10 Weeks On The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

10 Weeks On The Regimen...with Pics

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:22 am

LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE GROSS ACNE PICS!

I posted a couple of "after" pics a few days ago. Thank you to everybody for the nice comments. Someone wanted me to post before pictures....and my first thought was....ughh....NO FUCKING WAY! Hahaha. But I thought about it a bit more before I replied and you know what...if this gets you guys to do something about your own acne...then maybe I will. The pics aren't from when I started the regimen, but it will give you an idea at how bad my skin got. I was 21 i think. I'm 24 now.

These pictures are from 3 years ago before I went on antibiotics for a few months. My mom took these pictures to show my aunt who is a doctor how bad my skin had been getting. My acne was at my worst!!! My whole face was covered. With the antibiotics, my face totally cleared up, but most if it came back later after 10 months. I then got put on Diane 35 with is an oral contraceptive...and it definitely helped but basically my jaw and chin still had such a massive amount of acne that the BCP didn't help with. I also did lose a bit of weight because I was trying the whole healthier diet thing but that didn't really help much. Tretinoin was usually the only thing I used to combat the acne and it made the spots go away faster, but it never prevented them from coming. When I started the regimen (10 weeks ago), my jaw and chin still looked like the face in the before pictures, although my forehead wasn't as bad, it was still pretty much moderate to severe acne.

This is kinda embarrassing for me so no mean comments please. Hahaha. Be kind!

Oh...and the after pics can be found here.

post-202914-0-97493800-1365228965_thumb.

post-202914-0-17150900-1365228991_thumb.

nasj8, 54321, DeLovely and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@aa1)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:01 pm

Oh my god!

Sorry this is not my reaction to your pictures here but to your transformation. I just saw your after pics and I can't believe how much your skin has improved.

You look like a whole different person!!

Really happy for you, I'm just gob smacked haha!

Wow, well done!

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/06/2013 4:47 pm

your current picture you cant even tell you had acne! im glad you had such great success with dkr.

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 04/06/2013 6:45 pm

Omg no way! Total transformation. Like my jaw dropped. That is so great, I am so very very very happy for you!!!

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/06/2013 8:29 pm

Oh my god!

Sorry this is not my reaction to your pictures here but to your transformation. I just saw your after pics and I can't believe how much your skin has improved.

You look like a whole different person!!

Really happy for you, I'm just gob smacked haha!

Wow, well done!

Believe me when I say no one is more surprised than me that the regimen has worked. :) Thank you!

your current picture you cant even tell you had acne! im glad you had such great success with dkr.

Omg no way! Total transformation. Like my jaw dropped. That is so great, I am so very very very happy for you!!!

Thanks you guys! :) Feels really good to hear such nice things.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/06/2013 9:41 pm

I've seen your 'after' photos also - your results are great!! Your skin now looks amazing :)

It's really encouraging to see that the regimen has worked for you (and others). I'm once again debating whether or not to buy and use the acne.org regimen...

I have some questions, if you don't mind answering that would be great :)

I notice you mention other medication in your signature (metformin and diane) - do you think that helped your skin? or would you credit the regimen to your results? or both? Also how is your skin now with dryness / redness? Are you able to wear makeup if you wanted to now? (I just ask out of curiosity and because I'm trying to decide whether to use BP again / start the regimen. - when I used BP the dryness annoyed me so much and I hated that I couldn't hide the redness or hyperpigmentation marks with makeup because of the dryness/flakiness from BP)

Anyway - congrats again on your results! Your skin looks great :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/06/2013 10:09 pm

I've seen your 'after' photos also - your results are great!! Your skin now looks amazing smile.png

It's really encouraging to see that the regimen has worked for you (and others). I'm once again debating whether or not to buy and use the acne.org regimen...

I have some questions, if you don't mind answering that would be great smile.png

I notice you mention other medication in your signature (metformin and diane) - do you think that helped your skin? or would you credit the regimen to your results? or both? Also how is your skin now with dryness / redness? Are you able to wear makeup if you wanted to now? (I just ask out of curiosity and because I'm trying to decide whether to use BP again / start the regimen. - when I used BP the dryness annoyed me so much and I hated that I couldn't hide the redness or hyperpigmentation marks with makeup because of the dryness/flakiness from BP)

Anyway - congrats again on your results! Your skin looks great smile.png

Thanks! :) So nice to read wonderful comments.

Why did you go off the regimen? Was it not working for you?

