Notifications
Clear all

Temporary Raised Bumps On Face All Of A Sudden!that Itches And Mostly Turns Reddish But Goes Away After A While!please Help!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/08/2013 4:26 am

hello friends!

this time i really hope to find some help in figuring out what the cause and of course, the solution to my problem is!

it's been happening for sometime.yes as far as i remember..it's been pretty long.

i get these temporary raised bumps all of a sudden..out of no where.

on my forehead or cheek mostly.

what happens is the place itches.suddenly.

when i check on mirror am sure to find a bump or a raised area which is reddish(mostly!).

i have a habit of putting clingard(clindamycin phosphate or bp - which i use on as spot treatment on my zits these days! previously i used to apply faceclin which i used then. etc)

now what i've noticed is they go away with any problem after sometime.(in fact,i think with or without the ointment or anything topical they would vanish anyway..am pretty sure about this.but i'll check the next time it happens.)

post-200657-0-74002600-1366052512.jpgpost-200657-0-15128300-1366052520.jpg

((((sorry about the lightning.i took in a trial room.lol.i just had sudden itch and bang!saw these bad ones on the mirror))))

so,i want to know what is it?what's the cause?

how to prevent it?or deal with it..any idea?

do anyone of you face same or similar problem?

please help me with this.it kinda freaks me out becasue inspite of having a healthy lifestyle(as healthy as possible) i've to deal with such things forever.

and now a days i dnt have to go out of my house.i'm always at home.i dont use sunscreen at home.my keep my room sunlit n airy for sometime but then by the afternoon(when hot air rushes in,its summer in india) i shut my windows.that keeps the room cooler.

so it cant be sun rash etc.

also i dont use AC so that should be a problem either.

please help!!eusa_pray.gifsaywhat.gif

p.s am sorry i cant upload a picture right now for i dint get it now..but nxt time i get them(evn as its just for a while) i'll click one for the post.

-aanarolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/08/2013 1:08 pm

i'm so upset about the fact that most of my posts go unanswered.

it's utter desperation and need for some support & help that makes me write a post.

and even after waiting for days..and visiting the page every other moment even after 'no notification' on it..i see no replies at all.

it's plain hurtful.sad.png

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 04/08/2013 1:33 pm

I don't know how to help, but I get them too sometimes. They look like huge pimples or cysts but are itchy and go away in 24 hrs. Beats me.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 04/08/2013 4:43 pm

Sounds like you're allergic to something, your face doesn't like what you're putting on it.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/09/2013 9:17 am

I don't know how to help, but I get them too sometimes. They look like huge pimples or cysts but are itchy and go away in 24 hrs. Beats me.

hello!

no,mine dnt look like pimple or cysts..they are smaller and head less(mostly).

they go away in abt 10 minutes.

i have a feeling all by themselves.

but they itch,yes,

did u try to fing out what it is and how to stop it?

Sounds like you're allergic to something, your face doesn't like what you're putting on it.

hello!

am not sure..see they may not happen for days or weeks but happens suddenly.

but my skin care routine is pretty regular.

so i cant see any connection.

as for intolerance to food.same reasons..i am pretty much regular with my food habits.

and it's not like i have them particularly after i indulge or have something specific.

but since u mentioned next time i have those..i'll track down what i had or what i used .

thanks to both of u for answering.

i freak out sometimes.saywhat.gif

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/09/2013 6:44 pm

Itch, sudden appearance, disappearance = allergic reaction.

Cause could be something topical, ingested, or stress. Location suggests internal cause. Most likely candidate is probably food sensitivity, or microbial overgrowth in response to ingested sugars. Microbial overgrowths are often cyclical and respond to food intake.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/10/2013 1:28 pm

Itch, sudden appearance, disappearance = allergic reaction.

Cause could be something topical, ingested, or stress. Location suggests internal cause. Most likely candidate is probably food sensitivity, or microbial overgrowth in response to ingested sugars. Microbial overgrowths are often cyclical and respond to food intake.

how do u think i should go about it?

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 04/28/2013 10:58 am

I used clindamycin once when I went back to my country and it got rid of all my pimples but it made my skin sooooo very oily but I would choose oily skin over pimples any day. So I brought back a few more bottles from my holiday but for some reason it didn't work where I live now. It's weird because it was so effective when I was back home and then came back to current country and it didn't do anything. In fact broke me out even more. :(

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 04/28/2013 2:04 pm

Hi annabill, I think the reason people don't reply is because we don't know what to suggest, and don't want to give bad advice. I'm not a doctor and can only provide my own experience and hope that it's helpful.

That being said, skin problems are viral, bacterial, fungal, or an allergy. We can eliminate viral because that would be like a wart. Then, you can try various treatments to determine if it's an allergy or fungal or bacterial.

Allergies generally invoke a histamine response, and anti-histamines are OTC and easy to take with minimal side effects, so you could try that for a week and see if your symptoms subside.

If not, try broad spectrum anti-bacterial ointments like mupirocin or fucidin for two weeks and see if your symptoms subside.

If not, try an antifungal treatment for a month and see if your symptoms change at all. I have posted some medical articles and my own write-up here:

However, a fungal problem is a chronic problem that will need a long course of treatment because fungi (yeast cells) are able to down regulate your immune response to avoid detection, but then your skin will flare up due to humidity, sweat, or the weather changing, because the immune system suddenly recognizes the yeast as a foreign body, causing the histamine response to work overtime, and youll get a bump just below the surface of the skin.

You at least have no prescriptions laws in India. Here in the US I have to use mail order from India, Thailand or China. Thanks to the web I can now get actual medical products. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:30 am

i dont have internal fungal issues.i had done the saliva test and the water was almost clear as before.

so all i can have is topical fungal growth.u think thats chronic as well?

i've been trying the anti-dandruff(anti-fungal) shampoo and i hope that will cure.and i wont have to carry on forever.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/29/2013 4:42 pm

i dont have internal fungal issues.i had done the saliva test and the water was almost clear as before.

so all i can have is topical fungal growth.u think thats chronic as well?

i've been trying the anti-dandruff(anti-fungal) shampoo and i hope that will cure.and i wont have to carry on forever.

If it doesn't work, I would consider some sort of hypersensitivity reaction, either to a topical agent or a food

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/30/2013 4:03 am

i'm written elaborately on the other post.

thanks.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/30/2013 4:35 am

I used clindamycin once when I went back to my country and it got rid of all my pimples but it made my skin sooooo very oily but I would choose oily skin over pimples any day. So I brought back a few more bottles from my holiday but for some reason it didn't work where I live now. It's weird because it was so effective when I was back home and then came back to current country and it didn't do anything. In fact broke me out even more. sad.png

clindamycin phosphate gel.

thats what i use.u use a lotion?

i does give slight shiny look.its the layer of thin clindamycin that makes it all shiny.

and becomes oily after sometime.

my guess it it kinda traps the oil secretions (specially on oily areas like around the nose,below the nose area etc

my derma asked me to use it as spot treatments.i nevr use it on the whole face unless in some places which has several whiteheads etc..its not possible to spot treat tiny spots.

i cant imagine why it wouldnt work with change or weather or what ever it is.

i think u might get immune to it.but in that case it wont work back in ur own country as well.