Pustules & Inflamma...

Notifications
Clear all

Pustules & Inflammation In The Hairline & Around Lips - Treatments Recommendations

MemberMember
(@medic)

Posted : 04/05/2013 12:42 pm

Recently I've had constant problems with pustules and inflammation in my hairline and around my lips. New pustules of various sizes are forming everyday and inflammation never goes away. Currently, I only wash these areas with cleanser once a day and use a moisturizer twice a day. I don't want to use BP on sensitive areas, especially lips.

Can anyone recommend treatment? Any advise on foods, etc? Thanks.

i5nl1d.jpg

21ni16v.jpg

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/06/2013 9:37 am

I would try switching shampoos, maybe to even head and shoulders to see if the zinc helps with the oil production there. What are you currently washing your face with?

MemberMember
(@medic)

Posted : 04/23/2013 4:15 pm

I would try switching shampoos, maybe to even head and shoulders to see if the zinc helps with the oil production there. What are you currently washing your face with?

I've been using H&S for years.

I started to use Neutrogena VISIBLY CLEAR Daily Wash about a week ago.

Is there something to help me with the redness and to heal the skin, over the counter or prescription?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/24/2013 3:54 pm

Try source a shampoo named 'nanogen' it's anti-dandruff, but it also contains Salicylic acid which is supposed to prevent hair loss, but as we know it's amazing for acne too. I'm going to give this shampoo a try too. I've heard great things about it.

I have the same acne as you (pustules) around my nose and chin. For me it's the worst kind of acne because of the pus and they can get really painful. Definitely try salicylic acid based treatments and try only wash twice a day. I used Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser and cetaphil cleanser. Both work great :)

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 04/26/2013 4:37 am

Hmmm..since you have it along your hairline and around your mouth, I'm suspecting SLS is causing or helping cause the problem. Try an SLS free toothpaste (like sensodyne pronamel) and an sls free shampoo.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:53 pm

I had similar hairline breakouts to yours at one point. Eventually connected the breakouts to shampoo and hair styling products I was using. I was using a variety of products that contained plant extracts. When I eliminated those, my skin improved. I was also using a dandruff shampoo that contained salicylic acid and when I eliminated it my hairline acne cleared up completely. I decided that I am sensitive to salicylates. . .maybe someone who reads this can relay their experiences and confirm if they think that is likely my issue.

Occasionally I was still experiencing some embarrassing dandruff. Once I figured out that I was sensitive to wheat and eliminated it from my diet, my dandruff and remaining breakouts elsewhere on my face and body cleared, too. Sometimes I cheat by eating a doughnut, but always end up regretting it by struggling with breakouts that take several weeks to heal!

MemberMember
(@benkelson)

Posted : 05/03/2013 12:52 am

Hi. If you're still having trouble with acne around your hairline, I would recommend using this shampoo: http://www.neutrogena.com/product/t-gel-+therapeutic+shampoo+-+original+formula.do?sortby=ourPicks . It completely cured my oily, itchy scalp, which was prone to break outs. Also, when I get acne around my mouth I use this mint julep masque: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/queen-helene-mint-julep-masque-mint-julep/ID=prod7481-product . It really helps to dry up zits and calm the redness. I know you said you didn't want to use Benzoyl peroxide so close to your lips, but I would sometimes use this BP soap http://www.walmart.com/ip/Panoxyl-Bar-Acne-Maximum-Strength-Wash-4-oz/10323031 as a spot treatment. I'd lather it up in my hands and put a big dab of it directly onto the zit, let it sit a few minutes and rinse it off. Best of luck to you!