Notifications
Clear all

Broke

MemberMember
(@bryles)

Posted : 04/04/2013 10:45 pm

April 5th

Now, i can really say that I have hit rock bottom.I am turning 25 this year. I am out of Job for 2 months already, Going back to my Parents house, I got $4 in my atm and still breaking out like crazy.

I had interviews for the past 2 months and unfortunately I always fail the Interviews, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am turning 25 and Still I am breaking out like hell and to add I have tons of scarring both Ice pick and box scar types on both my cheeks and temples. Yea, I have it all. And right now I am really sad and angry. Why did i have to endure all the acne shit for 7 years and right now i have to live with both acne and scarring..

I really hate this. Im starting to think that ill be miserable for the rest of my life.

Sorry for the rant. I dont know if i can talk to my friends about this. Im pretty sure they wont understand because all of them have great skin.

Attached is my photo taken a couple of minutes ago. sad.png

post-68172-0-61260500-1365135241_thumb.j

post-68172-0-61260500-1365135241_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/04/2013 10:57 pm

It's all good I totally understand. Personally I never had trouble getting jobs and my face has always been f*cked up so its probably not the reason why you are failing job interviews. It's prob because you are letting your acne take control of your personality and your coming off as sad and depressed or whatever. You got to fake it sometimes to get through it ya know?

I don't know how bad your acne is or your scaring but it can't be worse than the acne I had or the scars I currently have. I still hold down jobs and make money so its not that hard. And believe me I've let it get the best of me I've always had tons of self hate and been in deep dark depressions but I never let it effect stuff like job interviews.

Just get your sh*t together, get your thoughts in order and keep trying. If my dumbass can do it so can anyone!

MemberMember
(@bryles)

Posted : 04/04/2013 11:22 pm

It's all good I totally understand. Personally I never had trouble getting jobs and my face has always been f*cked up so its probably not the reason why you are failing job interviews. It's prob because you are letting your acne take control of your personality and your coming off as sad and depressed or whatever. You got to fake it sometimes to get through it ya know?

I don't know how bad your acne is or your scaring but it can't be worse than the acne I had or the scars I currently have. I still hold down jobs and make money so its not that hard. And believe me I've let it get the best of me I've always had tons of self hate and been in deep dark depressions but I never let it effect stuff like job interviews.

Just get your sh*t together, get your thoughts in order and keep trying. If my dumbass can do it so can anyone!

Thanks for the response man. Ive posted a photo of me taken a couple of minutes ago. so That's how my face actually looks like right now. It's hard to ignore that specially in Interviews because i caught some of the interviewers looking on my temples instead of looking me in the eyes, and when that happens i know its over..or I wont get the job. Specially I am applying for a Nurse Position, Unfortunately here in the Philippines the employers loom for employee whon has a pleasing personality which sucks.

Anyway I'll try not to think about my acne, scars and ill try to avoid mirrors.

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 04/04/2013 11:43 pm

I seen this guy in a club last weekend with horrendous scarring and discolouration, far more severe than yourself. He was the DJ and girls kept coming up to him and kissing him on the cheek.

The guy didn't care that he had dreadful skin and it was evident that nobody else cared either. The guy just does what he loves in life and people love him for it.

My point is, don't let your skin control who you are. You're skin is simply a part of you, not the other way around. It doesn't define who you are. So go out there and do what you've always wanted to do. Be what you've always wanted to be.

Don't sit in the house feeling sorry for yourself. You have nothing to feel sorry about.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:06 am

Thanks for the response man. Ive posted a photo of me taken a couple of minutes ago. so That's how my face actually looks like right now. It's hard to ignore that specially in Interviews because i caught some of the interviewers looking on my temples instead of looking me in the eyes, and when that happens i know its over..or I wont get the job. Specially I am applying for a Nurse Position, Unfortunately here in the Philippines the employers loom for employee whon has a pleasing personality which sucks.

Anyway I'll try not to think about my acne, scars and ill try to avoid mirrors.

Hi! I'm from the Philippines too. And I would agree...employers do hire people with pleasing personalities most of the time...nobody really wants to work with someone who has a sucky personality right? I guess personality is sometimes overridden if that person is superb in their field. But, for you being a nurse, so that has to come with the job because you are gonna be dealing with people.

