Notifications
Clear all

Itchy Face After Eating

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 03/30/2013 10:19 am

Ok this is weird and I have had this actually since my acne started, maybe 5-6 years ago. I used to eat really bad when I was a teenager but someday I started to have a weird feeling in my face after I ate anything unhealthy like chips, ice cream and even bread. And then these small bumps started to appear. Some of them are red and some skin colored and they are not really visible. I don't know if they are clogged pores or not but at least they look like them. They appear to my cheeks, chin and forehead, shoulders, chest and back. I went to a dermatologist and she said that its blackhead acne. I don't know what it is, but my diet affects it most. I also have annoying redness in chin, nose and cheek area near nose. There is only little redness when i wake up, but then it comes back no matter what I do. And topical creams only make everything worse. I have used pretty much everything from natural products to retin-a. Retin-a seems to help somewhat but is not a cure. I don't think this is rosacea because my redness only subsides after sauna and I can tolerate retin-a etc without any problems. Could this be allergy or what? And I have a cat if that affects something.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 03/31/2013 7:46 am

Ok this is weird and I have had this actually since my acne started, maybe 5-6 years ago. I used to eat really bad when I was a teenager but someday I started to have a weird feeling in my face after I ate anything unhealthy like chips, ice cream and even bread. And then these small bumps started to appear. Some of them are red and some skin colored and they are not really visible. I don't know if they are clogged pores or not but at least they look like them. They appear to my cheeks, chin and forehead, shoulders, chest and back. I went to a dermatologist and she said that its blackhead acne. I don't know what it is, but my diet affects it most. I also have annoying redness in chin, nose and cheek area near nose. There is only little redness when i wake up, but then it comes back no matter what I do. And topical creams only make everything worse. I have used pretty much everything from natural products to retin-a. Retin-a seems to help somewhat but is not a cure. I don't think this is rosacea because my redness only subsides after sauna and I can tolerate retin-a etc without any problems. Could this be allergy or what? And I have a cat if that affects something.

hello!

actually i've faced that itching thingy as well.but as far as i remember it's not always after eating anything in particular or anything unhealthy.

but sometimes a portion(very small area mostly) on my face skin itches and its scary because because i'm likely to get an acne or some bump exactly there.the itching was like a warning or lets say 'welcome note' for the problem there.although the itch lasts only for minutes but the acne would happn anyway.

although now a days it's lesser in number.

these days what i mostly face and it is kind of problematic.

what happens is sometimes a place itches and becomes red..and i have this small raised part or may be one-two bump but after a while it vanishes.poof!

it's almost like there wasn't anything at all in the 1st place.now,i always have a habit of applying bp(3%) or clingard(clindamycin phosphate - which i've started just recently) OR previouly i used to put faceclin gel(which i no more use now)...on that area whenever it itches and i see bump or redness..!

but i have a feeling the problem goes away itself not because i apply anything immediately.

the main problem being i can never show it to my doc..cause it never stays.

is urs anything similar?

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 03/31/2013 11:25 am

hello!

actually i've faced that itching thingy as well.but as far as i remember it's not always after eating anything in particular or anything unhealthy.

but sometimes a portion(very small area mostly) on my face skin itches and its scary because because i'm likely to get an acne or some bump exactly there.the itching was like a warning or lets say 'welcome note' for the problem there.although the itch lasts only for minutes but the acne would happn anyway.

although now a days it's lesser in number.

THIS!

edit: btw do you have some certain spots that itches or are they just random? I usually have it on my cheekbones, nosehead or somewhere on cheeks.

these days what i mostly face and it is kind of problematic.

what happens is sometimes a place itches and becomes red..and i have this small raised part or may be one-two bump but after a while it vanishes.poof!

it's almost like there wasn't anything at all in the 1st place.now,i always have a habit of applying bp(3%) or clingard(clindamycin phosphate - which i've started just recently) OR previouly i used to put faceclin gel(which i no more use now)...on that area whenever it itches and i see bump or redness..!

but i have a feeling the problem goes away itself not because i apply anything immediately.

the main problem being i can never show it to my doc..cause it never stays.

is urs anything similar?

