How I Beat The Batt...

Notifications
Clear all

How I Beat The Battle With Flakiness

MemberMember
(@bailey2)

Posted : 04/05/2013 11:24 pm

Hi all. I started the regimen 3 months ago and although my skin has made dramatic improvements which I am quite pleased with, I could never control the flakes, dryness, and redness which are unfortunately side effects of the BP. Up until now. About 2 weeks ago I made some changes in the way I applied the products and the results are nothing short of amazing. I no longer have the awful flakes, I have absolutely NO redness, and my skin just feels a lot healthier overall. (Unfortunately I am still dealing with these stubborn red marks but alas, what can you do except be patient..)

Heres what I did: After cleansing my face I apply the moisturizer straight onto my face without drying it first. I found that by putting the moisturizer onto a damp face that my skin would absorb the product much faster and much more effectively. THEN I would apply the BP after the moisturizer had sunk in.

By doing this, instead of the traditional DKR, My skin finally felt clear AND healthy. It also looked MUCH MUCH better than before.

I hope this will help some of you out there

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@haley-may)

Posted : 04/05/2013 11:47 pm

I've found the same thing, even though I'm not using the regimen. If I allow my skin to dry after washing it before putting moisturizer on, it's already too late. For the reason I will purposely not dry my face when I get out of the shower until I can get to my moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:12 am

I will definitely try this out tonight doesnt seem like it'll hurt the regimen. So do you apply the full amount of moisturizing after cleansing? Do you moisturize again after applying bp throughout the day or is it not needed. And also does the bp lose effectiveness when doing it this way?

MemberMember
(@bailey2)

Posted : 04/06/2013 9:55 am

I will definitely try this out tonight doesnt seem like it'll hurt the regimen. So do you apply the full amount of moisturizing after cleansing? Do you moisturize again after applying bp throughout the day or is it not needed. And also does the bp lose effectiveness when doing it this way?

I apply the full amount of moisutrizer after cleansing, along with two drops of jojoba oil. For me it is not necessary to reapply throughout the day but I also have quite oily skin and live in a very humid climate. The BP does not seem to lose its effectiveness by doing this way.

Hope this works for you!

MemberMember
(@aa1)

Posted : 04/06/2013 12:46 pm

Hey!

Before the regimen I used BP on its own and found that moisturising first definitely helped but I didn't think I should experiment with the regimen but now I have some reassurance that it still works ill definitely be doing this tonight!

I'm a beginner but I'm already experiencing the hash effects!

MemberMember
(@sdsfdf)

Posted : 04/09/2013 9:25 pm

i just started using dans regimen today, do you think i could do this instead of doing it the normal way or will it affect it?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/10/2013 12:32 am

I'm glad this method works for some of you and that its helping with the dryness, but I still recommend that you follow the regimen exactly as Dan has described. Believe me I understand how awful the dryness is at first and so its very tempting to change the steps but if you start to change the regimen right from the beginning and in 3 - 4 months you find the regimen isn't working, how will you ever know if its because you changed the process and created your own style of the regimen?

Just some food for thought, but either way I wish you all the best of luck :)

MemberMember
(@bailey2)

Posted : 04/10/2013 11:23 am

i just started using dans regimen today, do you think i could do this instead of doing it the normal way or will it affect it?

I have remained clear by doing the above steps instead of dans but I should note that it may depend on the severity of your acne. With my skin being so sensitive however, I found that I do need a sort of 'buffer' between my skin and the BP or my skin just wreaks havoc. The moisturizer does this just perfectly.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 04/13/2013 1:15 pm

I'm glad this method works for some of you and that its helping with the dryness, but I still recommend that you follow the regimen exactly as Dan has described. Believe me I understand how awful the dryness is at first and so its very tempting to change the steps but if you start to change the regimen right from the beginning and in 3 - 4 months you find the regimen isn't working, how will you ever know if its because you changed the process and created your own style of the regimen?

Just some food for thought, but either way I wish you all the best of l

Just some food for thought, but either way I wish you all the best of luck smile.png

I've been on the regimen for close to 10 years. I've never been able to solve the flakiness. I live in Northern Canada (temps go down to -50). For some of us, the flakiness is just as bad as the pimples. With the strongest moisturizers and jojoboa oil having no effect, what do you suggest we do when it's clear our skin will never adapt to the regimen like Dan is able to in his videos?

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 04/13/2013 4:36 pm

I m on bp on almost week 5.i can feel my texture of my skin is so dry.i think my texture is changing.I wanna know if it is same for u guys like .Or my face may adjust the bp when i m in 3 month.I think i would try yr way to apply bp.I dun want my skin texture is changed to old lady even though acne free