Cheer up! Your acne doesn't look half as bad as what mine used to be. These are still ways to fix it. :)

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 04/05/2013 7:33 am

I'm not good at giving advice, but let me tell you this. My cousin who happens to have severe both acne and scarring, gets more ladies than his brother who has clear skin. It's still a mystery to me how he does that but as an acne sufferer myself, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't let acne affect our way of thinking and just keep our heads up. Cheers!

Off topic:

I never thought I would meet fellow Filipinos in this forum. I left Philippines when I was 12 and I've been dying to come back ever since, but I'm quite intimidated by the fact that I hear most people there can be really shallow sometimes. You know, pointing out insecurities (acne) and making fun of them.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/05/2013 8:43 am

I'm not good at giving advice, but let me tell you this. My cousin who happens to have severe both acne and scarring, gets more ladies than his brother who has clear skin. It's still a mystery to me how he does that but as an acne sufferer myself, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't let acne affect our way of thinking and just keep our heads up. Cheers!

Off topic:

I never thought I would meet fellow Filipinos in this forum. I left Philippines when I was 12 and I've been dying to come back ever since, but I'm quite intimidated by the fact that I hear most people there can be really shallow sometimes. You know, pointing out insecurities (acne) and making fun of them.

Hey there fellow Filipino!! :))

You should come back and visit...summer weather has been pretty good lately.

You know what though...I find that there are shallow people everywhere. I have traveled to a few places and there will be people who poke fun at you but at least you know who to steer clear of. Not everyone is an asshole, I guess you kind of just learn who are your real friends.

MemberMember
(@bryles)

Posted : 04/05/2013 9:00 am

I seen this guy in a club last weekend with horrendous scarring and discolouration, far more severe than yourself. He was the DJ and girls kept coming up to him and kissing him on the cheek.

The guy didn't care that he had dreadful skin and it was evident that nobody else cared either. The guy just does what he loves in life and people love him for it.

My point is, don't let your skin control who you are. You're skin is simply a part of you, not the other way around. It doesn't define who you are. So go out there and do what you've always wanted to do. Be what you've always wanted to be.

Don't sit in the house feeling sorry for yourself. You have nothing to feel sorry about.

Thank you for the response man.

I know. I think the problem is within me. I always feel like its a losing battle.

Its hard, I really try to avoid products that will cause breakouts because Every zit that pops up no matter how small they are always leaves scar. Its weird because My skin turned from 30% bad to 70% within 3 years. Im gonna post som of my pics from months ago for you to see the difference.

I am really trying so hard to be confident and sh*t even if i am dealing with all of this.

I hope it'll be over soon.

I wanna start living, I want to party with my friends, I want to have my friends back which i believe i already lost because I always avoid them, i wanna see my high school friends, I wanna attend my cousins wedding. But I always feel bad and Inferior because of this bad skin sad.png

This photo was taken 2 years ago.I was so depressed that time and now I would give anything to get this skin back.

MemberMember
(@bryles)

Posted : 04/05/2013 9:47 am

Off topic:

Thanks! I wish I have your cousin's confidence and courage. Believe me I am really trying my best to keep my head up and face this everyday.

Yea, unfortunately there's a person who will try to make fun of you or try to push you down when you really feel very bad, i guess they are everywhere.lol.

Are you breaking out right now? Where are you located?

Cheers from the Philippines smile.png

Off topic:

Hey there fellow Filipino!! smile.png)

You should come back and visit...summer weather has been pretty good lately.

You know what though...I find that there are shallow people everywhere. I have traveled to a few places and there will be people who poke fun at you but at least you know who to steer clear of. Not everyone is an asshole, I guess you kind of just learn who are your real friends.

Hi! Yea, thats why i had to resign from my last Job, because I am not happy anymore. And my workmates and my boss started to notice that. Everyday I feel like I am dragging myself to work,I am always sad, And I dont want to spend time with my friends anymore because of my acne and scars. It started affecting my Job. sad.png

MemberMember
(@onlyskindeep)

Posted : 04/05/2013 9:57 am

Just wanted to say you're a GOOD LOOKING guy!!! Honestly! Hope you feel better soon.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 04/05/2013 3:26 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. It's not just the Philippines where you have to have a nice personality to get a job. I don't think any employers anywhere are looking for people with negative personalities. Not saying you were being negative during your interview or anything, just that getting a job can be difficult no matter where you live.

