are doing in this moment is making your life in the future.

Recommended reading..

Louis Hay- You can heal your life

Eckhart tolle- Awakening to your lifes purpose

Abraham Hicks- ANYTHING please listen to her CDS

Also I want to add go listen to kelly howell sacred body or other wellness CDS that tell you you are beautiful and perfect.. You must change your thoughts for your life to change..

You choose what you think.,. its as east to think a positive thought about yourself as it is the bad one.. Reprogram your thinking!!

Good luck

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/12/2013 3:34 am

36 days water fast?

how?

wow!

seriously?

spirulina?

could u pls elaborate?

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/12/2013 5:04 am

Just got inspired.. once I passed 14 days I saw my scars healing,, 21 days one ice pick that really bothered me on upper check was GONE.. two huge black heads popped out.. 36 days lots of toxins came out through chin and face was clear at the end.. I still had trouble after that and after a few 10 and 3+ and 22 day dayt I was clear.. had minor 1 or 2 bumps.. changed thinking listened to lots of CDS I drink 8-32 oz green juice a day plus spirulina = healed.. I still do have tiny pores that clear up more when I fast.. planning to do another 14 day fast on april 28- sometime in may.. ill update then but i plan to look how I looked before any thing ever happened!! fasting has been a blessing for me and i hope it can become a blessing for some of u

go to fastingconnection . com

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 04/12/2013 11:29 am

Haha I love Eckhart Tolle, guy is awesome, love his books. Postive mind and not caring about acne is important. The whole go look into a mirror 400 times saying I love you I think would be more negative, because your just being so fake. Just stop caring about acne, literally, many people develop deep emotional ties with acne that create so much worry and anxiety etc. Live your life in the now as much as possible and don't let acne get you down, I think that's most important.

And yeah Ive been juicing for like 6 months now and love it! I juice cucumber, celery, carrots, red cabbage and ginger. All have their purpose. I have tried Spirulina before and broke out along my jaw, if you search a lot of other people break out from it too, could be a detox since it releases a ton of metals and toxins, I was too chicken to carry on and right after I stopped the breakouts went away.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/13/2013 1:53 am

When I first heard about "I love and accept myself" thing I also thought it was weird... but its not so much to reinforce your negative thoughts at all.. its to make you notice the negative things you think about yourself.. any one who has acne has self hatred.. basically they look in the mirror and criticize . so when you say I love and accept myself.. it is more to reinforce the positive thoughts into your subconscious . we only use our conscious mind 5% of the time the other 95% is out subconscious . that is the part we are trying to change.. we are always processing thought after thought after thought . so better love thoughts then "i hate my self i feel ugly today... etc"

I love and accept myself just reinforces positive words into your subconscious mind.. i broke out too the first time i tried sprulina.. but now it seems only to help :)

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 04/13/2013 3:35 am

Can't quite say I agree with water fasting for so long myself - although I've never tried it.

But I can say I totally agree with what you said about positive affirmations! I read Eckhart Toille's books "A New Earth" and "the Power of Now" and I actually just finished "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay. Have watched a few of the Abraham Hicks videos as well - really insightful. I have been focusing on positive affirmations too and trying to retrain my thoughts and it really does make a difference in your entire life! The law of attractions is completely true.

Everything in our lives begins in the mind.

"The thoughts we choose to think are the tools we use to paint the canvas of our lives."

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 04/13/2013 11:32 am

The Power of Now is such a great book. But if you read the book you should understand then you shouldn't be focusing on positive thoughts, but no thoughts at all. It's about being in the now, not living in your thoughts. Your thoughts are the cause of your suffering. Your right about using the conscious mind 5% of the time, most people do live their lives on auto pilot, not even really alive. Just going through the motions. Slaves to the ego mind. Have to learn to break free of those patterns and live day by day, break any chains of acne in your mind.

