Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Know What This Is?

MemberMember
(@annclambiss)

Posted : 04/07/2013 5:29 pm

So every time I get out of the shower my face is covered with little white particles. Even if I don't put anything on my face like cleanser or moisturizer so I find it very strange.

post-206299-0-80178400-1365373357_thumb.post-206299-0-24858600-1365373600_thumb.

post-206299-0-80178400-1365373357_thumb.

post-206299-0-24858600-1365373600_thumb.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/07/2013 6:06 pm

probably Seborrheic dermatitis, which is basically dandruff on your face. Some people get it with red scales some don't. I have it too just like you without the redness. In certain lighting like in the sun it looks like I'm wearing make-up because I have those white flakes on my face. (I'm a dude)

MemberMember
(@annclambiss)

Posted : 04/07/2013 6:51 pm

Funny thing is I can't see if before I get in the shower or during the day.

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 04/08/2013 12:07 am

That's dry skin....

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/08/2013 8:13 pm

yea same with me, its not that noticeable unless I'm really looking for it or in certain lighting but after I shower its very noticeable until my face dries up. Especially after hot showers.

MemberMember
(@annclambiss)

Posted : 04/08/2013 9:04 pm

yea same with me, its not that noticeable unless I'm really looking for it or in certain lighting but after I shower its very noticeable until my face dries up. Especially after hot showers.

Have you tired using dandruff shampoo on your face? I'm about to do that, some people have saide that'll cure it temporally.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/08/2013 11:13 pm

Have you tired using dandruff shampoo on your face? I'm about to do that, some people have saide that'll cure it temporally.

tried it once but it turned my face really red and super dry so I just didn't do it again. I heard you have to do it for a few weeks before it improves it wont happen after one application. Also see a dermatologist just to be sure. I've read on other forums that if you do in fact have seb derm a dermatologist will also tell you to put dandruff shampoo on your face. Search the forum on this site for more info also. Let me know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@annclambiss)

Posted : 04/09/2013 12:52 pm

tried it once but it turned my face really red and super dry so I just didn't do it again.

Doesn't seem to be doing that for me so i'm going to keep doing it for a week and see how it improves. I'll post if it worked ot not.

MemberMember
(@annclambiss)

Posted : 04/19/2013 8:51 pm

Just want to update like i said. Well Head & Shoulders works a little bit but it hasn't completely cleared. :(

MemberMember
(@acnefina)

Posted : 04/20/2013 1:29 am

Could be eczyma

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/20/2013 10:15 am

I'm very familiar with this. It's dry skin - nothing a little moisturizer won't fix. Last summer, a more extreme version of this would happen any time my face got wet (because of BP).

I notice this on a lot of my family members in the winter time, too. The little white particles is actually your skin flaking off. Dry skin like this can also become itchy or irritated. This is extremely common and it happens to a lot of people, including me.

If you don't use moisturizer it's probably a good idea to start, I like Cetaphil moisturizing cream because it will keep your skin from flaking entirely. Good luck!