I definitely agree with the "fake it til you make it" approach. There have been times that I had an interview or some other pressing social situation and I acted so fake happy and nice the entire time, only to break down sobbing as soon as I was off on my own. And some of those times, I've gotten the job... People can't tell when you fake it. So just act like a happy, clear-skinned person would act and then cry later. I realize this isn't the most emotionally healthy approach, but sometimes you need to do something (like get a job) NOW and can't wait through 10 years of therapy and medications to deal with your self-esteem and skin issues. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

I know this isn't going to help, but I don't even think your skin is bad, at least from your pics. I see some acne, but I don't see any massive, infected cysts like I would get... I see people with skin like yours quite often here in America. Plenty of them have jobs. I know it's tough, but the only thing holding you back is you.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/05/2013 5:22 pm

Just wanted to say you're a GOOD LOOKING guy!!! Honestly! Hope you feel better soon.

^THIS

I made a comment in another post that a lot of people on this site post pics of themselves showing their acne and scars but I see beautiful people underneath it all. You are a PERFECT example. Your a good looking guy, yes I see the acne and scaring but overall it doesn't take away from the fact that you are an attractive dude. You are your worst enemy in this case. I'd trade places with you anytime bro! lol no bullsh*t.

You said yourself that you started feeling sad and dragging YOURSELF down. If I saw you in public I'd be like whatever there is a normal dude and I imagine if tons of females saw you walking down the street they would look your way and think your attractive. Unless you're with your head down all down on yourself then people sense that and stay away. Thats why your probably failing job interviews.

Seriously your acne and scars aint shit from what I can see on those pictures. I literally LOL'd when I saw your pics. I can't believe you feel this way man.

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 04/05/2013 8:21 pm

Thank you for the response man.

I know. I think the problem is within me. I always feel like its a losing battle.

Its hard, I really try to avoid products that will cause breakouts because Every zit that pops up no matter how small they are always leaves scar. Its weird because My skin turned from 30% bad to 70% within 3 years. Im gonna post som of my pics from months ago for you to see the difference.

I am really trying so hard to be confident and sh*t even if i am dealing with all of this.

I hope it'll be over soon.

I wanna start living, I want to party with my friends, I want to have my friends back which i believe i already lost because I always avoid them, i wanna see my high school friends, I wanna attend my cousins wedding. But I always feel bad and Inferior because of this bad skin sad.png

This photo was taken 2 years ago.I was so depressed that time and now I would give anything to get this skin back.

I know how you feel. When I was 15 I felt so low, just for having cystic acne. I thought it couldn't get any worse. Then by the time I was 18, my face was full of pits and hyperpigmentation and then I really thought that it really couldn't get any worse.

Well.... i'm 22 now and its worse than ever. I don't just have small pock marks in my face, I have massive holes in my face now. I also have a combination of hyperpigmentation and rosacea, my face feels like its constantly on fire, except from when I wear an intense moisturizer that makes my face far too shiney and sticky to go outside with.

But you know the worst thing of all? Even if my skin was perfect, I still wouldn't be an attractive looking guy. When I see other people posting pictures on here, they all look good to me, despite their skin.

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 04/06/2013 6:35 am

Off topic:

Thanks! I wish I have your cousin's confidence and courage. Believe me I am really trying my best to keep my head up and face this everyday.

Yea, unfortunately there's a person who will try to make fun of you or try to push you down when you really feel very bad, i guess they are everywhere.lol.

Are you breaking out right now? Where are you located?

Cheers from the Philippines smile.png

I'm not currently breaking out but I still have discolorations and pit scars from my previous inflammations. I'm only 19 and I feel so wrinkly, and I'm getting tired of thinking about my skin so I try to keep myself occupied and avoid mirrors smile.png I'm currently located here in Idaho, U.S and been living here for 6 years now. Lots of nice people in here and I'm so fortunate that not even a single person pointed out my bad skin nor gave me shit about it.

Speaking of jobs, I've been been looking for one and it has been tough for me because almost every job openings here involves being in a cash register and I just so happen to have a social anxiety, even before I had acne. Well anyways, I wish the best of luck for both of us and may we hopefully find a suitable job!

