Milia

MemberMember
(@simonukox)

Posted : 04/06/2013 7:49 am

So I've been on Retin-A (Tretinoin) for around a year now, but I find I'm still getting Milia around my eye area. I know Retin-A is supposed to work for conditions like Milia, but I'm beginning to wonder - can the dryness inherent with Retin-A actually contribute towards it?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/06/2013 8:01 am

So I've been on Retin-A (Tretinoin) for around a year now, but I find I'm still getting Milia around my eye area. I know Retin-A is supposed to work for conditions like Milia, but I'm beginning to wonder - can the dryness inherent with Retin-A actually contribute towards it?

Thanks.

Instead of using retin-a you could try using a urea containing cream or lactic acid cream.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/06/2013 8:12 am

i think faceclin helps with milia.

i'll search a lil' more and come back to u.

aanarolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@lemmy)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:50 pm

Tea Tree as a toner at 5% diluted with water had a positive effect on my milia, depite never doing anything good for my acne. It turned them pinkish, and slightly scabbish for a day then went away.

Careful not to apply too strong or too often though, I made this mistake and spent the best part of the week walking round with what looked like two huge red bruises on my cheek bones.