So, the deal with metformin and Diane 35 is because of my PCOS. I mentioned in my post that I took antibiotics for a good couple of months and it cleared up everything. It lasted only for 10 months. The acne slowly started to come back so I started taking Diane and metformin to see if it would help. And to a degree it did, but not a lot. It mostly cleared my forehead and the inner parts of my cheeks and nose. But sadly all the acne from my jawline and outer cheeks and chin came back in full force. It was tough because those parts are always the most painful when you have large cystic acne on them. I did use tretinoin, before I started the regimen and it helped a little to make the spot go away but it never prevented acne so that's when I wanted to give the regimen a try. So to sum up my long boring answer...hahaha... Yes, I think both the medication and the regimen helped. Maybe it speeded up the regimen process? Because I thought it was almost too good to be true for my skin to get completely clear in 10 weeks.

Haven't really experienced anymore dryness and redness. The only time I really get red is when I get flustered or when it's hot out. I'm also really pale, so it shows easily but no more redness related to BP. Drying also isn't an issue anymore. I really slather on the cetaphil at night. I look kinda ridiculous because my face is show shiny and oily looking, but I'm going to bed anyways so I don't care. The jojoba oil and the AHA also help in that department. Good stuff!

I am able to wear make-up now. I used to wear so much makeup pre-regimen and I wanted to wear makeup so bad when I started the regimen but it was too painful to apply. It was that stage that even applying moisturizer hurt and I really didn't want to be doing that with the primers and foundations and concealers. So I quit make-up for a couple of weeks until it didn't sting anymore when I applied moisturizer. I just kinda hide behind my hair because my face was extremely red and it was peeling so bad. Usually I just put sheer pressed powder now to control my oily face, its nice not having to go through a long makeup process to cover so much acne.

I hope that helps. Thanks for the nice comment, its always good to read such things. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/06/2013 11:39 pm

I've seen your 'after' photos also - your results are great!! Your skin now looks amazing smile.png

I have some questions, if you don't mind answering that would be great smile.png

Thanks! smile.png So nice to read wonderful comments.

So, the deal with metformin and Diane 35 is because of my PCOS. I mentioned in my post that I took antibiotics for a good couple of months and it cleared up everything. It lasted only for 10 months. The acne slowly started to come back so I started taking Diane and metformin to see if it would help. And to a degree it did, but not a lot. It mostly cleared my forehead and the inner parts of my cheeks and nose. But sadly all the acne from my jawline and outer cheeks and chin came back in full force. It was tough because those parts are always the most painful when you have large cystic acne on them. I did use tretinoin, before I started the regimen and it helped a little to make the spot go away but it never prevented acne so that's when I wanted to give the regimen a try. So to sum up my long boring answer...hahaha... Yes, I think both the medication and the regimen helped. Maybe it speeded up the regimen process? Because I thought it was almost too good to be true for my skin to get completely clear in 10 weeks.

Haven't really experienced anymore dryness and redness. The only time I really get red is when I get flustered or when it's hot out. I'm also really pale, so it shows easily but no more redness related to BP. Drying also isn't an issue anymore. I really slather on the cetaphil at night. I look kinda ridiculous because my face is show shiny and oily looking, but I'm going to bed anyways so I don't care. The jojoba oil and the AHA also help in that department. Good stuff!

I am able to wear make-up now. I used to wear so much makeup pre-regimen and I wanted to wear makeup so bad when I started the regimen but it was too painful to apply. It was that stage that even applying moisturizer hurt and I really didn't want to be doing that with the primers and foundations and concealers. So I quit make-up for a couple of weeks until it didn't sting anymore when I applied moisturizer. I just kinda hide behind my hair because my face was extremely red and it was peeling so bad. Usually I just put sheer pressed powder now to control my oily face, its nice not having to go through a long makeup process to cover so much acne.

I hope that helps. Thanks for the nice comment, its always good to read such things. smile.png

Thanks for that! :)

I used BP pretty consistently for about 5 years I guess but it only ever cleared my acne if I took antibiotics while using it. On it's own it did help a little but never to the point where I was clear or nearly clear. But even though I used a gentle cleanser and moisturiser with it I've never done the acne.org regimen / method of using BP - which I guess is pretty different to how I used it only once a day. I probably didn't use as much as the regimen suggests either. But I stopped using BP basically because I thought it wasn't working for me even after years of using it - but I've been thinking lately that it was probably how I was using it that was the problem... So I might end up trying the regimen sometime sooner than I thought - I don't like the idea of going through all that redness and dryness while your skin gets used to the BP and having to go out in public but I suppose that's all worth it if it ends up helping my skin :)

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/06/2013 11:49 pm

Thanks! smile.png So nice to read wonderful comments.

