Notifications
Clear all

Scar Removal Methods

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 04/09/2013 5:26 pm

Hello, so I have really bad scarring. I will post pictures as soon as I am able to. I have a mixture of rolling scars, boxcar and some ice pick scars. The ice picks don't really bug me. It's the boxcar scars and rolling scars that are literally driving me crazy! I am begging people to post your results good or bad with scar removal techniques you have either got done professionally or tried at home. I have noticed that once people get really great results they pretty much stop visiting the website. There are many of us that still need help.I am especially calling for successful procedures like excision and subcision, because I see so many doctors push lasers. Any information would be appreciated for me (& for many others I'm sure).

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/09/2013 6:36 pm

AHA+ and BHA are good.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 04/09/2013 8:43 pm

Okay thank you, I'm guessing for pigmentation right?

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 04/11/2013 2:51 pm

Thought I would add a little to this.--So far I have tried sciton micro laser peel and fraxel profractional laser. Neither one of them improved my acne scars. However, it did help with pigmentation. I just recently tried excision, but it failed. I do believe excision is still a really good procedure, but I think the PS I went to was bad at what he does, or at least treating acne scars. I'm guessing that he didn't put sutures in the inside. Instead he just stitched the top. Ugh. I don't even think he cut out the scar tissue like he was supposed to. Well, that was a waste of $200..but at least it's not more. I go in for a consultation on subcision in May, so I will definitely be updating on that. BTW ---I am not going to the same plastic surgeon.. I am going somewhere. Every plastic surgeon in my state seems to not meet my standards.

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 05/31/2013 11:37 pm

Hi,

I had the sciton laser as well but it ruined my skin more. I also have restalyne injected into my box scars which i have maybe one and mostly rolling and they even out pretty good . Ill be having subcision done once they wear off with the George Yang in NYC. He is an amazing and compassionate person and deals with scars a lot. He has great pics of subcision and did my restalyne for me. I have also thought about fat injections since restalyne worked great.

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:29 pm

Hi,

I had the sciton laser as well but it ruined my skin more. I also have restalyne injected into my box scars which i have maybe one and mostly rolling and they even out pretty good . Ill be having subcision done once they wear off with the George Yang in NYC. He is an amazing and compassionate person and deals with scars a lot. He has great pics of subcision and did my restalyne for me. I have also thought about fat injections since restalyne worked great.

hey Brooklyn!,

I was also considering having fillers and subcision done by Dr. Yang. I am currently 6months post accutane and would like to do it either this summer or next summer when I am off. I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated here on how the treatment goes. i'd love to know. thanks!

Also, I wish the best of luck on your subcision xscarringx, keeping this thread updated if it is successful would be awesome!

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 06/07/2013 7:44 am

just becarefull with laser, my first laser just ruin my skin, my skin look more worse then before

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 06/07/2013 10:54 pm

My skin is getting better since i have been using products on my face.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 06/08/2013 7:49 am

Hi,

just becarefull with laser, my first laser just ruin my skin, my skin look more worse then before

I definitely understand, I believe the laser messed up my skin a little too. It helped with the pigmentation, and seemed to help with the scars the first week (because my skin was tight and stretched.) It was an illusion pretty much. That's when they take the "after" picture. Some plastic surgeons are devious. So far in my life, I have had microdermabrasion, sciton laser combined with fraxel profractional, 3 sample spots of excision & punch(that was in March.) The excision didn't leave "little" red lines, but at the same time I don't think the doctor was experienced. However, I was very disappointed with the punch in the beginning, but it has been awhile and it actually turned out somewhat well. I would say maybe 20% improvement. (not sure though)...Anyways guys, yesterday I had subcision done on numerous scars, probably like 20 or more. Today I am swollen and have the bandages on still. I am seriously praying for a positive outcome from this. The injections hurt worse than the actually procedure itself. Afterwards, I did put ice on both cheeks for around 6 hours. I have pictures, but I'm not going to post them unless I am happy with the outcome. I will continue to update you all though, because you all are the only ones who can relate to how much scarring can negatively effect you psychologically. I will say this, I am not aiming for 100% or even 90% improvement, I just want to be happy in my skin again & feel confident. Thanks for listening.

