Notifications
Clear all

Canned Sardines/salmon/fish?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 04/03/2013 12:18 pm

My acne has gotten worst and worst. 26 now and my acne is getting worst.

I read about eating fish is good for acne but what about the canned foods like caned sardines, salmon and tuna?

At first i thought these are bad b/c its in a can and thus processed but someone mentioned in an article these are good for you. The article had nothing to do with acne though.

Does anyone know if eating these will help/hurt your acne?

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 04/03/2013 2:14 pm

My acne has gotten worst and worst. 26 now and my acne is getting worst.

I read about eating fish is good for acne but what about the canned foods like caned sardines, salmon and tuna?

At first i thought these are bad b/c its in a can and thus processed but someone mentioned in an article these are good for you. The article had nothing to do with acne though.

Does anyone know if eating these will help/hurt your acne?

I also heard this a while back and have been eating sardines at least 3x per week for about 5 years now, I can't say it's really made a difference to my skin however oily fish is so good for you in other ways that I'd recommend it to anyone. Yes canned is fine, I eat sardines that way only but because getting fresh ones is difficult. Oh and I love salmon too, when I go out for dinner I almost always choose a salmon steak - delicious! :)

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/31/2013 10:08 pm

Anyone else have opinion on this?

Are these good to eat everyday? I read canned tuna isn't but what about canned salmon or sardines? Its strange b/c fish is good yet most of this stuff is sold in a can.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/31/2013 10:25 pm

fresh sardines are extremely hard to fine. If you find canned sardines that have no added ingredients, I think they are okay (heck I eat them 4-5x a week\)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/01/2013 2:06 pm

Yes, especially the sardines, and the salmon provided its lid caught. There's also canned mackerel. You want to eat low on the food chain when it comes to fish. Small, oily fish. Tuna are not small, are not that great a source of omega 3s, are over fished and unsustainable, and catching them means killing lots of other animals.

fresh sardines are extremely hard to fine. If you find canned sardines that have no added ingredients, I think they are okay (heck I eat them 4-5x a week\)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/01/2013 10:17 pm

Yes, especially the sardines, and the salmon provided its lid caught. There's also canned mackerel. You want to eat low on the food chain when it comes to fish. Small, oily fish. Tuna are not small, are not that great a source of omega 3s, are over fished and unsustainable, and catching them means killing lots of other animals.

I can get sardines. They are of course frozen, which s really the only way you want to get commercially caught fish these days. Lash frozen on the boat.

I consume the following sardines:

http://www.wildplanetfoods.com/store/products#wildcaliforniasardinesinextravirginoliveoil

Are these safe to consume?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 06/02/2013 3:49 pm

But aren't canned foods not really good at all? I use to eat these octopus in a can and i know they have lot of salt etc. So canned sardines and salmon would be fine?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/02/2013 6:39 pm

You can eat canned fish. Avoid acidic things in cans like tomatoes and peaches. And read the label to see how much salt ant take it into consideration for what else you eat that day.