Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 months ago I was taking 25mg of spiro, and upped the dose to 50 on my 3rd month. I started getting decently clear. All the cysts went away, all I had were a few white heads.

After 5 months, I upped it to 75mg, to see what would happen. After 3 1/2 weeks of 75mg, I noticed I started breaking out with cysts again...and then one day, I almost fainted on my way to school. My mentral cycle was also going crazy. I started spotting and having 2 periods a month. So I reduced it back to 50mg, hoping it would go back to the way it was.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting cysts..Not as painful as before, but are reoccurring around my jawline. I have about 6 of them.

I talked to my derm and she said I should get back on 75mg. And so far I have no improvement. Been on it for 3 weeks and my skin is still going crazy. 7 cysts.

I just really don't want the acne to come back? Should I just keep waiting? I would expect spiro to work a little quickly since I"ve been on it for about 6 1/2 months so far. Has my skin resisted spiro?

Thank you