Notifications
Clear all

Indulgence Once In A While And In Very Small Amount-Bad Or Okay?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 03/29/2013 10:41 am

Hello friends!!

i wanted to know that whether indulging (very lil') once in a while is alright for acne prone skin(or someone who has acne..less or more) ??

i'm not too bad at the moment.and i lead a healthy life of late..atleast for a few months i am.

i dont eat out.have home cooked food that has very less oil and spice.

i don't like sweet..so except for some curries(yes,am indian) or vegetable dishes with requires very lil' sugar(about a tbspn for the curry made for a family of 2-3).

i do have white rice for lunch but very less.(and i dont think thats a problem for me *blessed*)

i dont have refined flour and its items like normal biscuits,bread etc,

i do have digestive biscuits.may be about two in two days or so.i prefer having whole grain bread sometimes.((and NO, i dont think i will omit grain,pulses etc completely from my diet.thats not a plausible idea in my household.plus body neads carb in right amount.i eat balanced diet.i eat lots of fruits and water as well.

NOW, CAN I EAT DEEP FRIED OR OILY FOOD(VERY LIL') LIKE A SAMOSA OR 2 PURIS(INDIAN SNACK..THEY AINT AS HUGE IN SIZE AS MOST SNACKS ARE)?ONLY IN ABOUT LIKE ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH?

OR A SWEET(NOT A WHOLE FULL DESSERT DISH)..JUST A SWEET OR LADDOO(THATS LIKE TWO BITES OF A CAKE MAY BE.)???

DOES IT REALLY MATTER?

I HAVE HAD SUCH INDULGENCE ONCE IN A WHILE AND I DONT THINK IT HAS EFFECTED MY SKIN MUCH?

STILL I WOULD LIKE HEAR YOUR EXPERIENCES AND VIEWS?

PLEASE CARE TO REPLY.=)

Luck,

aana

for friends who are not Indian.lol!

post-200657-0-75849000-1364571481.jpgpost-200657-0-91197800-1364571495.jpgpost-200657-0-85223000-1364571639.jpg

post-200657-0-75849000-1364571481.jpg

post-200657-0-91197800-1364571495.jpg

post-200657-0-85223000-1364571639.jpg

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/29/2013 4:41 pm

Do what works for you.

Personally, I consider refined sugar, gluten, or dairy poison for my body so I can never indulge in them, but I do occasionally (maybe once a month or even less often) eat other foods that are not part of my diet plan. Like tonight, for example: I went on a date and had beef and potatoes cooked in vegetable oil and refined salt - things I don't eat normally eat. It's all good, no big deal.

aanabill, I like that you seem focused on being healthy and eating properly. Good for you and keep it up! Go ahead and indulge once in a while - life is for living.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/29/2013 4:46 pm

I indulge all the time I just mostly eat very well. And it's never all or nothing. Little in life is. You just have to weigh the consequences of what you choose to do. If you are really intolerant to something you should avoid it. But otherwise, don't worry so much.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:04 pm

what exact diet do you follow to avoid acne?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 03/31/2013 11:35 am

Even God rested on the seventh day. Even the most successful people waste a litle time now and then.

It's only human, and it's how we function. We aren't perfect.. but we try out hardest to be. And thats ok!

I say yes and no.

Yes - as in if your are going to do it, then plan ahead and stick with that plan. Make a day that you will fully induldge yourself with the finer (and perhaps greasier) pleasures of life, and see to it. Just make sure that on the 23rd hour and 59th minute of that day, your planning to go back to your old schedule.

Because if you don't.. you'll most likely let yourself get away with eating more greasy foods, even though internally your saying you wont.

In a nutshell: Yes, go ahead, relax for a day and feel free. Just make sure it's only 1 or 2 days out of your 7 day week and you allow no exceptions.

Wishing you luck - The king of acne.

hello

TheKingofAcne!

i agree with what u've said.

actually i dont really indulge every week..unless u consider having simple white rice or one digestive biscuit !

(yes,am an indian that too from Bengal..rice is my staple diet.although i have it in small amount just in lunch..but i do it everyday.like i'd said earlier it's not possible for me to stop that for as it is am trying to gain a lil' wait..plus my mum would probably lose her head in rage =p)

some say total-no to any form of carb,which according to me is not right.

i eat balanced diet which included white rice(in small amount),roti(whole grain wheat),fruits(papaya,black/green grapes,apples,cucumber etc - i dnt care much about the sugar content here),fish(almost regularly - although salmon,tuna isnt common here but there's a wide range of fish here in bengal),chicken once in abt a week or two. etc

and i follow the above diet regularly.indulge very lil' may be a snack size or so about once or twice a month,

am sorry for the long post.

just making myself clear to u.=)

Do what works for you.

Personally, I consider refined sugar, gluten, or dairy poison for my body so I can never indulge in them, but I do occasionally (maybe once a month or even less often) eat other foods that are not part of my diet plan. Like tonight, for example: I went on a date and had beef and potatoes cooked in vegetable oil and refined salt - things I don't eat normally eat. It's all good, no big deal.

aanabill, I like that you seem focused on being healthy and eating properly. Good for you and keep it up! Go ahead and indulge once in a while - life is for living.

hello mate!

since am an indian..most curries or dishes has a lil' bit of sugar added but just as seasoning.so yes even home cooked main dishes have refine sugar.but that would be about 1 tbspn in a day.lol!

i'd stopped yoghurt(only dairy product i was regular with) and while i was restricting i broke out (two spots,which also happened to be before by periods though!).

after about a mnth,i had youghurt(simple home made one) twice a day for two days but nothing happened.

so i dont think it effects me much.

infact,i feel even carbs dont effect nor does small about of spicy food.

one prove is in my teenage years when i had junk i never had a single pimple.

it started when i was about 19/20 when i was in a bad phase and was depressed on and off.

but,i have decided to have a healthy life from now on..for overall benefit..to keep my body,mind and soul healthy and happy.=)

i eat balanced diet.including fruits like grapes or wheat and carb(white rice,whole grain roti or bread)

i avoid refined goods and aerated frink,ice-cream etc

but thats mostly because they are both bad for acne and my health..and i dnt mean to eat them even if i am clear.=)

i've noticed healthy life has a positive effect not only on ur body but also ur mind and soul.

