Notifications
Clear all

Going To College With This Girl And...

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:17 pm

I am freaking out. I met her over Twitter a few months ago and we found out we are going to be in the same class. The problem is she tells me I'm pretty but she only has my pictures to go by since we've never actually met each other. Of course, my skin looks flawless with makeup on in pictures (also thanks to the filters/edits).. I wouldn't say it's terrible now, but it's definitely not 'flawless'. I have blemishes and scars. A little makeup will cover them, sure, but my skin won't look as flawless as it looks in my pictures.

I'm just really anxious, I wonder if she's going to change her perception of my looks once she sees me. My features are still the same but my skin isn't. I know it's stupid but I'm feeling super scared. I know I'm going to get a mini anxiety attack on the first day of school. It starts in 2 days.. When my acne/pigmentation was at its worst a 2 years ago I would skip school a lot and hang out in bathrooms/malls. I don't want it to happen anymore, I would cry everyday because my skin was so bad. :(

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/05/2013 2:17 pm

I am freaking out. I met her over Twitter a few months ago and we found out we are going to be in the same class. The problem is she tells me I'm pretty but she only has my pictures to go by since we've never actually met each other. Of course, my skin looks flawless with makeup on in pictures (also thanks to the filters/edits).. I wouldn't say it's terrible now, but it's definitely not 'flawless'. I have blemishes and scars. A little makeup will cover them, sure, but my skin won't look as flawless as it looks in my pictures.

I'm just really anxious, I wonder if she's going to change her perception of my looks once she sees me. My features are still the same but my skin isn't. I know it's stupid but I'm feeling super scared. I know I'm going to get a mini anxiety attack on the first day of school. It starts in 2 days.. When my acne/pigmentation was at its worst a 2 years ago I would skip school a lot and hang out in bathrooms/malls. I don't want it to happen anymore, I would cry everyday because my skin was so bad. sad.png

If she judges you based on some acne then she isn't someone you want to waste your time on anyways! Stay positive!

MemberMember
(@creativedisplayname)

Posted : 04/05/2013 7:37 pm

I say , DON'T stress out about it. What I've found out is girls are sometimes less insensitive about acne than guys meaning they won't say anything unless they're the typical vain 'mean girl'. I think what I would do is, if you're scared about what she might say when she sees you . next time she compliments your looks give a sly hint about your skin so that she kind of knows. I don't know if I'm making any sense but yeah, I also think you shouldn't care so much about her 'view' on you. If shes nice she wont care about your skin. She'll like you for you

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/06/2013 2:18 am

I'm sure shes not flawless herself. Lets say if she was cross eyed or whatever would you think any different of her? Might be a stupid example but you get what I'm saying. If she doesn't talk to you because you have acne, scars or whatever then her flaw is she is a major b*tch. You're pretty dont worry about it.