Notifications
Clear all

Help! What Type Of Scars Do I Have? And How Do I Treat Them? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@littlemermaid88)

Posted : 04/01/2013 11:09 am

Hello!

I suffered with pretty bad acne for years, and have finally got rid of it!!!

But now I'm left with this:

post-190114-0-56330600-1364832552_thumb.

(This photo actually makes it look a little clearer than it actually is!)

Please help by telling me what sort of scars/marks I have, and how do I help them fade?

Thank you very much

post-190114-0-56330600-1364832552_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/01/2013 11:18 am

I would say time, AHA, some type of chemical peel etc. But im no expert.

How did you end up clearing your face up?

MemberMember
(@littlemermaid88)

Posted : 04/01/2013 2:56 pm

I would say time, AHA, some type of chemical peel etc. But im no expert.

How did you end up clearing your face up?

I looked into peels but there's so many different types, I wouldn't know which one is right!!

I had moderate/severe acne on and off for about 4 years. Been on and off anti biotics, but the last course I was on (which I finished in Jan this year) just seemed to make it go for good. But I don't really believe it was all down to that, I think acne will go when it wants!

But I use honey on my face, add a little sugar if it needs a scrub! Natural products. They seem to have helped with it too

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/01/2013 2:59 pm

Well Im glad you finally cleared up! Sorry I wasnt much help.. lol

MemberMember
(@littlemermaid88)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:36 pm

Well Im glad you finally cleared up! Sorry I wasnt much help.. lol

Thank you! I think time and patience are key!!

No, I appreciate it :)

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/02/2013 1:53 am

Time will heal that for sure, just be super gentle to your skin, don't over dry it ever, and maybe use the towel method (not a fabricky shower type towel as this will suckered out your sebum and cause drying, dry skindoesnt heal, and moisturizers aren't anywhere near as effective as your own oil for healing. Use a soft smooth hand towels, fold it when you wake up with the side you put your face on folded to the inside, and place in dresser. Change towel every 2-3 days) only use a moisturizer if you feel dry after washing your face, and try to use while skinis is still very slightly damp. Better not to use if you don't have to tho Imo. a,so, and although I'll probably get some slack for this, but if you haven't taken antibiotics for awhile, get a fair amount of sunlight on your face, nothing to the point of burning, but get some for sure, life doest exist without the damn sun, we are designed to need it, without it you are unhealthy. Antibiotics make you sensitive to sun so avoid unless you've been off them for awhile (at least a month) this is all I can think of. DO NOT attempt any abrasive maneuvers, like chemical peels or microdermabrasion, your skin is still very sensitive, why risk it? Then best part about not taking any action to heal the redness is it most like WILL resolve in time (although this will take quite awhile, expect maybe 2 years) but it will get better and better every day your gentle to your skin.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/03/2013 1:51 pm

i have spots that wont budge.

i use aha wash(1%) as prescribed by my derma.

also a skin lightening cream but even that has issues.

see my blog or post on red marks.

i've written what regime i follow.

i wont say they dont work at all.but they are slow.

are u intolerant to creams(like niltan or mederma)?

aana

MemberMember
(@rkcat)

Posted : 04/03/2013 2:53 pm

I definitely think chemical peels could clear that up for you. Start with something mild like glycolic. You seem pretty fair and it you go for something 50% or under I HIGHLY doubt you would have any complications - also i recommend getting it done by a professional and not buying the acid online and attempting to do it yourself. It is fine to do it yourself once you have had a few done and know how they do it / what to expect, but for a first peel i would never try to do it myself. I had similar scarring after a past breakout and with peels and time almost all of it was gone.