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 04/11/2013 11:00 pm

hi bryles ,i know what you feeling ,the same here , i have deep and wide box car scars, scarred pores, spider veins and redness, i,m here in egypt , no work , no real cure for acne scars , no girlfriend :(, believe me when your skin redness and red marks gone ,your skin will be very good, your scars aren't deep at all , be patient and work hard ,save more money and concentrate only on your skin, i still have long road cuz i'm in the worng place in the world for curing skin problems, also skin care products here is with very highly prices ,i can't try any new cream , i hope someday to go to US or europe ,i'm still fighting for that . hope the best for you .

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/26/2013 6:43 am

Maybe you should try to get on accutane to stop the breakouts? Your scarring really doesn't look bad, the biggest issue I notice is that your skin looks a bit oily and red. I think if you got your skin clear with accutane (or something else, but accutane would probably be the most effective choice), you'd feel much better and could turn your life around.

Good luck. :)

MemberMember
(@bryles)

Posted : 04/27/2013 7:42 pm

hi bryles ,i know what you feeling ,the same here , i have deep and wide box car scars, scarred pores, spider veins and redness, i,m here in egypt , no work , no real cure for acne scars , no girlfriend sad.png, believe me when your skin redness and red marks gone ,your skin will be very good, your scars aren't deep at all , be patient and work hard ,save more money and concentrate only on your skin, i still have long road cuz i'm in the worng place in the world for curing skin problems, also skin care products here is with very highly prices ,i can't try any new cream , i hope someday to go to US or europe ,i'm still fighting for that . hope the best for you .

Hi man! I understand how you feel, Cause I also have all the stuff that you said. My skin is not that red anymore, i decided to keep my regimen as simple as washing it with water in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide wash at night and so far it has improved my skin. And also I began taking vitamin c supplement in the morning and before getting to bed. And like what others told me , i try to look on the positive side of life everyday, Its hard I know but we dont have any choice but to keep moving. Maybe someday we'll get over this and we'll be free from this curse.lol. Stay strong man.

BTW this is what my face looks right now.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:17 pm

Wow, your skin looks good. I seriously don't see that bad of a problem, and like a lot of people said here, you are a good looking guy! :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 04/28/2013 12:40 pm

No one would look at you and think "that dude has acne." You look like a totally normal person!

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:33 pm

Damn dude...Nice skin! I'm happy for you. I'm still kinda hoping that I would outgrow my acne by the time I'm in my 20's

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:14 am

It's funny how acne scarring is something I HATE about myself. I can't stand it and it's all I see when I look in the mirror but when it comes to other people with scars, I don't mind it. In fact, sometimes I think someone is even more interesting/attractive because of it. They have character. I also appreciate the battle they fought and feel happiness and pride for them because I'm glad that part of their life is over. They won. Nothing wrong with scars, after the first sight of them, they become invisible to me.

MemberMember
(@bryles)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:31 pm

Wow, your skin looks good. I seriously don't see that bad of a problem, and like a lot of people said here, you are a good looking guy! smile.png

Thanks for the confidence boost :)

Are you breaking out as well?

a

No one would look at you and think "that dude has acne." You look like a totally normal person!

Thanks! It actually looks a lot less than that, the fact that i'm using low end phone(low mp) lol..This may sound cheezy But actually i realized that it (scars/acne) would only matter to those people//person who doesn't really matter to us or who aren't worthy of being friends with. Because real friends know how you feel about this things and know that even though they would like to comment /make suggestions they would rather shut up to avoid making you uncomfortable.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:51 pm

Wow, your skin looks good. I seriously don't see that bad of a problem, and like a lot of people said here, you are a good looking guy! smile.png

Thanks for the confidence boost smile.png

Are you breaking out as well?

a

>No one would look at you and think "that dude has acne." You look like a totally normal person!

Thanks! It actually looks a lot less than that, the fact that i'm using low end phone(low mp) lol..This may sound cheezy But actually i realized that it (scars/acne) would only matter to those people//person who doesn't really matter to us or who aren't worthy of being friends with. Because real friends know how you feel about this things and know that even though they would like to comment /make suggestions they would rather shut up to avoid making you uncomfortable.

sadly, I am breaking out again! :(

It's totally true what you said. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! I've had "friends" who were very judgemental. Guess what, I'm not friends with them anymore and life is better that way.