Notifications
Clear all

Starting A New Regimen (Epiduo, Bp, Bactrim)

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/04/2013 1:47 pm

Ok here I go AGAIN.. I am starting back on my old regimen that I started back in AUG 2012. I quit on Jan 15 2013 because I didnt like the results and I wanted back on Accutane. I looked back on a picture from Jan 2012 and compared it to today and although I wasnt clear clear it was a hell a lot better than where Im at right now..

I researched second courses of Accutane and it seems like most people in my situation have the same problem after their second course. I have oily sensitive skin.

Here is a picture of what I looked like in January when I gave up because it didnt look good enough for me...

Ill post a pic of my current skin later tonight..

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/04/2013 10:14 pm

Welp heres where Im at today. Hope it doesnt get worse..

Todays Pics..

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/04/2013 1:09 pm

Here are pics a month back into Epiduo. The first couple are taken with no flash in sun light and the last 3 are in room with flash on. Maybe a small improvement just a tone of red marks as usual..

PICS

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/04/2013 5:58 pm

I definitely see improvement! Your acne seems very mild and surface level which means that when you find the right regimen, it should go away rather quickly. Stick with epiduo for 3-5 months and see how it works. Have you ever tried The Regimen? Lots of folks here seem to have success with it. Diet changes is also something you can look into though with you being in the military, i'm not sure how feasable that is.

Stay positive though

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/04/2013 10:23 pm

I actually stopped using Epiduo in Jan to try the regimen but I did not like it. I didnt give it enough time to work but it made my already red face much redder. So Im going to try Epiduo for another month or two and if Im still breaking out my Derm gave me differin .03 to use a couple times a week. Im also being much less harsh on my skin now. I use to never moisturizer and but a ton of product on my face. Now Ive got a gental face cleaner and I mix the Epiduo with a moisturizer.

I use to do weekly updates but Im going to stick with monthly. I try to not look at my face as often now too because it drives me crazy lol

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/16/2013 7:04 pm

Pictures are from week 6 on epiduo

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/30/2013 3:10 pm

Here is 2 months (About 8 weeks)

Pics

Everything's pretty much just red marks...

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/31/2013 6:33 pm

Your skin looks great. Red marks are so much better than active acne as they will go away with time. Keep up the progress!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 06/20/2013 12:02 pm

Well its week 11 and Still not where I want to be. Still a ton of red marks and my back and chest is breaking out.. I just cant win lol. Ive been using Differin .03 for most of this month instead of Epiduo. I have a dermatologist appointment monday and a part of me just wants to try another course of Accutane. Im soo done with this..

Anyway here are pics from week 11

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 07/17/2013 6:04 pm

Week 15

Still not anywhere near where I want to be.

You can see how oily my skin is at the end of the day. And I have a ton of small red bumps everywhere.

Pics