Hmm for me it usually stays. I asked this from two dermatologists, other said that it's not possible and I was like WTF how if that's happening to me and the other one just talked about how blackheads are formed and I was just like OK. I have this weird feeling on my body too, not usually after eating though, just randomly. And I have noticed that it pretty much depends on what shirt I have on. I have it usually on the area around biceps or higher near shoulder and sometimes middle of the chest or somewhere on my back. Afterwards I can see some flesh colored bumps forming/formed there. Its really annoying because those bumps can increase rapidly overnight, sometimes my skin is decent and it turn to horrendous during one night. I almost never get normal zits I get only those small bumps which are red or flesh colored, usually just flesh colored. And I have huge pores!. But my face is pretty good nowadays thanks to good diet and acv toner but this redness still bothers me, it just won't leave! Only times when I have seen my redness smaller have been when I have drank lots of water or when I wake up or when I use contact lenses.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 03/31/2013 11:49 am

i do have a few spots.yes but it's not like they itch all the time.

if it itches somewhere ,whether or not the existing spots, whether around the acne prone area which are like around my nose,cheeks,forehead etc..it gets reddish and usually i have a new zit,a small bumb or just temporary raised bumps right there.

sometimes places on my arms too itch but i dont usually get zit/acne on my body.very rare.

i have tiny bumps on my upper arms(not always) which i think are kerotosis pilaria..i've noticed they are mostly prominent in winter so may be it's lack of moisturisation(mind it,am talking about my arms not face) or may be less water intake.

the bumps u have,are they milia?

i've milia on my forehead and yes,sometimes they are itchy.

but i mostly have itch before i have redness as a signal.its almost like saying there's some bacteria attack there.=)

the overnight thingy,even i have faced that.

and it was scary at some point.

like even before a few mnths,i'd get anxious everytime i'd have itch or redness for i'd surely have a zit or bump right there.

but i'm better now.

and not even application of bp or someother acne gel sometimes cant stop them.

i just had azithral-500 btw(which i was prescribed after a sudden bad attck of huge pustules and cystic acne)

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 03/31/2013 3:51 pm

i do have a few spots.yes but it's not like they itch all the time.

the bumps u have,are they milia?

Yeah sorry I didn't mean like all the time just temporarily, when you usually itch.

I'm not really sure but they could be. They pretty much vary in size but there are not any big ones only small and very smalls. But that's for sure that it's almost impossible to get rid of them.

I just read about insulin resistance: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327413-finally-clear-treating-insulin-resistance-with-paleo-cinnamon-and-minerals-with-progress-pictures/ that might be one reason for the itching. I've tried niacin, liver flush, detox, zinc, multivitamin, EPA, L-glutamine, burdock root, saw palmetto, milk thistle, b5, d-vitamin to name a few. Those have not been the cure. Im pretty sure the itching is insulin related. What about demodex? Maybe not, I don't have itching in dark.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:39 am

i have a feeling they are milia.milia can be of different types actually.

mine are mostly like a tough raised bump..looks like something under the skin.skin-coloured.and doesnt budge.

sometimes even when i apply acne-gels on them..they refuse to go even after mnths.

but there was a phase(evn about a mnth ago)...when a few bumps that i had on my face where one by one taking the form of acne and then the same process.they dint really become big cystic acne but small zits/pimples.and healed with time like they generally do.

once my dermatologist had told me that it's a common n logical process.the bumps or comedones(she said) cant go back into the skin so it's just apt that they come out.

i tried preventing a few but i noticed that nothing quite helped once they had started growing.

it was bad for a moment but i knew it's for good because then the ever-lasting bumps wont be there for lifelong.

most of them on cheeks have actually gone.

now whether it was because i've using saslic salicylic foaming face wash(i've have been using for over a mnth and started a new bottle) or just like that,i dont know.

also many bumps that used to be on my forehead have lessened in number.

consult ur derma and see if u can use salicylic face wash.

just instead of cleanser or other face wash that u use.

it also helps clean the pores and keeps the face dryer for long time.

use 1% solution and see if the thing is working for u.

which country are u from btw?

how did u know the itching is from insulin resistance anyway?

i did read sleptember's blog and see that he's addressed he's problem.but not much is written otherwise.what do u think?