MemberMember
(@kriskat23)

Posted : 06/08/2013 8:07 am

As of now laser treatments are very expensive. Well in my case, I just treat my acne using maxipeel number two. You can buy it here in the Philippines. It will peel and lighten your face. Just avoid sun exposure. Just use this every night before you sleep. Then after that put a meisu cream all over your face. Apply the said cream every daytime and night. It acts as a moisturizer. It will tighten your pores and your face will glow. The peeling will occur for one week. I'm applying the product over two months. Try this and you will see the wonder... Its really effective to me.

post-210480-0-92327900-1370696824_thumb.

post-210480-0-92327900-1370696824_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/08/2013 10:07 am

I've kinda skimmed over the responses here so I apologise if I go into anything that has already been mentioned.

My scarring, before I had treatment, was moderately severe and mostly rolling and boxcar. If I have any icepick scars I can't see them!

I have had 5 Fraxel Re:Store treatments, spaced 3 months apart... my result was less than expected. Significantly less! For the money I paid, and I cringe when I think about it, a staggering AU $8000, I think I saw maybe a 10% improvement in some of my scars. Now this isn't to say that lasers don't work because for some they work wonders. But I think in my case I let myself be convinced by a "doctor" that those treatments were right for me. Looking back I say I made a stupid and rushed mistake. My last treatment was over one year ago and I can still see the faint outline of redness where the laser went. I had no adverse reactions to the laser but spending a total of 10 weeks in downtime over the course of 15 months, not to mention the cost, was a nightmare.

Frustrated, heart-broken and desperate I scoured the Internet looking for a solution. That was June 2012 and today, June 2013, my scars are over 70% improved! The Dermaroller has saved my life from depression and anxiety. I first found it via a study that gauged its effectiveness. My interest was peaked and I then found myself reading studies and the science behind it, the topicals you use with the treatment, and the types of rollers or needling devices. Hours upon hours of research. Then I researched the doctors and treatment professionals and narrowed it down until I found the perfect esthetician. She is caring, genuine and all about helping me, not her purse. :)

Anyway, after 5 professional Dermaroller sessions with a beautiful and fully trained/licensed esthetician I can honestly put my hand on my heart and swear by these treatments. I won't waffle on too much but if you want to know more about it feel free to probe me for information.

xx

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 06/08/2013 1:41 pm

hi,

I would like to try the dermaroller as well, but done by a professional. Its really hard to find them in NY. My scars are shallow to moderate, for some reason not everyone notices them but I do. I would like to know what did the dermaroller do for you? smaller pores? better skin? I would really appreciate if you can let me know. I will also have subcision done as well after the summer. Thank You

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 06/09/2013 8:14 am

my problem is icepick scar, and big pores, i ever try dermaroller by professional for 3 times, and combing with prp, but i didnt see good result, and after that i try dermarolling with my self, and the result is zero, i dunno whats wrong with my skin

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/09/2013 9:55 am

hi,

I would like to try the dermaroller as well, but done by a professional. Its really hard to find them in NY. My scars are shallow to moderate, for some reason not everyone notices them but I do. I would like to know what did the dermaroller do for you? smaller pores? better skin? I would really appreciate if you can let me know. I will also have subcision done as well after the summer. Thank You

Hi sweetie! If your skin bothers you then take a stand! :D The Dermaroller has, in no word of a lie, given me my life back. I am happier, healthier and more outgoing. My scars are 70% improved and continuing to improve each week. I have definitely noticed my pore size shrink - I also think this is because of the excellent skin care products I'm using too. Better skin? :D Yes. Subcision is a fantastic option too and you can combine this with a series of Dermaroller treatments. To find a clinic you can search on their website at www.dermaroller.com. Be picky though! If you have more than one clinic close to you ask them how long they've done the treatments and how many clients they've had. Figure out which clinic feels right for you and go for it!

my problem is icepick scar, and big pores, i ever try dermaroller by professional for 3 times, and combing with prp, but i didnt see good result, and after that i try dermarolling with my self, and the result is zero, i dunno whats wrong with my skin

3 Dermaroller treatments is not enough. You need at least 5. Were you treated by someone who uses the original Dermaroller (www.dermaroller.com)? Or by a cheaper copy? There really is no substitute for quality when it comes to skin needling. Dermarolling at home is a big mistake, too many things can go wrong. You're not trained to do the treatments, even if they look easy.

