Notifications
Clear all

Back Acne Oh Back Acne How I Do Hate Thee

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 04/11/2013 7:48 pm

Oh guys from tomorrow I will start to use sulphur soap that I'm going to buy from boots. I've read it can work..... I'm a bit of a sceptic. Anyway so I'm going to keep a thread here of how it goes so I can trial it for anyone that cares ill try and figure a way to put up pictures to. Btw I'm 24, male and I think I have severe back acne

MemberMember
(@txngrl)

Posted : 04/11/2013 8:02 pm

how severe? I believe it's only severe if it's cystic.

I hope the sulfur soap works for you!

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 04/11/2013 8:16 pm

here is a link

i will be updating on with pictures.... my first picture is my back currently pretty darn severe

how severe? I believe it's only severe if it's cystic.

I hope the sulfur soap works for you!

MemberMember
(@lylasmith34)

Posted : 04/11/2013 9:07 pm

I recommend, if possible, getting extractions at your derm. I got them for my back and they really helped. It is hard to get to the back because you can't really reach it or see it. Also, it helps to exfoliate a lot or use a good quality spinbrush cleanser

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 04/11/2013 9:35 pm

I recommend, if possible, getting extractions at your derm. I got them for my back and they really helped. It is hard to get to the back because you can't really reach it or see it. Also, it helps to exfoliate a lot or use a good quality spinbrush cleanser

cool thanks!! whats a spinbrush though?

MemberMember
(@lylasmith34)

Posted : 04/11/2013 9:49 pm

A spinbrush is one of these:

I have this one, it is a Clarisonic Mia 2. It is kind of expensive but has worked WONDERS on my skin; within the first use I could tell my skin was softer and it exfoliates really well. Really any brand works just make sure that it is a good quality and does a good job actually cleaning your skin. It needs to be one that actually gets into your pores, like this one does.

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 04/11/2013 9:53 pm

A spinbrush is one of these:

I have this one, it is a Clarisonic Mia 2. It is kind of expensive but has worked WONDERS on my skin; within the first use I could tell my skin was softer and it exfoliates really well. Really any brand works just make sure that it is a good quality and does a good job actually cleaning your skin. It needs to be one that actually gets into your pores, like this one does.

Thankyou awesome! this might sound stupid but i have nothing to compare to..... does my bacne look cystic? if so i here its bad news and harder to deal with via scrubs etc.....

MemberMember
(@lylasmith34)

Posted : 04/11/2013 10:02 pm

I personally don't think that your acne looks so severe that is is cystic, rather it might just be papules. Are your zits really painful and swollen, and do they scar without you even popping them? Also, do they feel really hard and have pus? this would indicate that they are cystic.

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 04/11/2013 10:18 pm

I personally don't think that your acne looks so severe that is is cystic, rather it might just be papules. Are your zits really painful and swollen, and do they scar without you even popping them? Also, do they feel really hard and have pus? this would indicate that they are cystic.

thankfully I can answer no to all of that, they do get very red at times though. thanks for you help.

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 04/12/2013 10:47 am

ok sooooo couldn't get sulphur soap at my local boots go figure however i did by some alternatives and here is my haul

ok so after the first shower using the dead sea black mud soap and the brush my skin felt smooooooth, however i wouldn't recommend using it on the face as i did as its pretty drying.... I am not prone to acne on my face though. It is also true what they say about don't scrub you back i used the brush, which lets just say is not built for the faint hearted, and Im a little soresaywhat.gif , smooth but sore.

Anyway I'm going to keep going, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.....

MemberMember
(@lylasmith34)

Posted : 04/13/2013 4:44 pm

so has the new regimen made a difference in your skin?

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 04/17/2013 5:52 pm

I'm not sure it is such a good idea to use a brush like that on acne. I guess everyone's skin is different, but physical exfoliation for me is horrible. Then again what do I know? I still can't get rid of my bacne.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/17/2013 8:18 pm

Did you ever take oral antibiotics for your acne? My acne gets inflamed on similar levels

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 04/19/2013 7:36 am

I'm not sure it is such a good idea to use a brush like that on acne. I guess everyone's skin is different, but physical exfoliation for me is horrible. Then again what do I know? I still can't get rid of my bacne.

I agree. Over the years, I tried physical exfoliation on my back & it only made things worse. Even the word "scrub" makes me cringe! For me a gentle chemical exfoliant such as AHA worked for my bacne.

MemberMember
(@katiejanezeebra)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:49 am

After 4 years of different treatments for bacne, I have used exfoliation chemical and brushes, light therapies, natural remedies (such as egg whites), Retin A cream, Antibiotic cream and I have been on about 4 different antibiotics. The dermatologist told me that the only option was Roaccutane but I wasn't so keen. I am so glad I said no, I was given benzoyl peroxide 2.5% and told basically to get on with it. My acne was very similar to yours, I have stopped exfoliating my skin and started with the benzoyl peroxide every night. I have also stopped having any dairy (which is annoying 'cause I like milk) and started taking vitamins A, B and E. I wore a backless dress yesterday, for the first time in 4 years! I do think the key is to be gentle with your skin, use BP and cut out dairy (the vitamins may be helping but Its rather difficult to know). If you are going to use that scary looking brush on your back, make sure you drop the bristles in boiling water, otherwise you just put the bacteria back on you back. (A better option may be exfoliation gloves or mittens as you can just put them in the wash). Drink lots of water too :)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/30/2013 12:45 am

Let us know if anything works

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 06/11/2013 5:00 pm

ok guys sorry i have not been on in a while ive been busy with my university work. however I have been using my brush and my dead sea soap with head and shoulders everyday. I've also been getting a lot of sun and that seems to help me, remember sun cream up tho! anyway I think I have had some improvements. i also try and keep my shirt of for as much as possible (weird I know for someone with back acne i know) but I think it helps to let the skin breath. And screw it I'm not ashamed anyway. ahaha anyway here is a picture i took just a minute ago

blogentry-206586-0-79351800-1370987300_t

Let us know if anything works

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/11/2013 5:34 pm

how much sun do you get per day?

MemberMember
(@salparadise)

Posted : 06/11/2013 5:38 pm

how much sun do you get per day?

I don't get it everyday on a regular basis because I live In england but as its summer recently I have been spent last week In the sun pretty much everyday. However I want be able to do this for much longer so I'll just get out in it whenever I can.