I hope that helps. Thanks for the nice comment, its always good to read such things. smile.png

Thanks for that! smile.png

I used BP pretty consistently for about 5 years I guess but it only ever cleared my acne if I took antibiotics while using it. On it's own it did help a little but never to the point where I was clear or nearly clear. But even though I used a gentle cleanser and moisturiser with it I've never done the acne.org regimen / method of using BP - which I guess is pretty different to how I used it only once a day. I probably didn't use as much as the regimen suggests either. But I stopped using BP basically because I thought it wasn't working for me even after years of using it - but I've been thinking lately that it was probably how I was using it that was the problem... So I might end up trying the regimen sometime sooner than I thought - I don't like the idea of going through all that redness and dryness while your skin gets used to the BP and having to go out in public but I suppose that's all worth it if it ends up helping my skin smile.png

Why not give it another shot right? I know I've used BP before too when I was a teen and I only used it for about two months as a spot treatment. I used a 10% one and my skin felt horrible. And now, its part of my daily regimen that helped clear me. It's weird how the process and the % and what you use it with can actually matter. If you do decide to do the regimen, stick to it and good luck! :)

ch4cha and Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 04/07/2013 12:20 am

I m so happy to wht u get now :) coz I got acne last year as well same as u as 21 years old.I wanna get a healthy skin as u as well:) thank you for cheering up ppl who r still new to bp.

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/12/2013 1:14 am

I m so happy to wht u get now smile.png coz I got acne last year as well same as u as 21 years old.I wanna get a healthy skin as u as well:) thank you for cheering up ppl who r still new to bp.

Thank you! :)

Hoping that it helps convince people to give the regimen a try. Maybe it also might help them with their acne problem.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/23/2013 5:43 pm

I love stories like this! Gives me hope that my acne may be able to get under control with treatment. You are gorgeous!

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/23/2013 8:27 pm

I love stories like this! Gives me hope that my acne may be able to get under control with treatment. You are gorgeous!

Thank you! :)

Other stories have inspired me to try and find a way to get my acne under control. I've probably tried so many things like everyone on the boards. It takes work, but it worked really well for me.

MemberMember
(@ireneferdz08)

Posted : 05/08/2013 11:56 pm

hi

nicmic62

i also want to have that kind of transformation.. and i am so helpless.

hi. my name is irene, i am 22 y/o from the philippines and , i've been suffering from acne since gradeschool, already tried everything under the sun. I got this information from youtube that acne.org really works. But they aren't shipping to the philippines so i tried these alternatives:

1. Cetaphil gentle cleanser (mercury drug)

2. BP Benzac AC 2.5% (bought @sulit.com)

3. Cetaphil moisturizing cream (mercury drug)

i am on my second day and luckily there were no break outs, but what i can notice is, my face turned sooooo OILY!!! shining shimmering splendid. hmp! is it because of the moisturizer and or because of our HOT climate? should i discontinue the moisturizer?

and because i had so many acne on the past years, i also got lots of scars and hyper pigmentation, but again there is no available jojoba oil and AHA in the philippines,,

HELP ME? sad.png

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/09/2013 1:33 am

hi

nicmic62

i also want to have that kind of transformation.. and i am so helpless.

hi. my name is irene, i am 22 y/o from the philippines and , i've been suffering from acne since gradeschool, already tried everything under the sun. I got this information from youtube that acne.org really works. But they aren't shipping to the philippines so i tried these alternatives:

1. Cetaphil gentle cleanser (mercury drug)

2. BP Benzac AC 2.5% (bought @sulit.com)

3. Cetaphil moisturizing cream (mercury drug)

i am on my second day and luckily there were no break outs, but what i can notice is, my face turned sooooo OILY!!! shining shimmering splendid. hmp! is it because of the moisturizer and or because of our HOT climate? should i discontinue the moisturizer?

and because i had so many acne on the past years, i also got lots of scars and hyper pigmentation, but again there is no available jojoba oil and AHA in the philippines,,

HELP ME? sad.png

Do you have a Healthy Options store near you? I get my jojoba oil from them. Around 1k for the big bottle. The brand I use is dessert essence. For the AHA, I order from multiply. Try this link. http://multiply.com/Glycolic-Cream-10-Rejuvenating-and-Moisturizing-500g/p-cputqZjaYn

Cetaphil moisturizing cream is very very moisturizing. I find it heavy myself. I use the Cetaphil lotion and I only use it at night because during the day I find it too heavy for my face. And with out warm weather lately, it just doesn't work. If you can find a lighter moisturizer for the day, that would be better. I like using Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel, kind of expensive, but it last 3-4 months because I use it in the AM only and I also mix it with Celeteque's Anti-Aging Facial Moisturizer because it has SPF.

