Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer / Sunblock / Something To Help My Red Nose?

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 04/03/2013 1:00 pm

Hello,

I'm in need of 3 things:

- a good moisturizer (I'm going on a low dose of accutane shortly)

- a really good sunblock with high SPF, because the summer is coming up and I have pale, sensitive skin

- something that will cover my red nose and give me a more even skin tone. I have a red nose and would like to reduce it's redness with some kind of make-up.

What should I get? Is there a product out there that has all 3 things in one?

As I mentioned, my skin is extremely sensitive and breaks out really easy, so I'm looking for stuff that won't clog my pores or make me break out.

Thanks for reading this, any help will be much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/04/2013 10:28 pm

Hello,

I'm in need of 3 things:

- a really good sunblock with high SPF, because the summer is coming up and I have pale, sensitive skin

- something that will cover my red nose and give me a more even skin tone. I have a red nose and would like to reduce it's redness with some kind of make-up.

As I mentioned, my skin is extremely sensitive and breaks out really easy, so I'm looking for stuff that won't clog my pores or make me break out.

Try looking into tinted moisturizers. If you want something that is all-in-one that would probably be your best bet. There are a lt of them out there so I'm sure you can find one you like.

I haven't tried any, but I did use a tinted sunblock from clinique that gave me 25SPF protection and lessened my redness because it had a slight tint. Nothing to overpowering. It wasn't a moisturizer so I had to put on one before I applied the sunblock.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 04/09/2013 4:09 pm

My boyfriend has a red, flaky nose. He's been putting coconut oil on it every night for about a week and a half now and his nose looks better than it's ever looked. Hardly any redness and NO flaking. As for SPF, I use Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream that has SPF 30 in it. It has really good coverage too. I've also been using the coconut oil at night and my skin is less red, as well. If you are going to use coconut oil, make sure you get cold-pressed (or expeller-pressed) virgin coconut oil. It should be white, solid, and great smelling like coconuts. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 04/10/2013 11:31 am

Thanks to both of you for the tips.

I've looked for tinted moisturizers on the internet, but it's not easy finding one you feel confident about spending money on. Most have both very positive reviews and very negative reviews. And I haven't yet found one that looks like it would blend into my pale skin.

Anyway, I think I might just buy a moisturizer with high SPF and mix some concealer/foundation/primer in there? If you can do that, at least? I haven't got a clue. I still don't really know the different between a concealer or foundation..

As for the coconut oil, I will definitely try this but I have the oiliest skin in the world, so I fear a break-out of epic proportions will ensue if I use coconut oil. But it's worth a go!

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 04/11/2013 1:40 pm

I use Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer with SPF during the day. I think it would work to mix some foundation with it to make it a"tinted moisturizer." A good foundation that won't break you out is Revlon's ColorStay Foundation. Get the lightest color (I'm super pale, too!), put a bit in your hand, then pump out a little bit of moisturizer into it. Mix it together. Rub it on your skin! Don't use too much though!

Neither of these products are expensive and can be found at the drugstore or walmart. Also, I have super oily skin too and using coconut oil (just at night!) has actually helped it! :)

Also, a concealer is usually thick and very pigmented. A foundation is usually less-coverage, but spreads easily.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/11/2013 10:53 pm

The trick really would be going out and testing the products. See how it feels on your skin, if it matches your tone and also taking a look at the ingredients to see that it doesnt break you out.

Some make-up counters are really helpful with that kind of stuff. Just let them know what you want out of the make-up.

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 04/25/2013 1:58 pm

Thanks a lot for the replies girls. Saw them way back when you posted them but have been on the go, but I'll be trying out different products and techniques as you both suggested. Thanks again!

Now all I have to do is find a place that ships the products I'm after... hehe

MemberMember
(@jabbathehut)

Posted : 04/25/2013 7:38 pm

Hey check out the BRTC Blemish Recovery Balm (BB cream)!

MemberMember
(@jsmithson)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:04 am

Hello,

I'm in need of 3 things:

1. I use "cetaphil daily advance ultra hydrating lotion". It seems to work OK and doesn't break me out. Problem is I get a film of oil mixed in with the moisturizer after 2 hours so it looks crap but at least I get _some_ moisturizing!

2. I use a cheap, non branded sunblock from my local supermarket (aldi) containing 7% octyl methoxycinnamate, 6% zinc oxide and 1% 4-methylbenzylidene camphor. That's a hell of a mouthful I know! But what I can say is that it works really well as a sun block and it seems to make my skin look less oily (for a few hours anyway!)

3. Not sure about that one...

I'm not sure how well it's going to work trying to combine a separate moisturizer and sunblock. Perhaps a single product containing both might be best?