Notifications
Clear all

Insecurity Attacks?

MemberMember
(@thechosen1)

Posted : 03/30/2013 9:51 pm

So I don't know if any of you guys get this, but I get these insecurity attacks where I just want to hide myself. It's usually when I feel a breakout coming on. At first I didn't realize what caused it, I thought it was just like if I looked in a mirror recently, but no.

Like, I'll be downtown somewhere and then I'll just become so insecure. Like I don't have the greatest confidence usually, but I'd consider it pretty high considering my acne. But when I'm getting a breakout, I just want to hide my face using anything I have. It's usually when I pick also. I just want to like teleport to my bedroom and lie there, without anyone watching me. It's the people watching me thing.

It doesn't happen consciously either, at first I didn't realize it happened when a breakout was coming on. I didn't know what caused it. So if I'm at school I'd probably start maybe using my hoodie to cover the part of my face that's breaking out. (my breakouts are always between my lips and my chin)

Ughh I'm so sick of this.

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 03/30/2013 10:51 pm

I wouldn't be so concerned about people "watching you".

There was this great line from a movie that I heard the other day...went something like "If you worry what people think about you, just know that they probably don't think about you at all."

Honestly you're probably really insignificant to most people that don't know you well. You're just part of their surroundings. Don't worry about it.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 03/31/2013 12:21 am

It's pretty normal for us to feel insceurity about our acne. I would do the same too, back in highschool on the ride home on the bus. Since we sat so dang close to each other, I (most of the time) pretended that I fell asleep with my arms over my head.

Ah, good times..

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 03/31/2013 2:27 pm

Happens to me sometimes when I catch my reflection in something when I'm out. Makes me want to drop anything and everything that I'm doing and just be alone. I never let myself do that though, I always try to carry on. Its tough because you still feel crap but that's life...