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 04/01/2013 8:08 am

Hmm then its not maybe milia. They usually vanish on they own or using some products. Also they don't really look like milia, it's hard to describe but they are like raised skin and they don't raise so high as milia and are not so clear. And ususally some redness appear there where they form. Using harsh products just ruins everything and I don't like to use topicals, they are band aid solution. I don't know about the insulin but the itching comes after eating something which raises blood sugar so that would be logical if it's something insulin related. But hell, even coffee causes the itching, maybe it's circulation related then or allergy. And I'm from Finland.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/01/2013 8:52 am

coffee has sugar u see.'can u post a pic of that?

i will try to post mine too.

finland is cold right?

whats ur life or diet in particular like?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/02/2013 4:23 pm

Itching is probably histamine being released from mast cells when they lyse from an IgE reaction. As in, allergy. Especially if they don't come to a head.

I would mess around with what you eat, see if it continues. Meat, fruit, and vegetables are generally safe if you want to start there, so is fermented dairy like yogurt

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 04/05/2013 12:07 pm

Aaanabil, my diet is pretty healthy but I have sometimes these "cheat days" when I eat whatever I like for example sometimes during weekend and during parties. I don't drink milk, eat bread or anything what is usually labeled as unhealthy. Yeah Finland is cold but for some reason my acne is usually better during winter. I haven't exercised much in 6 months because I had shoulder surgery, my shoulder got displaced. Now its getting better and I've started exercising again, I think it really improves acne also. I've been really busy lately so no time or interest to take any pics. Quetzlcoatl, ok, thank you, I'll try that.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/05/2013 3:14 pm

Aaanabil, my diet is pretty healthy but I have sometimes these "cheat days" when I eat whatever I like for example sometimes during weekend and during parties. I don't drink milk, eat bread or anything what is usually labeled as unhealthy. Yeah Finland is cold but for some reason my acne is usually better during winter. I haven't exercised much in 6 months because I had shoulder surgery, my shoulder got displaced. Now its getting better and I've started exercising again, I think it really improves acne also. I've been really busy lately so no time or interest to take any pics. Quetzlcoatl, ok, thank you, I'll try that.

winter means less oily face.

my cousin has less acne during winter here (which is not as cold as finland i think).its because in summer the oil secretion and sweating is more.

have u been on accutane btw?

am very sorry to hear about ur shoulder.glad that u r getting better.

yes,exercise does help.

i dnt 'really' exercise but i dance for quite sometime everyday.

and recently am starting with yoga(may be 4 times a week).do u think dancing will help me compensate my lack of 'much' movement.am a student.am mostly sitted and stuck with papers.

but yes,i agree dancing makes me feel good..!

MemberMember
(@asker)

Posted : 04/06/2013 5:25 am

Itching can also be caused by candida. If you have candida you have itches and if you have candida overgrowth it will release toxins in your blood and they will come out through your pores. Try and check if you have candida overgrowth, at home if can be done by putting some of your saliva in a glass of water in the morning (when you wake up before you drink or eat anything), basically spit in there and then leave the glass for 5 minutes, if you see that distinct "legs" or "strings" appeared under the surface of water, then you do have candida (most people do). From what I've noticed, the more you have the more "distinct" those strings are.

Bacteria is very important in our diet, when there is too much bacteria it "tells" us what to eat, e.g. candida likes sweets, so you get sweet cravings during every meal when you cut down on sugar.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/06/2013 7:38 am

Itching can also be caused by candida. If you have candida you have itches and if you have candida overgrowth it will release toxins in your blood and they will come out through your pores. Try and check if you have candida overgrowth, at home if can be done by putting some of your saliva in a glass of water in the morning (when you wake up before you drink or eat anything), basically spit in there and then leave the glass for 5 minutes, if you see that distinct "legs" or "strings" appeared under the surface of water, then you do have candida (most people do). From what I've noticed, the more you have the more "distinct" those strings are.

Bacteria is very important in our diet, when there is too much bacteria it "tells" us what to eat, e.g. candida likes sweets, so you get sweet cravings during every meal when you cut down on sugar.

i will positively do the saliva test.but even with or without knowing is it okay to take measures against it?

today i woke up and suddenly i have these tiny lil' whiteheads(sharp looking) on my cheeks.

am not sure how and why on earth i got then suddenly.

i've been following the same routine i follow except for

#2 days ago i had one indian sweet(which is like 2 bites of cake,really),

#for about 4-5 days i've having yoghurt in fruit salad.(i had tested for yoghurt before.i had stopped having yoghurt for about a mnth and then had it twice a day for 2-3 days...no,i dint have zits then. keeping that in mind i've started yoghurt...am not sure if that's the problem.)

#i had chicken curry(not much) for lunch yesterday.

