Please Tell Me Thin...

Notifications
Clear all

Please Tell Me Things Will Improve [Week 5 On Acne.org Regimen]

MemberMember
(@mythos)

Posted : 03/31/2013 2:27 pm

Please, please, please tell me things will get better. I've just entered week 5 of being on the Acne.org regimen. Not only has my acne not improved but, as of this week, it has gotten worse! I was so optimistic at the start but I just had a really, really shitty morning seeing my face in the mirror and almost crying. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

Pictures of my cheek over 4 weeks on the Acne.org regimen:

http://imgur.com/a/49zvD

Can someone please tell me why I am seeing zero improvement? This is really ruining my fucking life and I am so desperate for this acne to clear up. It makes me so depressed every morning.

MemberMember
(@abfab6126)

Posted : 03/31/2013 2:47 pm

Have you been to a dermatologist? That kind of acne is like a grade 3 and probably needs antibiotics to clear it. Do it soon so you don't end up with scars later. And I would cut dairy out of my diet if I were you.

MemberMember
(@bgh9080)

Posted : 03/31/2013 3:11 pm

Hello -

I agree with abfab6126 - if you're not seeing a derm, see one. I took Ampicillin (an antibiotic), which helped me a lot. It didn't clear me, because I have a lot of nodular acne on my back, but something like that might help you because a lot of the spots on your face don't look that deep. From these photos it looks like you have mostly whiteheads and pustules and papules, not nodular or cystic. Also do some research on supplements (Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Green Tea Extract, Zinc) if you're not taking any.

Some thoughts on why you are not seeing results: Follow the regimen exactly, especially the amounts and apply everything with clean hands. I found a mistake I made for a long time was not using enough topicals and moisturizing lotions. Slather it on and get your whole face, jawline, neck, etc. I was applying just to the problem areas for awhile, which was wrong. My first few weeks on the regimen, my face peeled like CRAZY and my skin was still bad. I didn't want to get out of bed or go to work. But it acclimated and was OK after a few weeks.

I can relate - sometimes I look in the mirror and just cry, because it's hard to get out of bed when you have acne. It just is. BUT, you are doing something, you are on the road to better skin, so keep your chin up! It will get better.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 03/31/2013 3:11 pm

Oh gosh I've felt that pain. I didn't start to see results till my 2 1/2 month mark. I'm now almost on my 4 month mark and I'm like 95% clear but still have lots of red marks. Can I ask what products you're using? Maybe you need to switch your cleanser or moisturizer? And you can now start to use Aha+ with the regimen now, that's what really boosted my healing process. It's a slow painful process, but in the end it is so worth it!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/31/2013 6:46 pm

U need some antibiotics to get it under control.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/01/2013 12:43 am

The regimen starts to work at different times for different people. Some see results at a month, others at 3 months. You can also take the advice of the posters above and consult your doctor about taking antibiotics while continuing on the regimen. Those two together will help eliminate the bacteria faster.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 04/01/2013 2:20 pm

FYI antibiotics also take time. I was on them for about 6 months before I was clear. I had to stop bc the side effects were unbearable. Nausea, heartburn, vertigo, headaches. To dissing them, they just weren't good for me.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 04/01/2013 2:31 pm

To those recommending antibiotics, please research the massive risks of abusing antibiotics long-term. 6 months on antiobiotics will basically completely destroy your gut bacteria and can potentially mess you up for a very long time. I just don't understand the philosophy behind this approach. Acne isn't an infection that you clear up with a course of antibiotics and then it's gone. Bacteria and infections do play a role in acne, but there are so many other things involved. What is the plan for after the antibiotics are over and you get bacteria on your skin again?

Something like the regimen is different, because it continually deals with bacteria and infections forever, without altering your internal environment.

And to answer the original question, yes I do think that the regimen can work after 5 weeks. But in my experience, it takes the regimen AND avoiding triggers to stay clear. For example, I'm really allergic to most dairy products. My skin can be clear and if I eat dairy, I will get massive cysts, no matter how long I've been doing the regimen. The same seems to go for fermented foods. Yet, I could avoid these things and still breakout if I wasn't on the regimen.

My point is, the regimen is just one important step. You have to try and figure out what your other triggers are.