Notifications
Clear all

Shower Gloves (Water Tight)

MemberMember
(@miliariaguy)

Posted : 04/10/2013 2:37 pm

I have a regime now where I need to shower more frequently and it's really causing hands to dry out, I 'm assuming from the contact of the cleansers and benzoyle peroxide and perhaps simply the rubbing motion on skin. I tried finger cots but those are expensive, sometimes catch on hairs and only protect top part of fingers. Where can I find simple plastic gloves that are water tight and without any powdering? I tried using elastic band but water and cleanser still get inside gloves.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/10/2013 7:41 pm

I'm not sure where you could find water-tight gloves but I'm just wondering if it's really such a good idea - having the glove material in contact with your skin when cleansing? I just think it could cause more irritation... But if you're fine with it and it's not irritating your skin at all then go for it (once you find the gloves) :P

The other option would be to forget about the gloves and look for a thick moisturising / hand lotion and just moisturiser your hands after cleansing and during the day if you needed it. I think that could help.

MemberMember
(@miliariaguy)

Posted : 04/29/2013 3:46 pm

i think gloves would be the solution but so far i have not seen them anywhere, I have not looked much online but may do so, as the back of my hands are starting to look disgusting, and i often avoid shower because of it.

oh and the finger cots (from Shopper's Drug Mart) stink so bad, even when they are still packaged.