Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FashionMoney

Doxy=Scarring/marks?

I use to never get marks or scars after a bad breakout but now it seems like every pimple I get leaves a mark...

I feel like doxy has worked in the sense that it speeds up the process, aka I notice that if I get a pimple its gone faster.. but that comes with the price of a red mark..

I just feel like doxy rushes everything which then doesn't allow a breakout to heal correctly, which then leads to red marks..

Is this possible, anyone else experience this?

P.s I'm on 100mg a day & I'm coming to the end of my 3rd Month, I'm scared to stop because I feel like since its a antibiotic, acne will come back with a vengeance, I always read about that.

I took doxy for about 3 or 4 months a few years ago - can't remember how many mg though. I don't remember it causing red marks or anything for me. But I already had a tendency for that to happen anyway. Are you using anything else / any topicals that might be causing or contributing to the developing of red marks?

When I stopped taking doxy I was still clear for about a month after that but then acne started coming back - it wasn't actually any worse than before I started doxy but it felt like it was worse at first because I'd been able to enjoy relatively clear skin for a while because of doxy.

So yeah you're acne might return, unfortunately, but hopefully you'll be able to have some time of clear skin before that happens. It was around a month for me but I've heard of people whose clear skin from antibiotics lasted a lot longer than that after they stopped them

I took doxy for about 3 or 4 months a few years ago - can't remember how many mg though. I don't remember it causing red marks or anything for me. But I already had a tendency for that to happen anyway. Are you using anything else / any topicals that might be causing or contributing to the developing of red marks?

When I stopped taking doxy I was still clear for about a month after that but then acne started coming back - it wasn't actually any worse than before I started doxy but it felt like it was worse at first because I'd been able to enjoy relatively clear skin for a while because of doxy.

So yeah you're acne might return, unfortunately, but hopefully you'll be able to have some time of clear skin before that happens. It was around a month for me but I've heard of people whose clear skin from antibiotics lasted a lot longer than that after they stopped them

Epiduo is my Topical, I apply that at night only. Then I use cetaphil moisturizer & gentle cleanser.

Ivw been using epiduo for awhile now before I even started doxy & never had red marks

And i hope that doesn't happen..