#chewing on cinnamon sticks for 2 days now.

please suggest?

aana

MemberMember
(@asker)

Posted : 04/06/2013 7:50 am

i will positively do the saliva test.but even with or without knowing is it okay to take measures against it?

today i woke up and suddenly i have these tiny lil' whiteheads(sharp looking) on my cheeks.

#for about 4-5 days i've having yoghurt in fruit salad.(i had tested for yoghurt before.i had stopped having yoghurt for about a mnth and then had it twice a day for 2-3 days...no,i dint have zits then. keeping that in mind i've started yoghurt...am not sure if that's the problem.)

please suggest?

aana

Aana, i'm not an expert but the source I used and what I've tried has proven that to get results, you have to cut any additional sugars out of your diet for a month at least. By additional I mean anything that comes on top of your vegetables and fruits. The source actually told that any sugars should be cut out for bacteria to die.

I've taken many extra measures such as coconut oil daily intake, garlic daily intake to kill candida and left some sugars (banana during breakfast and pumpkin in other meals). Those are the least possible amount I can consume.

Keep in mind though that you might feel fatigue, nausea due to bacteria will die massively during the first 1-2 days of no-sugar. After that you'll probably break out as the dead bacteria produces toxins, but after that break out things will go for better. Oh and sweet cravings after meals will happen too. That's how it happened to me. But I must say no extra sugar and coconut oil is my way. I used to eat a piece of pie or a sweet with tea with every meal back in the day :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/06/2013 8:07 am

please suggest?

aana

Aana, i'm not an expert but the source I used and what I've tried has proven that to get results, you have to cut any additional sugars out of your diet for a month at least. By additional I mean anything that comes on top of your vegetables and fruits. The source actually told that any sugars should be cut out for bacteria to die.

I've taken many extra measures such as coconut oil daily intake, garlic daily intake to kill candida and left some sugars (banana during breakfast and pumpkin in other meals). Those are the least possible amount I can consume.

Keep in mind though that you might feel fatigue, nausea due to bacteria will die massively during the first 1-2 days of no-sugar. After that you'll probably break out as the dead bacteria produces toxins, but after that break out things will go for better. Oh and sweet cravings after meals will happen too. That's how it happened to me. But I must say no extra sugar and coconut oil is my way. I used to eat a piece of pie or a sweet with tea with every meal back in the day smile.png

actually am not really having any big zits at the moment.

just very small whiteheads and once in a while i have what i can call is small zit.

i will try to have coconut oil.are u talking about oil pulling with coconut oil or just having it?

(any oil would or just coconut oil.am asking this because i have extra virgin olive oil.

now,virgin coconut oil is not very common here.we get these coconut oil which people use as body oil...and am not sure thats meant for drinking)

now,i usually dnt have sweet.i never had a sweet tooth and i dnt like like anything too sweet.

but may be after 2 mnths i have one indian sweet.sometimes just a bite.

otherwise no cake or anything dessert-y for me.

having said that i do have lil' sugar(refined ones.very very less) in curries or gravies that are home made.i am an indian and we have sabzi or curries.now my mother sort of uses about a tbsp of sugar in a few curries made for 3 member family.)

i also have fruits (black grapes,papaya,apple,cucumber) not too much though.

i live with my parents and its difficult to just omit sugar completely.for my mum cooks.

i dnt see any other way.

so i think i should definitely try the saliva test.

aana

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 04/06/2013 10:58 am

I took some pictures:
Redness is not because of dryness, I have used all kinds of moisturizers, redness won't go away.
I will do that saliva test. I've always been thinking about candida but I haven't been sure.
MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/06/2013 12:19 pm

I took some pictures:
Redness is not because of dryness, I have used all kinds of moisturizers, redness won't go away.
I will do that saliva test. I've always been thinking about candida but I haven't been sure.

i think u have extremely oily skin(atleast on ur face).

i think a weak salicylic face wash will help.

my sister has oily skin and she used an indian brand which helped her take care of that.

my derma prescribed me saslic.

i understand that u're worried abt harsh chemicals n meds but mate sometimes u just need medical help.

and no am not saying this because am a med student..but because i think meds have helped me.=)

do u visit a derma?

if u do,then please ask her abt a wash.

i'd never recommend using bp all over ur face..because its drying and harsh..it kinda ,makes ur darker.

but spot treatment should be okay.

btw,u were right those aint milia.

i think they are acne of small size.what do u think?

could tell me ur skin care routine?

do u wash ur face often?