=)

so,how's ur life?

btw,i had stopped yoga about mnths ago.i am hoping to start tommrw onwards.=)

I indulge all the time I just mostly eat very well. And it's never all or nothing. Little in life is. You just have to weigh the consequences of what you choose to do. If you are really intolerant to something you should avoid it. But otherwise, don't worry so much.

hello!

i dont think am particularly allergic or intolerant to any food item.but i dont wanna take ant risk and i avoid peanuts.

i've had cashews and no they havent broken me out.

in fact,i somehow feel a healthy diet is good for the overall health not just my skin..for me atleast.and thats why i try living healthy.not just for acne.

i indulge about once or twice a mnth in a true way of indulging.

beside that i eat a balanced diet(like i've mentioned earlier to other mates here.=)

i eat carb and yogurt (white rice,brown bread,roti ,digestive biscuits and home made curd).

i avoid sugar cause i dnt like sweet much.

but u see indian curries too has sugar as seasoning.(like i've said before) so that's that.=)

p.s i've read several posts of urs.

sometimes i dont agree ,most of te times i do.=)

but i appreciate ur effort.i really like the fact that u're giving out as much as u can and more just so others can be clear too.

cheers!wub.png

what exact diet do you follow to avoid acne?

hello!

like i've mentioned earlier i try to eat and live healthy for my over all health.

to keep my body,mind and soul healthy and happy.stress-free would also be the word!=)

i eat fruits like papaya,cucumber,apple,green/black grapes etc

i eat whole grain wheat(roti/chapati - oil free flat bread which is a indian staple),white rice, curry of vegetables and fish,whole grain brown bread,eggs.

i also try to have something bitter like neem leaves fry or bitter gourd(boiled and mashed)..not as a side dish but just a lil' before my lunch.

i have dal(pulses) and sauteed vegetables too(capsicum,carrots,beans,cabbage, etc etc)

lots of water and i have been on supplements for a mnth now.(zevit - multivitamin capsules).

i haven't been eating yoghurt a mnth now but i just had it a few days ago (twice a day for two days) and it dint effect me.so may be i'll yoghurt now.

(i have the simple home made curd which is unsweetened..so i use it to make a fruits salad .like a dressing...that way i wont need extra sugar or jaggery!)

another thing, i have a cup of warm water with more or less half a lemon in it 1st thing in the morning.

10-15mins later i have my breakfast.

u dont really need my exact chart,do u?

how's ur diet?

let me know.

luck.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/31/2013 8:41 pm

how bad is/was your acne?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/01/2013 9:05 am

how bad is/was your acne?

i've had phases u know.

like there was a time when i was clear (in my teen years) when i had junk food only.but i was clear and had almost perfect skin.

i only got a few blackheads or whiteheads here n there.and may be a pimple in mnths.

i started getting pimples when i was 17-18.initially it was nt that bad.i just had a few on my cheeks or one-two elsewhere.

but then there was a sudden attack it was very bad..

then i took cnn100 plus ointment and i was better..

after a some mnths i again had an attack.i think it's mostly for stress and also i hardly took care of my skin.

i mean i remember a period when i hadnt used face wash for abt a mnth at a stretch.i was so busy and unfocussed.

then it was on and off.all over my face but specially cheeks and forehead.

a mnth ago i had huge cystic acne.about 4-5 of them.the kind i'd never had.with pus and swelling but thankfully on sides of my face and one on forehead.

over all i wont say it was very very bad.i've seen some pictures here and some are facing much more than i have.i feel so sorry for them.'

but mine was BAD.

my cheeks were all spotty and so was my forehead.i still have spots.

how's urs?

whats ur status now?

*Moderator edit*

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/01/2013 9:07 pm

Mine is pretty bad on body. Sucks so much that I have to deal with this... I am also of indian descent btw.

When you developed those cysts, do you remember what you were eating on a daily basis, and also what your stress levels were like?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 04/01/2013 9:22 pm

Just don't think about it and you'll be fine. I'm not even kidding.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/02/2013 12:57 pm

Mine is pretty bad on body. Sucks so much that I have to deal with this... I am also of indian descent btw.

When you developed those cysts, do you remember what you were eating on a daily basis, and also what your stress levels were like?

okay.=)

no,i dont remember anything in particular..but then my mum had suspected that may be it was from the new face wash i was using for almst two weeks then.

i was prescribed saslic salicylic foaming face wash then.

am not sure.

although doc said that these acne would have anyway happened ...the face wash may make it happn faster but its not the absolute cause.

i've been using the same wash for abt 40 days now.

n its not bad.=)

i wasnt extremely stressed..i dnt know!

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 04/04/2013 2:51 pm

I only started occasionally indulging after about 6 months of eating really clean, and clearing up completely.