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 06/10/2013 9:56 pm

Im going to ask my plastic surgeon for my pics of my scars . I now have restalyne in and i looooooove it! I will post pics up before and after subcision. I have been using retin a and i like it so far. I also have been using vitamin c serum and it helps as well.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/12/2013 7:30 am

Im going to ask my plastic surgeon for my pics of my scars . I now have restalyne in and i looooooove it! I will post pics up before and after subcision. I have been using retin a and i like it so far. I also have been using vitamin c serum and it helps as well.

Yay! Glad you went with Restylane and not one of those scary "permanent" fillers.

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 06/12/2013 11:56 pm

lol no silicone for me. I been to the pros of silicone before since Iam in NY. I been to amny plastic surgeons office and a couple of them said silicone will work out great and kept refering me to Jay Barnett. The daughter and father are very nice and if i knew nothing would happen to me twenty yrs down the line i would do the silicone but since im in the medical field I know skin tissue ages and silicone will not and thats when the problems will come in. Are the results from dermarolling permanent? If I would get 70% improvement i would have flawless skin :).

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/13/2013 6:37 am

Smart girl! :D

The results from the Dermaroller are permanent, yes. But, as you correctly pointed out, skin ages so they do recommend that you do refresher treatments once or twice a year. My esthetician has beautiful skin and she has three Dermaroller treatments a year to keep her skin producing healthy collagen.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 06/13/2013 10:42 am

one thing, you should watch out for fillers. sometimes too much injection in one spot or hitting exact same spots repeatedly can make your skin saggy, or it can affect your skin texture. also it has a risk of getting lumps.

if your scars are shallow, then i strongly recommend that you should avoid fillers or subcision(face). i got lumps from filler and sub treatments. some of my scars have changed their shapes slightly(a few scars improved a little, but some spots got lumps and they look worse now...), and some injected areas under my skin feel empty and weird. my scars are shallow.

once lumps developed, they are really hard to get rid of. one of lumps I got is a year old...so before you jump into these treatment, talk to your doctor and find out if these treatments are suitable for your scars.

make sure to find a skilled, honest, and caring doctor(treatment options and details, clear pricing, good follow up treatment, privacy policy etc).

fillers and sub don't work much on icepick/boxcar scars. they work well for rolling.

good luck OP!

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 06/13/2013 1:45 pm

hey,

I had the restalyne for about three weeks now so far no lumps or anything. I do trust the doctor i go to, he performs subcision but does it differently than other doctors, all you are required is one treatment. I did not know fillers can make ur skin sag! Im just so tired of this. This is nothing we asked for, i feel like i got punished, so many of my relationships got ruined because of my acne scars. Im constantly insecure, im tired of wearing make up and hair in my fac because of this bullshit. Im looking into a fat transfer because I had enough of this embarrassment and feeling ugly and dirty. I feel like if i CANT ACCEPT MYSELF HOW CAN ANOTHER PERSON? This is such an emotional roller coaster. I think i have one boxscar and the rest are rolling they are mainly on my cheekbones. I have been seeing this guy he has seen me without make up, bright florescent light, daytime light and has said nothing about it. My best friend said she never realized I had acne scars until i said something. I have dated a lot and no one had complained about my skin to me yet. Im scared that one day this guy will be like what the eff happened to ur skin. I have no one to talk to about this, because people say its not bad and not noticeable.

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 06/13/2013 2:02 pm

fruitbiscuits- Im not sure where you are located but people from other countries and states come to see my Dr for subcision and he also has pics to show. Just search for Geroge Yang MD in google. There are pics on his site.

