Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itseverywheree

Is My Acne Mild/moderate/severe? [Pics]

[deleted because I don't want pictures of me like this anywhere on the internet, and I actually got enough info from the thread already to feel better]

Edited by itseverywheree

Looks moderate to me.

You could try switching to electrical and see if it helps, they sell cheap ones at cvs. Does it itch? And how long have you been using those meds?

I've been using an electric razor forever (the one I linked to).

My acne does itch a lot more lately than usual. The doxy I've been using since I was probably 17-18 so a verrrry long time, on and off. Clindamycin is relatively new, maybe 8 months or thereabouts.

Suggestions on how to clear it up?

We're pretty much in the same situation. Same age, acne, etc. I would say its moderate though. I really found no link between razors or shaving though.

Well the doxy doesn't seem to be working much, neither does clindamycin. Since it itches and antibacterials are failing, I would consider something like pseudofolliculae barbae - basically fungal folliculitis. You could try applying something like head and shoulders shampoo to the area, leaving it on for ~10 mins, then washing off for a week or so, see if that helps