Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Remove Your Makeup?

MemberMember
(@portofmorrow)

Posted : 03/28/2013 10:13 pm

What makeup products (type and brand) do you wear, and how do you remove it all?

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:17 pm

I wear loreal true match foundation with covergirl sensitive skin pressed powder. For my spots I use a cheapy drug store stick concealer with tea tree oil in it.

It does the job, but I am looking into getting a new foundation. To remove my make up, I use derma intensive fragrance free wipes, they are $2 at my grocery store.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 04/01/2013 5:35 pm

Mascara - 100% pure's mascara. freak amazing. before this brand, I was using L'oreal carbon black and that was AMAZING... but I wanted a more natural product.

Eyeliner - Revlon i think? i forget

Lipstick - MAC lipsticks only. $14.00 a pop! but sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it.

Foundation - used to wear bare minerals but it broke me out so I haven't worn foundation in a LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME. have ordered earth's beauty mineral foundation so i will see how that goes....

How I remove my makeup: OIL... I will use castor oil, almond oil, or olive oil to wipe it off. Then rinse with water.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/03/2013 9:10 am

I usually use bare minerals from bare essentuals and I simply clease with my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleaser.If I had dry skin durring that day for some reason I use bio oil and it comes off beautifully.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/04/2013 10:23 pm

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin

Concealer for acne or red marks: Mac Studio Finish

Concealer for undereyes: Revlon Spa Age Defying Corrector

Pressed Powder: Mac Select Sheer

My make-up is pretty light, so I just use my Cetaphil Daily Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin. During those times when I need a lot of make-up I use facial wipes from The Face Shop. If I run out of those, I use jojoba oil on a cotton pad to wipe it of.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/11/2013 10:23 pm

I wear Smashbox BB cream, Cover Girl or Physician's Formula liquid eyeliner pen and Cover Girl mascara. I take it all off with Clean& Clear facial cleasing wipes.

MemberMember
(@lionheart88)

Posted : 04/14/2013 2:17 pm

I usually use bare minerals but have just bought bourjois healthy mix foundation. To remove (and cleanse my face at the same time) I lather up with the body shop tea tree oil facial cleanser, rinse, then use a simple cleansing milk to remove all traces of make up and other grime, once my face is totally clean I rinse again with lukewarm water, pat dry and apply body shop tea tree oil toner with a cotton pad, once that's dry I apply my duac gel, if my skin is dry I will also moisturise.

MemberMember
(@myadultacnecure)

Posted : 05/11/2013 1:35 pm

I use Maybeline BB creams and Loreal foundation, and random powders sometimes. I also use blush and mascara.

I use two face washes to wash my face because I realized that my makeup wasn't coming off all the way =O

I first use either an acne face wash (Acnes brand) and then Shiseido white lucent foaming cleanser or vice versa :]

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/11/2013 7:16 pm

I've been using clinique superbalanced or cargo's tinted moisturizer and philsophy's purity mineral oil-free cleansing oil. works really well at getting all makeup off.

MemberMember
(@forquestions)

Posted : 05/11/2013 7:48 pm

I use:

Makeup Forever HD foundation ( only on a few red spots, never all over my face. I put this foundation on about 2% of my face just with my finger. I use it more as a concealer. )

Some Drugstore covergirl pressed powder my grandmother got me

I also use a highlighting powder under my eyes and light blush from BH cosmetics

Drugstore mascara

To take this off I just use oats as a cleanser. Takes it ALL off surprisingly.

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 05/11/2013 7:51 pm

I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder. I remove it with a bar of plain dove soap and a pair of clean hands.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/12/2013 3:48 am

I wear Lancome Teint Idole Foundation (which is discontinued! i stocked up at the airport ;) They have a 24hr one now but i did not like it as much :( )

I use Simple wipes to remove the majority of my makeup then continue on cleansing with my regular 'Dermal Clay Cleanser' by Dermalogica.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 05/14/2013 2:35 am

I use make up forever HD and bb cream, both in the palest possible shades lol. XD for removal, I've been using Cetaphil cleanser.. but I'm trying more natural stuff now. I just got an organic soap bar called Grandpa's Oatmeal Soap and it seems pretty nice, not too drying, and it doesn't have any fake ingredients! it gets rid off my makeup pretty effectively too. :)

i also tone at night using apple cider vinegar. Then I apply vitamin e oil or olive oil or both, depending on how dry my skin is. I have super dry skin that flakes everywhere. ;_; Sometimes on top of this I use evening primrose oil topically. to others this may seem like a lot of oil but I believe it helps me and gives my skin more of a glow.

MemberMember
(@joonbug9109)

Posted : 06/11/2013 8:24 pm

Well the amount of make up I wear really depends on the occasion... I tend to do the face routine daily and I'll add on other products from there. The face routine seems like a lot, but right now it's working for me to keep my skin from looking super gross with a layer of foundation and oil mixed together over it.