I guess my tip would be to get the jojoba oil soon and incorporate that into your routine ASAP! The AHA you can use that around your 5th or 6th week once your skin is used to the BP.

The Cetaphil cream you have you can use at night...it doesn't matter that your face looks shiney shimmering splendid..you are going to sleep anyways. Hahaha. Hope I was able to help. :)

ch4cha liked
MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/09/2013 8:14 pm

Your story and results are so inspiring! Your skin looks amazing. Gives me a great deal of hope in the Regimen :)

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/09/2013 8:27 pm

Your story and results are so inspiring! Your skin looks amazing. Gives me a great deal of hope in the Regimen smile.png

Thanks man! :)

I hope the regimen will work for you as well as it did for me. Excited to see a lot of new regimen user on the board. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@ireneferdz08)

Posted : 05/10/2013 10:00 am

hi.. im on my fourth day on the regimen and i can feel that my face likes it..still no breakouts (crossed fingers) hehe yes! cetaphil cream was very heavy on my face that i have to discontinue using it, ive also read from one of the posts here that the natural oil on ur face will keep it moisturized especially on a hot weather. is that wrong? or should i continue using it?

ok i have to find healthy options for the jojoba, anyways whats that for? hehehe sorry, so ignorant.

anyways thanks Youre really a great help. :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/10/2013 8:06 pm

hi.. im on my fourth day on the regimen and i can feel that my face likes it..still no breakouts (crossed fingers) hehe yes! cetaphil cream was very heavy on my face that i have to discontinue using it, ive also read from one of the posts here that the natural oil on ur face will keep it moisturized especially on a hot weather. is that wrong? or should i continue using it?

ok i have to find healthy options for the jojoba, anyways whats that for? hehehe sorry, so ignorant.

anyways thanks Youre really a great help. smile.png

The thing I have noticed with the regimen is that the dryness will just suddenly come out of nowhere. Mine was at its worst during my 3rd and 4th week. Cetaphil is actually good for that, but I only use it at night. A lighter moisturizer in the AM will do.

The jojoba oil will help moisturize your face without making it feel oily. I'm not sure that makes sense because it is oil, but it gets absorbed by your skin without breaking you out. Put a few drops of jojoba when you apply moisturizer during the AM and PM.

MemberMember
(@ireneferdz08)

Posted : 05/11/2013 10:21 am

now i understand. thank you so much! i am happy with the regimen.. really happy.. i thought.. id suffer forever. acne.org was a great help.. and also your advice.. wub.png

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 05/11/2013 11:06 am

a big no no for the cetaphil cream! dapat yung lotion! guys magkakaron na ata sa philippines yung cetaphil lotion and cetaphil cleanser na designed for acne prone.. binigyan ako ng med rep last week.. let me show u the pics wait

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/11/2013 2:42 pm

Hey nicmic did u still get breakout week 8i suddenly got two in week 8.is that normal

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/11/2013 10:43 pm

Hey nicmic did u still get breakout week 8i suddenly got two in week 8.is that normal

First of...I am not sure if you're a girl, but I do get random spots whenever I get my period. Or lately I noticed that I get one or two when I am stressed out. Doesn't really bother me too much now because AHA makes for a really good spot treatment.

But I have to mention that even in week 8 I still had acne, it was getting better but I really try not to count the blemishes I got because that would just drive me nuts.

a big no no for the cetaphil cream! dapat yung lotion! guys magkakaron na ata sa philippines yung cetaphil lotion and cetaphil cleanser na designed for acne prone.. binigyan ako ng med rep last week.. let me show u the pics wait

Do those contain any acne-fighting ingredients?

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:08 am

I m a pretty n hot asian girl haaa just kidding i have PERIOD

Thank you nicmic anyway if i clear up all acne n red spot i gonna upload my picture

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/12/2013 2:04 am

I m a pretty n hot asian girl haaa just kidding i have PERIOD

Thank you nicmic anyway if i clear up all acne n red spot i gonna upload my picture

No need to kid, work it girrrl! Hahaha.

Usually I get spots a few days before my period starts. But just spot treat with AHA and it goes away pretty quick.

Gillianbb liked