Just Started The Re...

Notifications
Clear all

Just Started The Regimen

MemberMember
(@michelle-moore)

Posted : 03/28/2013 10:53 pm

So I had a great friend who had got me the Regimen Kit, it took me about a month to start using the Regimen, due to the fact I was scared of having a product "backfire". Like Proactive or the pill for severe acne, Accutane. With enough courage after doing enough research due to O.C.D, I brought myself to start the Regimen. Right now it will be a week, I started off with BP only once a day for 3 days and then started twice a day, to see how my face will react to the BP and the small amount I'm starting off with.

So... The redness, dryness, etc. I'm not having any problems right now with using the BP twice a day for now a week. My skin is smooth and soft and I haven't seen yet any resurfacing acne, especially around my cheeks and forehead.

Just the scars here and there from recent before acne and excessive picking (guilty), so I was wondering since I'm not getting the redness and dryness, does it mean that it isn't working? Or that my face is already use to the small amount of BP I'm using (based on the video directions of Dan).

Also, when I put on the BP, while my skin is absorbing, my skin starts to feel tight just a bit and that's it, and of course then I use the Moisturizer and I'm done for the Regimen.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:21 pm

So I had a great friend who had got me the Regimen Kit, it took me about a month to start using the Regimen, due to the fact I was scared of having a product "backfire". Like Proactive or the pill for severe acne, Accutane. With enough courage after doing enough research due to O.C.D, I brought myself to start the Regimen. Right now it will be a week, I started off with BP only once a day for 3 days and then started twice a day, to see how my face will react to the BP and the small amount I'm starting off with.

So... The redness, dryness, etc. I'm not having any problems right now with using the BP twice a day for now a week. My skin is smooth and soft and I haven't seen yet any resurfacing acne, especially around my cheeks and forehead.

Just the scars here and there from recent before acne and excessive picking (guilty), so I was wondering since I'm not getting the redness and dryness, does it mean that it isn't working? Or that my face is already use to the small amount of BP I'm using (based on the video directions of Dan).

Also, when I put on the BP, while my skin is absorbing, my skin starts to feel tight just a bit and that's it, and of course then I use the Moisturizer and I'm done for the Regimen.

For me the redness and drying didn't come until about the 2nd week. It sort of just hits you. Your skin will feel so dry and it ended up being painful when I had to put on moisturizer and sunscreen. Just really start out slow with the BP. That is the best advice I can give you. Always have moisturizer handy when you are out because the flaking can get pretty bad.

After a month you can start to incorporate AHA if you want. It really helps with the flaking and the dryness.

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 03/29/2013 7:49 am

If you passed 2 weeks on Regimen without getting red faced does it mean it is still to come?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/29/2013 7:55 am

If you passed 2 weeks on Regimen without getting red faced does it mean it is still to come?

Some people are lucky enough not to pass that phase. They do the BP very slowly and their skin isn't that sensitive, but for the most part, a lot of people do experience the side effects of BP.

MemberMember
(@d90)

Posted : 03/29/2013 6:16 pm

Sorry bit off topic but Is there any point in doing the regimen if you are on a course on antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/29/2013 7:41 pm

Sorry bit off topic but Is there any point in doing the regimen if you are on a course on antibiotics?

I believe being on antibiotics plus the regimen speeds up the acne eliminating process. But you can't be on antibiotics forever and from my experience with it, the acne almost always comes back after a few months being off it. So, it would be good to still keep up with the regimen after the antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:34 pm

I believe being on antibiotics plus the regimen speeds up the acne eliminating process. But you can't be on antibiotics forever and from my experience with it, the acne almost always comes back after a few months being off it. So, it would be good to still keep up with the regimen after the antibiotics.

Great answer. I am on a 3 month course of low dose doxy and am very scared to get off it so hopefully the regimen will do its magic.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:39 pm

Great answer. I am on a 3 month course of low dose doxy and am very scared to get off it so hopefully the regimen will do its magic.

Has the medication helped your acne? Are you on the regimen already?

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/29/2013 10:27 pm

The doxy has stopped some pimples from coming, I do notice less but it's not really much of an improvement. I am on 50mg a day but I was prescribed 100mg a day for the first two weeks. It helped quite a bit and when I went to 50mg I broke out heaps and still am. I am also on Estelle (cheap brand of Diane).. I was on it when I suffered teen acne with success.

In the past month of taking doxy I would say it's improved 30%. I have had a few side effects though including sun sensitivity and some other embarrassing stuff eusa_doh.gif . I have been on the regimen for 3 days now and am only apply BP at night in a very small amount to my affected area. It seems to be improving quite a bit, but I am still getting pimples daily.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/29/2013 10:34 pm

Has the medication helped your acne? Are you on the regimen already?

The doxy has stopped some pimples from coming, I do notice less but it's not really much of an improvement. I am on 50mg a day but I was prescribed 100mg a day for the first two weeks. It helped quite a bit and when I went to 50mg I broke out heaps and still am. I am also on Estelle (cheap brand of Diane).. I was on it when I suffered teen acne with success.

In the past month of taking doxy I would say it's improved 30%. I have had a few side effects though including sun sensitivity and some other embarrassing stuff eusa_doh.gif . I have been on the regimen for 3 days now and am only apply BP at night in a very small amount to my affected area. It seems to be improving quite a bit, but I am still getting pimples daily.

I was on 100mg a day of minocycline for 3 months along with spiro and birth control. It totally cleared me for about 10 months. Acne came back though and it wasn't was bad as before because I was still on the pills. But ever since that time I haven't been clear until I started the regimen. I just get a spot or two during that time of the month, but nothing big. Good luck with the regimen, it has worked really well for me. :)

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/30/2013 1:52 am

Yeah I was a little hesitant when the doctor prescribed me antibiotics as soon as she looked at my acne.. I was just there to get my old contraceptive back. She told me it'll take 3 months for my body to get used to the new pill and she gave me doxy until it does. I think it's a quick fix... I am worried to go off it.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 03/30/2013 5:29 pm

Trust me, you'll know that it's working when the dryness hits you the second week. My first week I didn't get any dryness and was so happy because I thought I wasn't going to get any.....I was wrong. Still have dryness problems to this day and I'm at a little over 2 1/2 months.