Notifications
Clear all

Fermented Cod Liver Oil

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 04/05/2013 11:21 am

Hey wondering if anyone takes this or has read about it and their thoughts. Found out about it last night and have been reading for a couple hours about it now. To some it's the greatest supplement out there, comes from Green Pastures and is fermented cod liver oil/butter oil blend. Supposedly other fish oil/cod liver oil including carlson's is heated at very high temps destroying the vitamins and altering the effectiveness of the oil itself. Here is an article relating to it and acne:

http://www.thelovevitamin.com/3452/fermented-cod-liver-oil/

Stuff is definitely expensive, and am going back and forth on whether to try this stuff or stick to Carlson's.

MemberMember
(@sieve820)

Posted : 04/05/2013 3:57 pm

I recently tried the Green Pasture Fermented Cod Liver/Butter Oil mix. I bought it after having mild success with store brand cod liver oil, and I heard that this stuff is the best of the best so I bought it in hopes it would help to clear me up. It didn't. I took it for 3 weeks straight and I have to say my acne did not improve. It actually got worse when compared to the store brand stuff. I also got a rash on my belly from it. I went back to the store brand and saw better results again. Can't recommend dropping the 50 dollars on it. I got the cinnamon gel one

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 04/05/2013 4:11 pm

First post and a big help to me haha thanks. Thats the exact kind I was looking at.. it does have some negative reviews.. on some health forums people rave about it saying its the best thing ever. Could also just be psychological hype lol. Almost all though agree of its amazing benefits for teeth, curing cavities and stuff like that, gum diseases. Will have to do some more reading around.

MemberMember
(@bsider)

Posted : 04/05/2013 8:42 pm

I supplemented with 5ml of Green Pastures fermented cod liver oil for the past 3 months. In this last month, I was taking it in combination with a spoonful of the Green Pastures high vitamin butter oil. I don't think it improved my acne very much, but I didn't have any negative side effects to it.

On a side note, I plan on taking a vitamin D test next week to check if the cod liver oil maintained healthy vitamin D levels during these past winter months. If it did, it may be a worthwhile supplement.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:03 am

I just got some today coincidentally. I've seen a few posts around these boards by people who used it with success. I think, depending on your type of acne, you may or may not see benefits. It would certainly be helpful for people deficient in D, A, and K (I think?), and it probably has a bunch of other low-concentration bioactive molecules floating around. I got the chocolate version. Have to say though it isn't half as bad as I thought it would be to swallow

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/12/2013 9:16 am

I have been using it and it cleared up my keratosis pilaris. I really don't want any butter if I can avoid it. So I hope my dad orders the non-butter one. Acne is weird.