Notifications
Clear all

Mineral Foundation (Picture)

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:00 pm

Hey everyone. So as a teenage girl with acne, I'm obviously obsessed with skin makeup. I've tried quite a lot, mostly drugstore to be honest. I don't have the money to go high end. But I tried all the drugstore foundations. And when I say all, I really mean all. Almost all were liquid, while some were powder. Which I think was my problem. Liquid foundation, while it looks fantastic on some people, just felt gross on me. Every time I'd touch my face, it would feel so caked on. It also felt and often looked caked on. In the past year i decided to try something new and got mineral foundation. So far, I love it. If you want full coverage, this isn't for you. But if you want full coverage, you will always have that "caked on look", if you ask me.

There are a lot of different opinions on mineral foundation on here so I guess i'm just throwing mine out there too. I have mild-moderate acne and combination-dry skin. I don't like full coverage makeup at all on me. I would rather have a few flaws showing than be "the girl with the cake face". Just my opinion. Mineral foundation can give you little or medium coverage (I use medium). It won't cover all your flaws completely but just looks natural, which I LOVE.

I took a picture of my skin with mineral foundation just to show you. As you can tell, you can see a red bump on my nose, because like I said you won't have picture perfect skin. Also, I have blush on. I'm naturally really pale so if I don't have a little color on me I look dead.

post-195006-0-69509600-1365184765_thumb.

post-195006-0-69509600-1365184765_thumb.

MemberMember
(@soulivan7)

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:24 pm

That looks really good and natural wub.png

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/05/2013 2:32 pm

I envy how nice mineral make up works on your combination dry skin.

On my dry is just is so DRY , I have the bare essentual one and whenever I try to apply it I just feel like I'm applying nothing and after a cople of minutes I look in the mirror and I'm something like : "what on earth is going on here......." all the mineral make up just caked on my face , it looks so so bad.And you can't say that I don't have the "tools" to apply it , I googled " best way to apply mineral make up " Everyone said: "get the f82 round kabuki brush" so I did . And you can't say that I don't know how to apply it beacuse I youtubed " mineral makeup tutorial" and watched a lot of videos.

Do you think I should try other brand of mineral make up? because everyone says that is best for natrual looking ,since I'm a guy I want that , liquid foundation looks pretty obvious.

Bottom line : your skin looks great.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 04/05/2013 3:05 pm

You don't even look like you have acne at all.

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 04/05/2013 3:51 pm

On my dry is just is so DRY , I have the bare essentual one and whenever I try to apply it I just feel like I'm applying nothing and after a cople of minutes I look in the mirror and I'm something like : "what on earth is going on here......." all the mineral make up just caked on my face , it looks so so bad.And you can't say that I don't have the "tools" to apply it , I googled " best way to apply mineral make up " Everyone said: "get the f82 round kabuki brush" so I did . And you can't say that I don't know how to apply it beacuse I youtubed " mineral makeup tutorial" and watched a lot of videos.

Do you think I should try other brand of mineral make up? because everyone says that is best for natrual looking ,since I'm a guy I want that , liquid foundation looks pretty obvious.

Use moisturizer and a primer! I use the bare essentials one too! the first time I put it in i was on whattttt is going on right now. I bought the foundation with the primer that comes in the get started kit. Best primer ever! If I didn't moisturize with about 2 drops of jojoba oil and then put on primer, it'd never stay and wouldn't look good

You don't even look like you have acne at all.

Hahaha thanks I guess but I definitely do. I have for 6 years, but it's gotten so much better lately

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/06/2013 3:15 am

Use moisturizer and a primer! I use the bare essentials one too! the first time I put it in i was on whattttt is going on right now. I bought the foundation with the primer that comes in the get started kit. Best primer ever! If I didn't moisturize with about 2 drops of jojoba oil and then put on primer, it'd never stay and wouldn't look good

>You don't even look like you have acne at all.

Hahaha thanks I guess but I definitely do. I have for 6 years, but it's gotten so much better lately

I have the MUFE green primier , I'll try with that one and I'll get back to you!