Face:

Primer- NYX Shine Killer Primer

Foundation- Garnier Skin Renew BB cream for Oily/Combo skin

(optional) Concealer- The Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer stick

(optional) Bronzer- The brand is Cargo (I bought it a long time ago so I don't really remember anything else about it)

Pressed Powder- The brand is Physicians Formula. I think it's just their organic wear translucent powder (I bought it a long time ago)

Setting spray- NYX Matte Finish setting spray

Add ons: Eyeshadow- Revlon colorstay mineral eyeshadow trio in Tiger Eye or Bare minerals eyeshadow in desire, Eyeshadow primer- NYX eyeshadow base (This is the best primer I've ever bought! I wore an eyeshadow today with it underneath. Applied it at 11:30 am, wore it until 7 pm. Not a single crease! Highly recommend it), Eyeliner- Covergirl perfect blend eye pencil in black brown, Mascara- Covergirl Lashblast fusion in very black, Lip- Covergirl Nature Luxe gloss balm in Sandstone or just a plain nivea lip balm

I know it seems like a lot, but I'm actually not a huge make up person. Like I've basically listed all of the makeup that I own on here. I don't buy a lot of crazy stuff and I tend to stick to neutral shades.

To remove this I use The Body Shop's Gentle Camomille Eye Makeup remover and for my face I just use baby wipes. Then I continue with my normal cleansing routine. I like to use the wipes and make up remover first, that way I know I've gotten all my make up off before I go to bed.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/12/2013 11:35 am

I used Nars Sheer Glow to even out my complexion- and remove with Bioderma on a cotton wool before cleansing my skin. Bioderma is beautiful stuff. :)

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/13/2013 11:36 am

I use Everyday Minerals, and I remove it with my cleanser.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/14/2013 4:20 pm

I use Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer and MAC Studio Fix foundation. I wash it off with my CeraVe hydrating cleanser first, then use my Clarisonic over my clean skin to make sure it's totally clean.

MemberMember
(@joonbug9109)

Posted : 06/18/2013 10:33 am

I use Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer and MAC Studio Fix foundation. I wash it off with my CeraVe hydrating cleanser first, then use my Clarisonic over my clean skin to make sure it's totally clean.

Question for you- Do you feel like your Clarisonic has helped improve your acne in anyway? I've always been curious about those...

MemberMember
(@simonukox)

Posted : 06/18/2013 4:55 pm

Since Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is essentially coloured superglue my makeup removal routine is one of stages.

1. Warm shower + exfoliating scrub.

2. Makeup wipe.

3. BHA on a cotton pad.

4. Retin-A.

Its 100% removed by stage 3.

MemberMember
(@rachell1995)

Posted : 06/20/2013 1:48 pm

Bb cream (:

I use olive oil to ake of whatever my exfoliater doesn't

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/20/2013 8:15 pm

Well I don't have acne anymore, but when I did I used the N07 cleansing Balm as it's very gentle, effective and didn't upset my skin:

d456a6bcb2ddc90846476f855b729fcb69a9fd3d

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 06/23/2013 4:07 am

Foundation: LilyLolo mineral foundation

Concealer: LilyLolo mineral concealer

Blusher: LilyLolo mineral blusher

(Can you tell I really like LilyLolo? ^^)

Mascara: Nivea Elastic Lash

Eyeshadow: MUA, LilyLolo, Vivo Cosmetics, Catrice,...

Lipstick: most often tinted lip balms, otherwise from Catrice, MUA, Vivo cosmetics,...

I'm an MUA (well, in the midst of my training) so I have A LOT of makeup, but these are definitely the things I prefer using myself.

To get it all off I use either Bioderma or L'Or©al miscellair water for sensitive skin. Works really, really well! And is so easy :)

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/23/2013 5:13 pm

Question for you- Do you feel like your Clarisonic has helped improve your acne in anyway? I've always been curious about those...

I don't think it's decreased my acne much - maybe a bit. I have hormonal breakouts so no matter how clean my skin is, it's gonna break out. But I love my Clarisonic because it fades hyperpigmentation much faster, speeds healing up on popped zits, and keeps my large/oily pores cleaner.

MemberMember
(@joonbug9109)

Posted : 06/24/2013 10:53 am

I don't think it's decreased my acne much - maybe a bit. I have hormonal breakouts so no matter how clean my skin is, it's gonna break out. But I love my Clarisonic because it fades hyperpigmentation much faster, speeds healing up on popped zits, and keeps my large/oily pores cleaner.

I'm probably going to start saving up for one. I've heard too many good things. I definitely understand the "nothing really decreases your acne" feeling. Mine is primarily genetic (everyone in my family pretty much still gets acne...). But thanks for the info!

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/24/2013 11:42 am

I'm probably going to start saving up for one. I've heard too many good things. I definitely understand the "nothing really decreases your acne" feeling. Mine is primarily genetic (everyone in my family pretty much still gets acne...). But thanks for the info!

I definitely think its worth the money. I've had my Clarisonic for a year now and I use it twice a day, everyday.