I love at the end of the book when he talks about how if life has treated you unfairly do not blame others and do not blame yourself. I think a lot of people with acne can really benefit from really forgiving themselves, at times we can be very hard on ourselves, judgmental.. really forgive, and let go. He then talks about using a great suffering to achieve enlightenment. Which ironically is usually the case for enlightenment.. people who go through great suffering. As much as acne can be a bad thing it can make you understand more about life and people if you see it as a learning experience. Turn your suffering into wisdom. One great thing about acne for me is that it allowed me to see life more through the heart then the ego mind as corny as that can sound. Before I was much more superficial, cared about looks a lot, the whole SoCal scene trying to be like that, and acne made me realize what a joke that is lol, those people are so hollow, lack so much inside. But yeah for anyone on here I would really recommend to the Power of Now, could really help you.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/13/2013 3:36 pm

yeah i agree with you.. that book is what led me to being at peace with now and accepting what is.. When I live in the Now its wonderful.. I remember when I first read the book and it transferred me out of focusing on my skin being OCD with picking etc and starting focusing on the beauty of life.. it was a true transformation when I read that book.. Then it led me to other books like Louise Hay etc and Abraham Hicks which helped me create a better future with better thoughts. I realized that I did create my suffering through acne which did lead to en enlightened state of being. Before I was just superficial like you said... VERY and could not see past the beauty.. Now I am humble and I have found so much more to life worth living for then just myself.

Alex- that is great that you started reading those books.. Piratebay offers a lot of downloads for those of you who cant afford them. I believe all of Kelly howells albums are on there as well as louise hay affirmations, eckhart tolles books on CD (all of them) and abraham hicks.

What people with acne need to understand (including me who has went through this process) is that we are what we think. Every thing we perceive to believe is true will become true for us eventually. For years I criticized myself and it resulted in acne. Now I love myself (for the most part) and it resolved in a happier life with no acne.

And the hoper is right.. through the suffering so much can be gained . So if you asked me now if I could go back and not go through the experience no way!

Hoper- I probably need to reread the power of now.. Right now I am rereading Louise Hay - You can heal your life.. Ask and it is given by Abraham Hicks and the Divine Romance by Paramahansa Yogananda. I do have his CDs on tape which I might go listen to later ( I have went through abkout 10 of his books and given them all away which has resulted in my having none at the moment lol)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/14/2013 12:17 pm

He then talks about using a great suffering to achieve enlightenment. Which ironically is usually the case for enlightenment.. people who go through great suffering. As much as acne can be a bad thing it can make you understand more about life and people if you see it as a learning experience. Turn your suffering into wisdom. One great thing about acne for me is that it allowed me to see life more through the heart then the ego mind as corny as that can sound. Before I was much more superficial, cared about looks a lot, the whole SoCal scene trying to be like that, and acne made me realize what a joke that is lol, those people are so hollow, lack so much inside.

i totally agree.

my mindset,my perception has changed.i believe am a patient mature person now who's also more understanding and compassionate.

am closer to life and human body with all it's aspects.

am a med student..and it helps me understand human psychology way better.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/14/2013 6:57 pm

what medical school do you go to? I have been thinking about studying up the next year (2014) for DO school.. But i need a good score on my MCATs. im going to try and start a long term water fast soon.. Ill post here since the other place I usually post is closed right now.. I am in school for another couple weeks so ill prolly start in 2 weeks.. ill post any updates here since people seem to be curious on how to do it..

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/17/2013 1:03 am

Fasting is really only for the "healthy". Most people that have problems with moderate to severe acne are very imbalanced. Fasting is very hard on the endocrine system. Unfortunatly it is over prescribed in the health community. Any good naturopathic doctor would advise against someone fasting for any prolonged period of time, especially women. Fasting is a dated protocol for healing, not practical in modern day for most people looking to acheive balance and homeostasis. Fasting is a major adrenal stress, that will cause increased cortisol. The increase in adrenal hormones will cause underproduction of progesterone a crucial hormone in the balance of testosterone. The body will respond to increased cortisol by downregulating leptin, and ovarian follicle stimulating hormones. The down regulation in these hormones will offset the bodies internal circadian rhythm, as well as slow thyroid producing hormones. The delicate balance that allows for fertility will be dysregulated. Increased adrenal hormones causes increased DHEA. DHEA cycles into testosterone, so on and so forth. Think twice before embarking on any sort of fasting regime.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/17/2013 7:54 am

