MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 03/28/2013 3:36 pm

hey,

so my regimen is:

Clean & Clear deep cream wash

Dan's BP

Neutrogena oil free moisturiser.

Ive been doing this for around 6 weeks-ish. And i can confidently say that my acne has seen little to no improvement, it is still mild/moderate, with a few 'poppable spots' always being on my face along with a ton of 'smooth red spots'. Before anyone asks, yes i am following the rules strictly and using plenty of bp etc, but the lack of results is making me consider quitting. I know for some people it takes months to see results, but my acne is not awful. :(

Thanks

oh, and if this helps - i think im getting to the end of the 'dryness stage' (touch wood), hoping it might be a turning point? idk :(

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/28/2013 5:20 pm

hey,

so my regimen is:

Clean & Clear deep cream wash

Dan's BP

Neutrogena oil free moisturiser.

Ive been doing this for around 6 weeks-ish. And i can confidently say that my acne has seen little to no improvement, it is still mild/moderate, with a few 'poppable spots' always being on my face along with a ton of 'smooth red spots'. Before anyone asks, yes i am following the rules strictly and using plenty of bp etc, but the lack of results is making me consider quitting. I know for some people it takes months to see results, but my acne is not awful. sad.png

Thanks

oh, and if this helps - i think im getting to the end of the 'dryness stage' (touch wood), hoping it might be a turning point? idk sad.png

That clean and clear deep cream cleanser looks really bad from just reading the ingredients in it. Alcohol, menthol and fragrance? Those are no good. You need a gentle cleanser.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 03/28/2013 6:27 pm

^^^ I agree. I'd definitely change that and give it another 6 weeks and see if you notice any difference.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 03/28/2013 7:10 pm

I also agree. Try changing your face wash first to one of Dan's recommended products. But you should also stick with it for at least 3 months. I didn't see any results until my 2 and a half month mark. It got worse before it got better. I'm almost on my 4th month now and I have no acne, just a lot of hyper pigmentation.

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 03/29/2013 7:28 am

Recommendations for a good cleanser then? Needs to have good reviews because I'm one of those people who go by them even though I know I shouldn't. I have cetaphil gentle cleanser in the cupboard, any better ones?

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 03/29/2013 9:44 am

I love my purpose cleansing bar. That's what I use now. I've also used Olay foaming wash for sensitive skin when I was on retin-a and that was great too. I personally don't like cetaphil bc I have such oily skin, it feels like I'm washing with lotion! But if you have dry skin that's great to use I've heard.

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 03/29/2013 12:27 pm

I had mild/moderate acne when I started and now I have more mild than moderate. Don't quit! But yeah, switch cleansers. The one from Dan is pretty good but another one I love that Dan also recommended is the Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin. It's made my skin soft too :)

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/29/2013 2:14 pm

Recommendations for a good cleanser then? Needs to have good reviews because I'm one of those people who go by them even though I know I shouldn't. I have cetaphil gentle cleanser in the cupboard, any better ones?

I use basis for sensitive skin bar, it's $2 at walmart.

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 03/29/2013 3:35 pm

So, seems I should change cleanser then and stick with it for another month or so. Right, any good cleansers I could pick up locally in the uk at a place like Boots/Superdrug? All recommendations welcome :)

I just can't seem to find one with good reviews AND a friendly ingredient list

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/01/2013 1:00 pm

So, seems I should change cleanser then and stick with it for another month or so. Right, any good cleansers I could pick up locally in the uk at a place like Boots/Superdrug? All recommendations welcome smile.png

Cetaphil takes some getting used to but when youre using harsh chemicals like BP its perfect, you dont want to strip the oils from your face because youre already disinfecting with the BP, stripping them off is just going make your skin more vulnerable.

MemberMember
(@foreverbold)

Posted : 04/02/2013 1:57 am

So, seems I should change cleanser then and stick with it for another month or so. Right, any good cleansers I could pick up locally in the uk at a place like Boots/Superdrug? All recommendations welcome smile.png

"Simple" Refreshing facial wash gel is good, and quite cheap too. We have a ton of U.K beauty products in Canada, a lot of the same lines here.