Notifications
Clear all

Solodyn And Ziana

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 03/30/2013 1:12 pm

I have been on a Solodyn, Ziana regimen for over 2 weeks (3 this coming Wednesday). I definitely noticed new spots popping up since starting the regimen but things are becoming a bit smoother now. I've gotten a few big, painful ones since starting (especially around the upper cheek and temple area), but I feel as though they should be on their way out. My acne was moderate to begin with and the Ziana has certainly caused unsightly redness at times. How long until I actually start seeing great improvements in my skin? Has anyone experienced an initial breakout that lasted over 3 weeks? This would literally be a nightmare scenario for me. I need things to get better desperately because my confidence is shot. Does anyone have any encouraging success stories?

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 03/30/2013 6:08 pm

KingofAcne, I appreciate your response. You make quite a few good points regarding confidence being contained in one's perception of self and that treatment really requires positive thinking, as well as patience. I checked out your page and, while I'm impressed that you cleared up with all natural methods, my patience is probably incomparably short. As treatments, Solodyn and Ziana have mixed reviews and I was basically inquiring as to people's success on this particular regimen. There are a few threads out there about this, but I'd like to hear others' opinions.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 03/30/2013 6:30 pm

Ive been on Solodyn for about 7 months off and on.....it did give me an inital breakout that lasted for about 2 weeks before i noticed my skin was clearing....ive stopped taking the Solodyn for about a month now and my doctor put me on a new bc called Lutera, ive been taking it for the past 2 months and im not breaking out nearly as bad. Before i was put on my new bc when i would stop taking the Solodyn i would break out after just a week or so. Im hoping the new bc will stop my break outs all together without the use of anti biotics....wishing you the best on getting clear smile.png

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 03/31/2013 1:17 pm

PinkBunny41, thanks for your response! smile.png I've been on Solodyn in the past but I never really stuck with it for long enough to actually see what it can do. I was told by a dermatologist that, initially, it's only good to take it for 2 months and then stop. I understand that sort of sentiment, but I'd much rather be clear, because acne really does affect my self-esteem a lot! I'm always told I'm good looking when I'm not breaking out and I feel that way too. When I get a semi-serious breakout, however, I lose that sort of feeling and it's crippling in social situations with the opposite sex.

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 04/09/2013 4:38 pm

Any other thoughts on or experiences with Solodyn and Ziana as treatments? It will be one month since I started the treatments yesterday and, though I'm seeing some results, it's not exactly what I want just yet. Hopefully within 2 weeks, things will really start to be more tame.