Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer For Extremely Dry Skin?

MemberMember
(@anb1998)

Posted : 04/05/2013 9:40 am

Okay so I guess you could say what I'm doing for my acne is a version of the regimen. I've been doing it for like a little less than a week and its really clearing up my skin. What I'm doing is washing with luna black soap with shea butter unscented for like 10 seconds in lukewarm water then letting my face dry for about 10 minutes then putting about a quarter size amount of proactivs step 2 (its 2.5% bp) and letting that dry then using an olay moisterizer mixed with olive oil and loading that on then letting it soak in for a few minutes and dabbing off the exess. My skin is seriously so dry since I started this though... even with using the olive oil. I do it twice a day. Oh yeah I forgot to add that I'm like doing to ocm with olive oil before I wash my face because the dead skin build up was getting really bad and that helped and it didn't break me out so I started doing that plus it isn't really a scrub because I'm just using my fingers so it doesn't iritate my skin. Btw I'm 14 and my mom wont buy me any more face stuff because I already have a lot so I can't get anything new. Is there like something I could make for my dry skin or like something I would have around the house to use for it? Will the bp stop drying me out after a while? I'm doing thisbecause I saw the video gossthemakeupartist did on youtube about his acne. He said he used just plain sunscreen and it got rid of the flakyness but I don't really want to put straight up sunscreen on my face.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/06/2013 7:41 am

I doubt that you can make your own moisturizer , if you live in USA you can get products like Cetaphil moisurizer cream bassicly cheap , I have to pay about 30$ for each cetaphil product.So if you want a rich , good moisturizer go for Cetaphil or CeraVe cream,until then take it easy with your tratment.

Btw gossthemakeupartist gives great advice on everything!

MemberMember
(@californiaxnights)

Posted : 04/14/2013 7:32 pm

Try wearing a Night Cream during the day if your skin is that dry. Also, on the more dry spots on your face, try putting EOS lip balm on it. Don't know how, but it works wonders when used with moisturizer. I've done this many times, especially during the winter when my normal/combination skin tends to be more dry.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@lekry)

Posted : 04/21/2013 2:12 pm

Dan's moisturizer is really good. For me, too expensive. I Absolutely hate looking for moisturizers, I have spent days looking for moisturizers with 100% no pore clogging or irritating ingredients. A moisturizer that has none is Elta MD intense moisturizer 2.8 oz. But it is super greasy. The one I use which I absolutely love is unrefined raw shea butter. It is 100% non comedogenic and the only people who experience problems are the ones who think they've gotten pure shea butter or didn't even know there was a difference. It comes in a clay like form, usually yellow, and gets soft in your hands when you rub it around. It is healing, reduces irritation, and a minor suncreen. My favorite part is if you put it on lightly it won't give you a oily look, and if you want more moisturization you can put more on. you get that oily look though. It is long lasting and reletively cheap. Like four dollars for 2 oz which lasts forever! It will minimize or completely get rid of flakes, and definately moisturize completely. It is super thick though, so what I do is lightly pat all over my face to get it everywhere and then gently rub around. it'll get thinner as it melts on your skin so it's easier to get everywhere. I get it on Ebay because it's only the place I feel comfortable using, though you could probably find it else where via google search.