Notifications
Clear all

Lump On Forehead?

MemberMember
(@squaree)

Posted : 03/31/2013 11:46 pm

Hi, I am a 14 year old male and I have a question about a lump on my forehead. It is a big hard lump and it has been there for a few months, im think its an underground pimple but im not sure. It doesnet hurt and I'm hoping to get rid of it. I have been using Oxy Acne Vanishing 5% benzoyl peroxide but it doesent seem to have any effect. Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/01/2013 12:39 am

Could be a boil that needs to be drained by a professional. Is it getting bigger? Does it seem to have fluid inside? Is it discolored?

MemberMember
(@buttsoup)

Posted : 04/01/2013 3:57 pm

Quetzlcoatl is right. This is very likely something that needs to be drained by a professional. Odds are that if you let it sit the way it is it will harden and be difficult to remove. I'm not sure where you live, but if you're insured it shouldn't cost you a penny.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 04/02/2013 12:46 pm

It could be a sebaceous cyst and needs to be checked by a Doctor or Dermatologist. Sometimes if those are left for too long they can grow to the size of a golf ball. They also sometimes go away on their own but, please go be seen by a doctor just to be on the safe side.

MemberMember
(@squaree)

Posted : 04/02/2013 11:30 pm

Thank you all for the advice, I will arrange to see my family doctor.