Notifications
Clear all

Breast Feeding + Acne

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/29/2013 3:38 am

Check out this study showing the countries that have the highest rates of breast-feeding: http://ourtimes.wordpress.com/2008/09/09/world-breastfeeding-league-table/

Pretty sure acne is nearly non-existent in most of these third world countries

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/29/2013 4:31 pm

13% for US for 6 months. Hm. That's kind of sad. And absolutely 100% contributes to the acne problem.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:00 pm

Great article. Right on target with that one.

I've been making the same claims and observations about acne in poorer parts of the world daily. And though I have nothing solid on the topic (as of yet) Im planning to release a thesis explaining the paradox.

Basically the lifestyle of the third world person differs from that of us Americans in categories.

1) Diet (biggest Difference)

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

In most third world countries, there are no piazza shops on every corner, 24 hour liqour stores, or all you can eat buffets. (unless you go to the tourist spots)

Manual labor is abundant. Most of the poorer citizens spend thier day's working outside in the harsh sun. They lift, pull, tug, play, and generally make the most of thier environment. They even eat from it...

It's all about environment people. It's no coincidence that acne doesn't exist in the third world environment. Heck thier are no coincidences in life! Just cause and effect.

Thanks for the food for thought.

- The king of acne.

You make valid points, but I think the reason why some of us get acne in westernized nations is because of not being properly breast fed.

Have you treated/cured your acne btw?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/30/2013 1:35 am

how do you manage your acne?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/30/2013 10:03 am

Yes. I was breast fed. My parents didn't have money to spare and my mother didn't work until later. And I'm fairly sure my parents were as well as i dont think they had money either what with a depression and all. And my father and his mother had acne. I believe my grandmother grew out of it as she gave me the advice she was given about cleaning her face with a brush and getting her flapper hair off her face. Apparently those things 'worked' for her. My father never did, although I suspect that the acne he got at the end was really rosacea and the same citrus intolerance I got.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/30/2013 10:18 am

I was breast fed and have suffered with absolutely horrible acne, other skin problems and general health problems my entire life. I don't think there is a connection.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/30/2013 12:39 pm

I was breast fed and have suffered with absolutely horrible acne, other skin problems and general health problems my entire life. I don't think there is a connection.

Wait just a minute deja, was your mom breast fed?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/30/2013 4:41 pm

Wait just a minute deja, was your mom breast fed?

Yeah both my parents were. I'm not sure about my Grandparents on either side, but I imagine they were too. They all came from poor families and it wouldn't have made much sense for them to buy formula when they had baby food for free. But I'm not 100 percent sure.

MemberMember
(@foreverbold)

Posted : 03/30/2013 8:31 pm

I've been making the same claims and observations about acne in poorer parts of the world daily. And though I have nothing solid on the topic (as of yet) Im planning to release a thesis explaining the paradox.

Basically the lifestyle of the third world person differs from that of us Americans in categories.

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

In most third world countries, there are no piazza shops on every corner, 24 hour liqour stores, or all you can eat buffets. (unless you go to the tourist spots)

Manual labor is abundant. Most of the poorer citizens spend thier day's working outside in the harsh sun. They lift, pull, tug, play, and generally make the most of thier environment. They even eat from it...

It's all about environment people. It's no coincidence that acne doesn't exist in the third world environment. Heck thier are no coincidences in life! Just cause and effect.

- The king of acne.

Why assume everyone is American here? we're all from different parts of the world on the website and we're all experiencing acne to some degree. The "American diet" is irrelevant.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/31/2013 3:53 am

2) Sun Exposure

3) Excercise

- The king of acne.

Why assume everyone is American here? we're all from different parts of the world on the website and we're all experiencing acne to some degree. The "American diet" is irrelevant.

True, but the american diet probably causes much more severe acne, i presume

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/31/2013 7:36 pm

And the American diet isn't just in America. And our definition of it can be overlayed onto many other diets with similar features. People just have an easier time visualizing the American diet