Notifications
Clear all

Acne Spots(Dark Brown And Red Marks - Not Scars) That Won't Go Away!even With 'niltan'!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/03/2013 1:40 pm

hello friends!

i've have had acne(on my cheeks,forehead mostly) but although most are healed,i still have the marks left.

they are not scars as such(no unevenness) except for two spots which have a lil' raised surface.it's not something one can see unless very close or touching but the dark brown colour they(both the raised spots) have wont go...nor do the normal brownish/reddish marks do.

i'd been prescribed 'NILTAN' cream for the dark spots.

and my dermatologist told me that she expects the marks to fade in about two months.

it's been more than two months but a few spots just wont budge.

also the redness(that i have from side effect of isotroin(accutane) causing dryness(extreme dry cracked skin darkens)) in form of patches isnt fading.

i use saslic salicylic foaming face wash(1%) twice a day.(morning and night).its been abt 40 days(of using the wash) and 4/3.5 mnths since i stopped isotroin...but the redness isnt going.

as i'd told earlier.()

you can also see my pictures there.

i mean to add the exact pictures of the 'special' spots by tomorrow.

please help.

p.s the cream 'NILTAN' cant be used everywhere carelessly cause i somehow feel it clogs my pores and creates heads or small zits.so only on the spots.

MemberMember
(@branmesa19)

Posted : 04/03/2013 2:06 pm

I have the same exact problem. I have been using the Clarisonic for 8 weeks and it made me break out really bad on my chin and around my mouth. Therefore, it left nasty dark spot scars. I was browsing on acne.org and stumbled upon a forum of home remedies. Believe it or not lemon juice (from real lemons) works wonders for fading the dark spots. I have been applying lemon juice on the spots with a q-tip for only 3 days (twice a day), and it's ALREADY getting lighter!!! It's unbelievable! I have been struggling with acne since I was 17 (I am now 37), and nothing has worked as well as lemon juice. Of course, it does sting for about 5 seconds, and you have to use common sense, and not apply it to broken skin...but other than that it works to fade the dark spots! I've read that it makes other people break out with little white pimples, so be cautious. I would suggest applying the lemon juice on a small spot/area to test how you will react to it.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/03/2013 7:34 pm

if you no longer get acne, stop with the treatments for marks, dont over wash your face, your own oil the best thing you have for healing red marks, dry skin doesnt heal. I dont by any means mean let your face turn into an oil slick, but if your not getting acne anymore, having a healthy amount of your own oil will help the healing, try only washing once a day, and use a moisturizer if you feel you need it. I really like "L'oreal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive" this along with not over washing healed all my red marks in about 4 months. (untill I took antibiotics for tooth abscess and strep throat, now my skin is dry as fuck and acne prone) only wash when you feel and look like you need to. Get some sun. (Not too much tho)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/04/2013 2:29 am

Hey, I just wrote a separate thread, but I found that Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair seemed to rid me of redness and prevent scarring.

More info with pics on my blog: *removed by moderator. please see board rules*

I hadn't used anything else but this product so I'm pretty sure it's the reason I escaped scarring.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/08/2013 1:44 pm

I have the same exact problem. I have been using the Clarisonic for 8 weeks and it made me break out really bad on my chin and around my mouth. Therefore, it left nasty dark spot scars. I was browsing on acne.org and stumbled upon a forum of home remedies. Believe it or not lemon juice (from real lemons) works wonders for fading the dark spots. I have been applying lemon juice on the spots with a q-tip for only 3 days (twice a day), and it's ALREADY getting lighter!!! It's unbelievable! I have been struggling with acne since I was 17 (I am now 37), and nothing has worked as well as lemon juice. Of course, it does sting for about 5 seconds, and you have to use common sense, and not apply it to broken skin...but other than that it works to fade the dark spots! I've read that it makes other people break out with little white pimples, so be cautious. I would suggest applying the lemon juice on a small spot/area to test how you will react to it!

hello!

actually there was one point when i did use lemon juice.i diluted it with a bit of rose water(dabur brand) and used it on the spots i previously had(may abt 1.5 years ago).

but then i stopped when i read quite a few blogs which said that lemon juice makes ur skin sensitive.so when in sun,the spots are will tan faster.

am not sure.

also,it does have bleaching effect like tomato,potato skin or yoghurt(lactic acid) but unlike many it's too drying as well.

what do u think?

may be i should give it a go once more.

p.s what of clarisonic were u using?

if you no longer get acne, stop with the treatments for marks, dont over wash your face, your own oil the best thing you have for healing red marks, dry skin doesnt heal. I dont by any means mean let your face turn into an oil slick, but if your not getting acne anymore, having a healthy amount of your own oil will help the healing, try only washing once a day, and use a moisturizer if you feel you need it. I really like "L'oreal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive" this along with not over washing healed all my red marks in about 4 months. (untill I took antibiotics for tooth abscess and strep throat, now my skin is dry as fuck and acne prone) only wash when you feel and look like you need to. Get some sun. (Not too much tho)

hi!

am not completely healed.

i do have whiteheads,a few zits here n there which comes up now and then...also recently i seeing these sharp white heads on my cheeks..they are freaking me out.

please check this and see if can help http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327738-sudden-sharp-white-heads-on-cheeksplease-help/#entry3339426

like i've said before i wash just twice with this aha cleanser(1%) and splash my face with water 3-4 times for its get oily + i use the clingard gel twice a day.(so the face needs to be clean before application.n i remove it later)

i dnt use any cream or med on my face excpt for spot treatment.

in fact i'm stopping bp from today onwards for i feel since i dnt have much active acne now..it's pointless using bp on white heads or small bumps and reddening them overnight.

thank u for answeing mate.

Hey, I just wrote a separate thread, but I found that Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair seemed to rid me of redness and prevent scarring.

More info with pics on my blog: *removed by moderator. please see board rules*

I hadn't used anything else but this product so I'm pretty sure it's the reason I escaped scarring.

hey!

i'm actually talking abt spots and post acne marks not scar exactly.(excpt for raised scars..!)

thanks for replying.=)