Questions/new To Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Questions/new To The Regimen

MemberMember
(@brat23)

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:49 pm

BACKSTORY (CAN SKIP IF YOU DON'T CARE...CAN GO RIGHT TO THE QUESTIONS): Hi guys. I'm a 29 year old male who mainly gets some blackheads around the nose area and a few on my forehead (but you know I remove them haha) and cysts on my face (temples, eye area, forehead mainly).

Now I have been on Carley's Clear and Smoothe for over 6 years. I cannot say a bad word about them. I actually made a review about them on here before. They have WONDERFUL products. It was working for me for years but I've become disabled and have not kept up with my regimen so much due to other health concerns being more important...Semi paralyzed stomach vs acne...hrrm which to take care of first?! lol Ok so you guys get why I became more relaxed about it and why Carley's wasn't used every day. I figured that it was as if I were starting anew with Carley's and that it needed the 3-6 months to fully kick in. I've given it two years or so since and SADLY, it's never given me the effect that it gave me the first time: clear and radiant skin. I'm at home most of the time but when you have so much wrong with your body to start with, the last thing that you want to pile on top of it is some acne, cystic or not. I rarely go out but when I do, I like to look good and have some confidence. I decided to try Mr. Kern's system because it's vegan and that is a must for me...as well as the proven science behind it. BP is not something that just came out yesterday.

Questions:

1) Are all the products including the AHA 100% vegan. Not vegetarian but VEGAN! It states vegan on the website but it does not on the products so yes, I am a little afraid. It only says no animal testing and no animal product which doesn't mean they are vegan. If they are not, I will sadly have to return them. I rather have acne than harm innocent animals. It's my way of life.

2) Is the moisturizer safe and light enough to use in the eye area? I know better than to use the BP and the AHA in those areas so don't worry about this.

3) I started with half a finger of BP since Carley's did have some BP in it...However, it had a different way to look at it...It went on the skin for 30 seconds or so then was removed. I still feel like starting at 1/3 of my finger is too slow. Of course, if I start to have any major side effects, I will cut back. If all goes well, I plan on using a full finger next week. The question is: Is there anything that I should look for that indicates that it was in fact too much BP to start with and that I should cut back? I mean...we all get some flakyness even with the moisturizer no matter what amount of BP we use I'm guessing? Would you stay with the amount of BP I'm using if there is only a bit of flakyness (keep in mind that I almost never leave the house) or cut back as it's a sign that my skin is not liking it at all aka any flakyness is a bad sign. I'm sorry this isn't one really clear question but more of an amalgam of situations about BP and when to push/backup...If I were 100% new/never used BP before, I would follow the instructions to the letter, of course.

4) I recently found a solution for cysts that are coming out or just huge. Vick Vaporum! I kid you not. It works ONLY on cystic acne and usually they are half if not less of their size over-night. I saw this on Youtube and thought to myself ''ya right'' until I tried it. It may not work for all but I was shocked that it did work for me. Can I keep doing that? I get that Mr. Kern's system has the goal to eliminate all of my cysts but let's face it, I expect results, not a miracle. I will get a cyst every so often. It's just in my genetics.

5) At night, you would do wash, BP and then AHA instead of moisturizer (a mont later). You still do the BP, right? Or is that step skipped if you do the AHA?

6) Sunscreen: I almost never go out but I realize that when I do, I need to wear it. Would you put on your sunscreen or a foundation that has sunscreen in it after all the steps (after the moisturizer) or do it before any other steps? Yes I do wear foundation as a guy and I know I'm not alone ;p Got to cover those zits and uneven tones

7) I have a scar reducing product from Carley's clear and Smoothe. It is of course entirely Vegan. Can I still use this product? I use it at night because it does have a smell to it and tends to cake a little. If yes, would I put it on after the AHA or Moisturizer or at another step in the process?

TY for your answers. I know some of these questions may be a bit obscure and I know that I am wanting to mix other products in which may not be reccomended. I just don't want to say in 6 months ''The Treatment did not work for me...yet I'm the reason why it didn't work because I didn't follow the instructions''.

Patrick