Quirky Fox- Not too many people in NYC perform dermarolling. :(

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 06/13/2013 3:26 pm

hey,

I had the restalyne for about three weeks now so far no lumps or anything. I do trust the doctor i go to, he performs subcision but does it differently than other doctors, all you are required is one treatment. I did not know fillers can make ur skin sag! Im just so tired of this. This is nothing we asked for, i feel like i got punished, so many of my relationships got ruined because of my acne scars. Im constantly insecure, im tired of wearing make up and hair in my fac because of this bullshit. Im looking into a fat transfer because I had enough of this embarrassment and feeling ugly and dirty. I feel like if i CANT ACCEPT MYSELF HOW CAN ANOTHER PERSON? This is such an emotional roller coaster. I think i have one boxscar and the rest are rolling they are mainly on my cheekbones. I have been seeing this guy he has seen me without make up, bright florescent light, daytime light and has said nothing about it. My best friend said she never realized I had acne scars until i said something. I have dated a lot and no one had complained about my skin to me yet. Im scared that one day this guy will be like what the eff happened to ur skin. I have no one to talk to about this, because people say its not bad and not noticeable.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 06/13/2013 3:45 pm

Hey can I ask you guys where you have had subcision/filler on your face? I have a subcision appointment a week from tomorrow for my chin area and I am definitely scared of making things worse. My doctor has been doing subcision for over a decade and he reassured me. He also does it with filler but I am not starting with that. He said sometimes you do get a lump you can feel but normally they are below the surface and you can't see them.

hey,

i do not recommend you to get subcision if your scars are not noticeable to others but you. your scars sound shallow, just like mine. keep in mind that subcision doesn't really correct your skin texture problem(doesn't smooth out your skin and scars). if your scars are shallow then you might have a risk of messing up your skin texture...now i have to do something about my lumps, thinking about using silicon--sheets.

did your doctor recommend you that you should get subcision treatment for your scars? most of the time, deep scars respond well to subcision treatment than shallow ones. did your doctor explain to you about risks of subcision treatment including lumps?

yeah, injected areas, the skin tends to stretch out and causes sagging if hitting exact same spots repeatedly or put too much in one spot(especially if you have a thin face).

i don't really know much about fat transfer but i heard that sometimes fat doesn't remain in the injected area and do required multiple treatments...and it's really costly!

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:00 pm

i can see my lumps in some lightings. also they are above the surface, wish they are below...because i don't mind these lumps if they were not visible... :(

i don't know what type of scarring you have, but congrat funding a skilled surgeon. hope your treatment goes well, good luck michi31!

Hey can I ask you guys where you have had subcision/filler on your face? I have a subcision appointment a week from tomorrow for my chin area and I am definitely scared of making things worse. My doctor has been doing subcision for over a decade and he reassured me. He also does it with filler but I am not starting with that. He said sometimes you do get a lump you can feel but normally they are below the surface and you can't see them.

hey,

i do not recommend you to get subcision if your scars are not noticeable to others but you. your scars sound shallow, just like mine. keep in mind that subcision doesn't really correct your skin texture problem(doesn't smooth out your skin and scars). if your scars are shallow then you might have a risk of messing up your skin texture...now i have to do something about my lumps, thinking about using silicon--sheets.

did your doctor recommend you that you should get subcision treatment for your scars? most of the time, deep scars respond well to subcision treatment than shallow ones. did your doctor explain to you about risks of subcision treatment including lumps?

yeah, injected areas, the skin tends to stretch out and causes sagging if hitting exact same spots repeatedly or put too much in one spot(especially if you have a thin face).

i don't really know much about fat transfer but i heard that sometimes fat doesn't remain in the injected area and do required multiple treatments...and it's really costly!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:02 pm

i can see my lumps in some lightings. also they are above the surface, wish they are below...because i don't mind these lumps if they were not visible... sad.png

i don't know what type of scarring you have, but congrat funding a skilled surgeon. hope your treatment goes well, good luck michi31!

hey,

I'm wondering what part of your face you've had treated? Cheek/forhead/chin? Do you think the lumps are from the subcision or the filler? Who is your doctor by the way? I have rolling scars...I believe they are in part caused by cortisone atrophy:(