Notifications
Clear all

Home Fraxel Laser? Please Advise

MemberMember
(@floss)

Posted : 04/06/2013 4:31 pm

Has anyone tried the home Philips Reaura Fraxel Laser?

http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/skincare/skin-rejuvenation/reaura/productdetail/SC5000_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en?origin=google_4041476_340776843_B&esvcid=S1365282457_ADOGOB_AGI4041476_CRE20904855398_TID340776843_RFDd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jby51aw%3d%3d_RAWcGhpbGlwcyUyMGZyYXhlbCUyMGxhc2Vy

I've read some reviews by middle-aged women saying it made the texture of their skin look SLIGHTLY better but nothing drastic, and it costs 800 which is a lot for something that might not work. Apparently it is like a mild version of the Fraxel they do in clinics.

I have got loads of small shallow scars all over my cheeks, when I tried self-needling a few years back it made them worse! I think because I have quite fine female skin I don't have the right skin-type for needling, so something gentler like Frazel might be a better idea for me. However at 600 per treatment in a clinic it's outside my price range if I was needing more than one clinic treatment.

Please advice, any experiences of Fraxel would be most appreciated.

Sorry if this topic has already been covered, I used to use this forum a lot years ago when there was a Search function, but there doesn't seem to be one now!

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 04/09/2013 12:18 pm

Has anyone tried the home Philips Reaura Fraxel Laser?

http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/skincare/skin-rejuvenation/reaura/productdetail/SC5000_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en?origin=google_4041476_340776843_B&esvcid=S1365282457_ADOGOB_AGI4041476_CRE20904855398_TID340776843_RFDd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jby51aw%3d%3d_RAWcGhpbGlwcyUyMGZyYXhlbCUyMGxhc2Vy

I've read some reviews by middle-aged women saying it made the texture of their skin look SLIGHTLY better but nothing drastic, and it costs 800 which is a lot for something that might not work. Apparently it is like a mild version of the Fraxel they do in clinics.

I have got loads of small shallow scars all over my cheeks, when I tried self-needling a few years back it made them worse! I think because I have quite fine female skin I don't have the right skin-type for needling, so something gentler like Frazel might be a better idea for me. However at 600 per treatment in a clinic it's outside my price range if I was needing more than one clinic treatment.

Please advice, any experiences of Fraxel would be most appreciated.

Sorry if this topic has already been covered, I used to use this forum a lot years ago when there was a Search function, but there doesn't seem to be one now!

Never even heard of the at home fraxel so I cannot comment on that? I just had my 2nd fraxel treatment done which was a little over a month after my first. I'm still very red ect..way to early to speak about results. On the after care instructions it says it takes a good 4-6 months post your final treatment to see the full results for scars/wrinkles. As far as cost, maybe you could find a place that allows financing or credit? That is what I did. I could not afford to cover the costs all at once. I am using a credit service that works with the Derm office I got my treatments done at and you can make payments and pay it off gradually. So don't just get put off at the cost. Try and find a Doc who will work with you as far as payment pla, they are out there if you look.