Notifications
Clear all

Acne Is At The Worsest

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 03/31/2013 4:08 am

ok so i've had acne since i was 13, i'm almost 19 now. acne was a problem in high school as it was mild-moderate and it really did bother me. i tried to eat healthy plenty of times. like eating veggies, chicken, fruits everyday. however, i always end up quitting in a week or two because i always feel the need to eat something different such as biscuits or sushi from the shops. (i never eat chips, chocolate, lollies, basically the really bad, unhealthy food). whenever i eat the sushi, biscuits etc, i feel that my acne will come back again and this makes me regret eating and then sometimes some pimple do form. i feel they form because i regret eating them and i have a feeling that a pimple will form so it might - a psychological effect. i can't help but think this way because ive read too much about eating healthy etc and how eating a snack that isnt too healthy once in awhile will make me get acne again. this cycle has been repeating for 2 years lol i feel that i am not strong willed enough and that makes me quite depressed.

everywhere i go, 95% off the time, everyone has clear skin, like literally or they just wear makeup. either way this makes me quite sad about myself. i keep thinking why me? of all the ppl in the world i had to be the unlucky one to get acne etc. anyway i keep rambling on, sorry about that, i just want to express how i feel.

i tried antibiotics and they did nothing for me. i hated going to the doctors as my parents had a bad health history so they go to the hospital etc a lot. i wasted a lot of money on supplements but the only one that is helpful is zinc. i take 30mg of it a day and it helps a bit. normally, i would eat a lot of fruits, veggies and maybe some type of meat like chicken. i always take 2 tbl of coconut oil and drink freshly squeezed lemon with stevia power in the morning. when i crave for something salty i'd eat some biscuits but when i do id feel guilty etc lol also i eat rice in the evenings, im a horrible cook so i reply on my parents to cook me meals - most of what they cook are veggies but they do like adding quite a bit of sauces so thats a bit unhealthy.

ANYWAY, around 6 weeks ago i tried accutane. i took it for a week before i realised the horrible side effects. i stopped taking it as i knew i have a very very high chance of catching them as my parents had a bad health history - kidney failure, mental illness....3 weeks ago, skin was the clearest it has been and now my face looks disgusting. used to have prob 10 pimples max on face, now i have over 30. i think its because i took acctuane and 3 weeks ago, most of the oil decreased from face etc but now its back. i wish i never took acctuane but at the same time i wish i continued! i dont know what to do anymore, feeling down atm and birthday is in a weeks' time.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/31/2013 5:18 am

continue with accutane?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/31/2013 9:02 am

I don't think your parents' health history will necessarily make you more likely to get side effects from Accutane. But I can't say for sure and I understand why you wouldn't want to risk it.

Have you tried the regimen?

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 04/01/2013 4:04 am

yeah i'm really not sure where i'm heading now...no i havent tried the regimen. ive tried applying products that contained benzoyl peroxide before and it dries up my skin and it has a burning sensation so not sure if i want to try the regimen. my acne is mostly a hormonal issue and a bit of a diet problem- i believe i have allergies to certain types of food but i need more testing to confirm, can't really afford to get my allergies tested since im a student and broke lol

seeing how badly my father suffers from kidney failure, i really don't want to risk it with accutane. i mean, i might not get any serious side effects while taking acctuane but in the future, i might get some health problems and trust me, having health problems is one of the worsest things that can ever happen. it takes a lot of things away from you. i rather be healthy and have mild acne than have clear skin and suffer from future serious health problems.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 04/01/2013 1:17 pm

I have food allergies and very bad cystic hormonal acne, and the regimen works for me. Many people who felt that benzoyl peroxide failed them in the past have had a lot of success with the regimen. But you have to do it the right way. It takes time for your skin to adjust to BP and stop being red, peeling and nasty--but when it does adjust, you won't believe the improvements.

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 04/03/2013 10:16 pm

i'll consider it :)