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 04/07/2013 3:31 am

I've washed my face once a day when I shower. My face hasn't been usually that oily though. I started to wash my face 2 times a day and use zinc pyrithione wash with acv toner. I think that dried it too much. I've started to wash it once a day again and the oiliness has reduced. But yeah, my skin is oily. I've been thinking about getting BHA toner. I don't believe BHA wash is as good because it should stay in your face a while to get the best results.

I use very mild face wash, no SLS or anything. Does the job and doesn't dry my face out. I use light oilfree moisturizer, sometimes grapesseed oil. I just bought neem oil few days ago, Im now trying that. Im also using acv toner 50/50 with water every other day.

I did the saliva test. I got some strings, about 1cm long in that 5min. But I accidentally shaked the glass a bit and they got huge like 5cm long. I have a sweet tooth, Im always craving for something sweet. And I want to eat all the time and I don't get fat whatever and how much I eat. I also have bad memory and little brain fog. Maybe it's candida then? Is there any other ways to cure it than being 1 month without extra sugar, that sounds impossible. What about intermittent fasting, would that help?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/07/2013 10:04 am

I've washed my face once a day when I shower. My face hasn't been usually that oily though. I started to wash my face 2 times a day and use zinc pyrithione wash with acv toner. I think that dried it too much. I've started to wash it once a day again and the oiliness has reduced. But yeah, my skin is oily. I've been thinking about getting BHA toner. I don't believe BHA wash is as good because it should stay in your face a while to get the best results.

I use very mild face wash, no SLS or anything. Does the job and doesn't dry my face out. I use light oilfree moisturizer, sometimes grapesseed oil. I just bought neem oil few days ago, Im now trying that. Im also using acv toner 50/50 with water every other day.

I did the saliva test. I got some strings, about 1cm long in that 5min. But I accidentally shaked the glass a bit and they got huge like 5cm long. I have a sweet tooth, Im always craving for something sweet. And I want to eat all the time and I don't get fat whatever and how much I eat. I also have bad memory and little brain fog. Maybe it's candida then? Is there any other ways to cure it than being 1 month without extra sugar, that sounds impossible. What about intermittent fasting, would that help?

http://makeupandbeauty.com/saslic-saslic-ds-face-wash-review/

check this.

the 1% one has helped me.it was prescribed to me by my derma.but since u say ur cleanser is doing well too..u can stick to it.

it all depends on whether or not it goes with ur skin.=)

i dnt use a toner.i feel toners have chemicals and since i can keep things clean and pores clear with a wash.i dnt do use one.

as for ur diet and habits,that could be candida?

may be a lil'.but someone told me to wait for an hour maxm to see the result.

could u please tell me what ur diet is like?

u can see mine on my blog.and see if they are any similar.

also i think u need to somehow practice moderating ur hunger pangs and cravings.

that can be done witha healthy diet n some habits.

do u take cinnamon?

do u take lemon water?

i understand that no sugar(at all) is problem.same for me.because i live with my parents and we all have the same food.

but i dnt usually have sweets or desserts.just lil' sugar as added in curries etc.

i'll do a lil' more search on candida.

am planning to do the saliva test tmrw.although my symptoms are not very prominent.(i dnt like too sweet stuff,i dnt have cravings as such)

mean time,u give me ur diet n lifestyle ways?

aana

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 04/08/2013 4:47 am

I don't take cinnamon, I've heard it can be toxic. No, I don't take lemon water either, I don't have very good teeth. I explained my diet earlier. But I'll take a challenge to minimize my sugar intake for 30 days. There are no downsides so why not. Let's see what happens.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/08/2013 4:56 am

I don't take cinnamon, I've heard it can be toxic. No, I don't take lemon water either, I don't have very good teeth. I explained my diet earlier. But I'll take a challenge to minimize my sugar intake for 30 days. There are no downsides so why not. Let's see what happens.

why do u think cinnamon is toxic?

could u send me the link of where u've found that?

that'd be helpful.=)

aana

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/08/2013 8:07 pm

Cinnamon can be toxic in high doses, as can everything else. It also brings down your blood sugar, so I would avoid it if you're already hypoglycemic.