Fasting is really only for the "healthy". Most people that have problems with moderate to severe acne are very imbalanced. Fasting is very hard on the endocrine system. Unfortunatly it is over prescribed in the health community. Any good naturopathic doctor would advise against someone fasting for any prolonged period of time, especially women. Fasting is a dated protocol for healing, not practical in modern day for most people looking to acheive balance and homeostasis. Fasting is a major adrenal stress, that will cause increased cortisol. The increase in adrenal hormones will cause underproduction of progesterone a crucial hormone in the balance of testosterone. The body will respond to increased cortisol by downregulating leptin, and ovarian follicle stimulating hormones. The down regulation in these hormones will offset the bodies internal circadian rhythm, as well as slow thyroid producing hormones. The delicate balance that allows for fertility will be dysregulated. Increased adrenal hormones causes increased DHEA. DHEA cycles into testosterone, so on and so forth. Think twice before embarking on any sort of fasting regime.

i agree.

most ppl see fasting as a method of detoxifying.

but what they miss is the effect it has on endocrine glands,receptors and the balanced health.

also,nutrients are needed in several ways to heal the body and acne.

but surprising some people have unbelievable results from fasting.

its like the negative never reaches them.lol!

good for them though!..good if that makes them clear and happy!=)

what medical school do you go to? I have been thinking about studying up the next year (2014) for DO school.. But i need a good score on my MCATs. im going to try and start a long term water fast soon.. Ill post here since the other place I usually post is closed right now.. I am in school for another couple weeks so ill prolly start in 2 weeks.. ill post any updates here since people seem to be curious on how to do it..

am from India.

u can't really join my college,can u?eusa_think.gif

grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/17/2013 2:55 pm

ill post ltr off to a massage

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/17/2013 3:46 pm

I always achieve results fasting, as most will. Your insulin levels rapidly decline, and that's why it works. It's the behind the scenes damage that is of concern.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:54 am

very low insulin isn't any good for ur skin either.

its actually the spikes that causes skin disorders (in many that is).

cinnamon should do good about balancing sugar level.=)

aana

MemberMember
(@tayto101)

Posted : 04/18/2013 1:05 pm

I always achieve results fasting, as most will. Your insulin levels rapidly decline, and that's why it works. It's the behind the scenes damage that is of concern.

I've just found out about fasting in the last few days. I got so excited because I have so many scars and awful looking pores but your posts are scaring me!! What kind of damage are you talking about?

Do yo think juice fasting is dangerous as well? How long do you fast for to get results?

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/18/2013 5:30 pm

When you have acne it is usually a result of inflammation in the body. That is why acne is called an Inflammatory skin disease. Their are several causes for imflammation, and when you are treating the acne the goal is to get the imflammation down. All of your hormones, and endocrine system work in concert beautifully to keep every thing in balance and keep you looking beautiful as an attempt by nature for prime repoduction potential. Understand? Nature wants you to look amazing so that you will have children. The pancreas is an organ that is connected to this beautiful orchestra. The pancreas is responsible for producing enough insulin to always keep your blood sugar in check. Insulin is also a powerful hormone. When your pancreas rapidly oversecretes insulin because of what you ate or drank it causes a large inflammatory response. This large inflammatory response results in ACNE lesions for those of us that are genetically predisposed. The key is to re-train your pancreas, and insulin receptor sites to be sensitive to this powerful hormone again. You control this by what you put in your mouth. It does not take very long to re-train the body either.

Now you want to know how FASTING plays in this? The adrenal glands sit atop the kidneys and are one of the most important glands we have for handling stress, and regulating our blood sugar levels( i.e. Insulin). When you fast your body gets the hint that it is STARVING, and the adrenal glands go into overdrive producing cortisol. Cortisol is also another very powerful ANTI-inflammatory hormone. But your body can only produce so much, and when you STARVE yourself, the adrenal glands become fatigued, and the rest of your endocrine system starts to perform sluggishly(liver, thyroid, ovaries, etc.). Not only do you exhaust your bodies main ANTI-Inflammatory generator, but you put the rest of your body at risk. It is absolutely counter productive to someone looking to sustain long term clear skin due to a smooth, and effeciently running hormonal, and repoductive system that is BALANCED.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/18/2013 7:14 pm

from my personal experience it has helped me in many ways.. my scars which debilitated me are now in the pleasant past and my present is much happier because I did a few long term fast.. longest being 36 days.. I also want to add that I checked in with a medical doctor through out the fast.. where he measured my blood, urine and did a bunch of other tests. all of the things posted by Val Pal were not true in my personal situation. I recommend if you do do a long term fast, longer then 14 days check in with a doctor to get your blood measured etc. I am also starting a fast log in the log section where I will update my current fast.. My goal was to do it for at least a week to a few weeks but I just go by what my body is telling me through out the fast.

