Help! Super Dry/fla...

Notifications
Clear all

Help! Super Dry/flaky Skin

MemberMember
(@missygee)

Posted : 04/03/2013 4:56 pm

Hello I've been on the regimen for almost one month , my skin has been super dry and flaky even worst when i wear makeup and sadly i did not purchase jojoba oil . Sad part is i can't find any drugstores in Toronto that would sell jojoba oil . I was wondering if you guys can suggest me something similar i can put on to stop the flakyness and dryness or Where could i find jojoba oil in Toronto-Canada. It's a must for me to wear makeup because i work as a makeup artist at mac. Please please i would so appreciate it if you guys would help me :)

MemberMember
(@live-laugh-love-4)

Posted : 04/03/2013 6:39 pm

I don't live in Toronto but I do live close, and where you generally find Jojoba oil is at an all-natural/organic store and they usually range from 8-12 dollars, and I'm sure if you google 'organic stores toronto' you'll find a location. But I recommend getting a Vitamin-E enriched cream, they are super hydrating but greasy so I'd use it as an overnight cream. Also try using Vasaline, spread it on your really dry areas and that should help too, again you'll have the greasy effect so use overnight.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/03/2013 7:51 pm

Just type "health food store toronto" or "health store toronto" into google, see what pops up and call a few of them and simply ask if they sell it. if nothing pops up tweek your search a bit. I live in woodstock ontario and i found a store here "Maya health food store" that sells pure organic jojoba oil. If it can be found here I gaurantee it can be found in toronto.

Noah's Natural Foods in toronto sells organic jojoba oil, your welcome.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/03/2013 8:13 pm

Hello I've been on the regimen for almost one month , my skin has been super dry and flaky even worst when i wear makeup and sadly i did not purchase jojoba oil . Sad part is i can't find any drugstores in Toronto that would sell jojoba oil . I was wondering if you guys can suggest me something similar i can put on to stop the flakyness and dryness or Where could i find jojoba oil in Toronto-Canada. It's a must for me to wear makeup because i work as a makeup artist at mac. Please please i would so appreciate it if you guys would help me smile.png

After a month you can incorporate AHA into the regimen. It really does help with the flakes. And yes, get the jojoba oil because it helps with the dry feeling.

MemberMember
(@ellieaccutane)

Posted : 04/03/2013 8:52 pm

Hey,

I've been using roaccutane to treat my acne & one of the main side affects is extremely dry skin.

What i like to do is gently exfoliate in the morning. Then before i put any makeup on, i use a dry skin lotion that you can find at any chemist/drug store. Afterwards i'll use a silicone based primer mixed with a small amount of an oil based or serum type primer. It keeps my skin moisturized all day with a flawless foundation look. Don't be afraid that the serum primer will leave your skin oily because your skin is so thirsty it'll literally drink it up.

Hope this helps! Good luck (:

MemberMember
(@missygee)

Posted : 04/04/2013 6:41 am

aww all of you guys have been so helpful! I am skeptical of getting any other creams that will treat dry skin because i want to precisly follow the regimen treatment this is why im not too quite sure if i should be adding anything else besides the jojoba oil ... would it be okay? would it break me out more? is vitamen e ok? .. Thanks in advance sweethearts =)

Just type "health food store toronto" or "health store toronto" into google, see what pops up and call a few of them and simply ask if they sell it. if nothing pops up tweek your search a bit. I live in woodstock ontario and i found a store here "Maya health food store" that sells pure organic jojoba oil. If it can be found here I gaurantee it can be found in toronto.

Noah's Natural Foods in toronto sells organic jojoba oil, your welcome.

MemberMember
(@live-laugh-love-4)

Posted : 04/04/2013 8:30 am

I've personally never tried Jojoba oil, I've heard it does help with dryness/flakiness, but everyone is different :( And yes, following the regimen strictly is important, so I'd give it a try and get my hands on some, but if it doesn't work for you by all means get something more hydrating for the skin because more dryness just ends up giving your skin more irritation and breakouts.

MemberMember
(@missygee)

Posted : 04/04/2013 11:10 am

GUYS i finally found a local store that requires jojoba oil, I am extremely excited to use it. I was just wondering what is the best way to use it since i AM on the regiment should i just put some drops and mix it with my moisturizer or before the cleanser?

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/04/2013 12:12 pm

Jojoba oil will definitely help until your skin is ready for AHA... You may incorporate AHA after the 5 to 6 week mark on the regimen. Be sure to mix the jojoba oil with your moisturizer to ensure your skin absorbs the product well. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!! smile.png

MemberMember
(@missygee)

Posted : 04/04/2013 1:32 pm

can i also use 5 drops of jojoba oil to mix it with my moisturizer?

Jojoba oil will definitely help until your skin is ready for AHA... You may incorporate AHA after the 5 to 6 week mark on the regimen. Be sure to mix the jojoba oil with your moisturizer to ensure your skin absorbs the product well. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!! smile.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/04/2013 1:49 pm

Yes... when I did use jojoba oil, I would use around 3 to 5 drops, depending on how dry my skin was...

MemberMember
(@missygee)

Posted : 04/04/2013 2:04 pm

thank you , thank youuu

MemberMember
(@missygee)

Posted : 06/01/2013 1:12 pm

helllo folks! i want to update you guys with my skin, it has been so smooth for the past 3 weeks now :) my skin has somewhat clear up but i've gotten red marks, not sure if it's a pimple because when i touch my face where the pimple was, i still feel a bump as if the pimple grew into my skin and not out, it's mainly on my cheeks >_< ... i hope there are solutions for this,i will be attaching pictures for you to see, not all of them. Please help I want my face to be completely clear. I would love to hear your comments <3

picture038.jpg

picture037.jpg

picture036.jpg