MemberMember
(@vyrez)

Posted : 04/15/2013 9:16 am

I did some research and found out candida is pretty much BS. But the paleo diet definetily isn't and im going to continue it. I came across this adrenal fatigue thing and Im not sure about that. Symptoms are spot on and my life has been really stressful pretty much all my life after childhood. I also read that itching face might also be a symptom of adrenal fatigue. I used to eat really unhealthy also. Maybe that might be it, hard to say but it can be treated with paleo diet also. So im killing to birds with one stone. I bought good multivitamin and glutathione which is a strong antioxidant. Alongside them Im going to take 1g C vitamin with 30mg zinc, spirulina, milk thistle, burdock root, licorice root (short time), B5, B3 and pau d arco and caprylic acid which I bought for candida. But damn, the thing I would like to know most is why my face is itching/tingling after eating unhealthy foods, other mystery is why my lips become red after eating. I cant be allergic to everything! My lips become red even when eating just salad and drinking water. Maybe my lips are just inflamed because I drink hot tea about 4-5 times per day or they become red because of dryness. And I don't know what are the small bumps in my face and why I have redness! I took two new pics, they show pretty good what kind of bumps I have.

http://postimg.org/image/yroi5u0tj/

http://postimg.org/image/e3m1hlhgp/

Edit: what about demodex? I have a cat and demodex causes itching. I also have zz cream which I bought for demodex about half a year ago, it helped but I was afraid to use it. I also have zinc pyrithione soap which I've been using for my body, it seems to help.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/15/2013 2:05 pm

post-200657-0-15128300-1366052520.jpg
post-200657-0-74002600-1366052512.jpg
post-200657-0-05521100-1364462516_thumb.

((((sorry about the lightning.i took in a trial room.lol.i just had sudden itch and bang!saw these bad ones on the mirror))))

here.do u think urs are similar?

i'll search some more and come back.

aana

post-200657-0-05521100-1364462516_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/17/2013 12:39 am

Vyrez, do those bumps have anything in them?

Vyrez and aanabill, if you think it's food sensitivity, I would highly recommend colostrum. I haven't posted about it yet because I've only been off of it for about 4 days after 3 weeks of taking 1 gram 2x daily. But it seems like it has essentially cured my chest acne. I don't yet know if it's permanent. What I do know is that I ate 4 bags of sun chips yesterday and today and got no reaction. Oh, and 2 big slices of greasy pizza. Usually I get 6-15 red spots on my chest after 4-8 hours after eating wheat (and to a lesser extent, many other foods). These would turn into pustules if I continued to eat wheat for several days.

My chest acne was mild, though, and I still have 2 very faint very small red spots in the middle of my chest. I think I would be able to gain more of a benefit from taking it longer, and I will go through another bottle in the near future.

If you think these spots are being caused by leaky gut/food sensitivities, colostrum might be worth trying. Be careful about brands, though. Immune Tree is the best, I've heard, and is the only certified brand (by Cornell University). I used Jarrow Formulas with success.

Also, I got more acne on my face only when I started taking it. Colostrum has lots of IGF-1 (growth factor), so I would expect some sort of breakout. It happened within 4 hours of the first dose for me, and I continued getting spots on my forehead in particular for most of the treatments. No more after I stopped, though, so I guess it's a little bit of short term pain for long term gain.

If it doesn't work, you can probably rule out leaky gut/food sensitivity. Another way of testing for the food sensitivity part is to see if you clear up a little when doing a highly restrictive diet. I did the SCD diet for 2 weeks over the summer and my chest was perfect. The day after I started eating wheat, I started getting spots again.

Also, I think it's important to note that I was eating whatever I wanted starting a week into the colostrum treatment, although I did try to limit the wheat to manageable quantities to minimize potential adverse reactions. But I've had pizza, burritos, cake, pie, chips, ice cream, all the garbage I felt like eating. I did experience slight reactions during the first 2 weeks. I think this was an important step in training my immune system - the immunoglobulins in the colostrum may have interacted with leukocytes or wheat antigens and mediated the response so that hypersensitivity reactions wouldn't occur. As in, I think it's important to eat the foods you are sensitive to while taking colostrum. I took 1 gram of colostrum in the morning before food (and waited 30+ minutes until eating), and took another 1 gram sometimes directly after a large meal consisting of many foods I was sensitive to, and sometimes right before going to bed.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. Try it if you think your condition might match what I described. (Also the spots almost always itched upon formation after eating, signifying IgE-mediated reaction maybe). Hope this helps