Tayto- all I can say is fasting changed my life for the better.. I was guided through meditation to do a long term fast.. I have a very spiritual foundation which is what got me through . Actually I felt better then ever after each and every fast.. My skin started glowing.. my mind got clear.. A lot of people are to focused on the "chemical" side of things but what they don't understand is that life isn't just based on chemicals alone, it is based on spirit... My spirit led me through the fast and it will lead me through many more... The over all effect it had on me was 100% positive and if I would never take back the experience of fasting.. I do want to note that I did not see any results with the scarring texture of my skin after 10-14-21 days... The big results after 21.. but I did see some at 10 and 14 days.. I actually have an old blog linked to my fast that goes up until day 18... If you go to fastingconnection . com you can find a doctor on there under the name of The Fast Doctor.. When I have any questions I ask him because he is a specialist in fasting

Here is my blog on day 14

So I am a little bit hungry today.. I have been over doing the water so today I am just not drinking as much and that is probably why. Those green apples are in the fridge and still tempting me... but im not going to.. By tomorrow I will only have 5 days left and have reached my goal.. I figured out that I could fast for about 22 or 23 days before I see any family.. But I will see how I feel on day 20. The healing is crazy right now.. My skin on my face is silky smooth.. White tongue.. Hunger pains (because not drinking enough water).. Low energy but that's probably because I choose to lay around and let the body do the healing.. I know I should be getting more exercise but it is really cold out.. Plus when I get off the fast I can jump right back into exercising.. There is a yoga class tonight which I will probably attend.. It's a very slow peaceful yoga where you are on the ground most of the time.

I am very proud of myself at this point.. each day I get through is a hurdle for me.. and the longer I go the stronger I know I get inside and out.. I love this website and being able to blog my journey so I can look back at it.. If you are fasting I highly recommend blogging because then when you do another long term fast you can go back to that day and see how you were feeling at a different period in time..

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 04/18/2013 10:11 pm

Acne can't be just an inflammatory disease. How could the body stay inflammatory if someone has ate a heavy anti-inflammatory diet for years.. don't see how that works. Works to some degree but not the main cause. Where I think in most people who get breakouts around the jaw/mouth its more to do with androgen and sex hormones. But in the end all these things are tied to together anyway lol.. pretty baffling.

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/19/2013 2:45 pm

Anectodal evidence holds little weight for a chronic disease.

MemberMember
(@winnoh)

Posted : 04/20/2013 2:11 pm

Great posts, nodoubt147.

What foods are anti-inflammatory? And what foods are inflammatory?

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 04/20/2013 2:55 pm

Just an update here.. im on day 2 of a water fast :) I'm posting in the log section if anyone wants to keep up with the symptoms I get through out the fast etc...

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 04/20/2013 4:32 pm

Anti-inflammatory foods are naturally going to be almost all the alkaline foods. All fruits and vegetables, with special emphasis on deep dark leafy greens and berries. Sprouted grain, and seed will even be anti-inflammatory to a certain extent. Inflammatory foods are going to be wheat products, dairy, meats, and unsprouted nuts and seeds. It's all about balance though. Grains, meats, and dairy aren't necessarily bad, and can even be beneficial to a degree. A sample meal for me, and even one of my favorite would be something like: 3 or 4 oz of grass fed beef, 1 small baked sweet potato, sauteed spinach w/olive oil, with generous amounts of sea salt.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/21/2013 1:40 pm

Anti-inflammatory foods are naturally going to be almost all the alkaline foods. All fruits and vegetables, with special emphasis on deep dark leafy greens and berries. Sprouted grain, and seed will even be anti-inflammatory to a certain extent. Inflammatory foods are going to be wheat products, dairy, meats, and unsprouted nuts and seeds. It's all about balance though. Grains, meats, and dairy aren't necessarily bad, and can even be beneficial to a degree. A sample meal for me, and even one of my favorite would be something like: 3 or 4 oz of grass fed beef, 1 small baked sweet potato, sauteed spinach w/olive oil, with generous amounts of sea salt.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/21/2013 7:52 pm