Notifications
Clear all

Pre Punch Excision Pics

MemberMember
(@airborne-helly)

Posted : 03/28/2013 9:25 am

Hey there acne.org friends! New here, just started getting on here recently and really loved the tight knit and supportive community:) so basically my story is, I have had clear skin since high school had a few problems back then but nothing serious that I worried about. About 5 months ago my mother passed away from her 2 year battle with cancer and it completely devastated me. About a couple weeks after that my face just blew up, I had never had acne just a few pimples here and there so I was really worried. I assume this was from stress or maybe just genetics and the stress activated it because it was not going away after months. About 2months ago I had had enough and started treating it with other a sal acid face wash and 2.5% BP creme. I didn't really do any research and didn't know what I was doing so I was not moisturizing after the BP which I whole heartily believe made my condition worse. I had some ice pick scars on my right cheek since high school which were never really that noticeable but once I started breaking out they seem to become bigger and more red as you can see in the pics. So once I found acne.org and the regimen I watched a bunch of reviews and decided to give it a shot. I am currently just started week 3 and is going well. I am still dry and flakes but have only had one or two new pimples. Mostly on my forehead which I never ever had before go figure haha! I think it actually looks worse in person, can't see them all that well in the pics because of the lighting. I think I'm alot more critical too since I never had this problem before. Now I'm trying to deal with all the hyper pigmentation left from the really nasty ones I picked at, big no no haha! Anyway, I'm having punch excision done on my ice pic scars on my right cheek. So if anyone is interested I'll update with pics tomorrow and through the next few weeks when the sutures come off incase anyone else is considering having this done and wants to see the outcome. Sorry for the novel, first post and all haha! Good luck to everyone and keep up the good fight, I'm always around if you need someone to talk too!!

post-205587-0-69213000-1364479408_thumb.

post-205587-0-42581500-1364479447_thumb.

post-205587-0-35446100-1364479496_thumb.

post-205587-0-69213000-1364479408_thumb.

post-205587-0-42581500-1364479447_thumb.

post-205587-0-35446100-1364479496_thumb.

MemberMember
(@pete23)

Posted : 03/28/2013 10:09 am

I'm considering having excision done for a hypertrophic scar between my eyes. I'm very interested to see how yours comes out. Thanks for starting this thread.

MemberMember
(@airborne-helly)

Posted : 03/28/2013 10:26 am

I'm scheduled with the derm for tomorrow at noon. He said he could easily knock it out in 30 min for that patch and was more than confident that this was the way to go. Said there would still be small line scars but flat and I much prefer that. I be sure to update pics tomorrow after the procedure and for the up coming Weeks!

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 03/28/2013 10:34 pm

I'm interested! Good luck to you, Airborne Helly!

MemberMember
(@airborne-helly)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:32 pm

Herr I was after the procedure haha. Nothing to see I know but they said to leave the bandage on tonight so I'll post pics tomorrow when I take it off. Very easy procedure. Numbed my cheek and that was alittle unpleasant but was over in a flash. Didn't feel a thing after that and took like 30min in which he punched and excised 8 scars. Sutures come off in a week so we'll see how it looks! Pics tomorrow if anyone is interested post-205587-0-47366800-1364606978_thumb.

post-205587-0-47366800-1364606978_thumb.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 03/30/2013 10:08 am

Keep us posted! I'm considering excision for a few scars myself pretty soon.

You should look into miramar's posts on the forum and be prepared to wear some sort of wound tape (can't remember the correct name right now, sorry) for a few weeks, so that the incisions are supported while healing and aren't as likely to stretch.

Good luck with the healing! :)

MemberMember
(@airborne-helly)

Posted : 04/01/2013 6:30 am

So there it is, that was the day after. They just gave me this gel to put on it but didn't say anything about any bandages or anything. They did say I could cover it with a band aid or something but was necessary. Anyway, ill post some pics Friday when the sutures come off. Happy Monday!

post-205587-0-41644300-1364815693_thumb.

post-205587-0-41644300-1364815693_thumb.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 04/01/2013 9:59 am

It looks very neat so far! smile.png

I'm not sure if bandaids are necessary, since facial surgical wounds do tend to naturally heal well. BUT if you want to make sure you get the best cosmetic result, then I would advise you to use some skin-coloured steri-strips on the incisions for a while after the stitches have come out. It relieves tension on the healing areas, and prevents the remaining surgical scars from stretching or opening during healing.

This is what one poster (miramar) who was very keen on excisions said about after-care:

After you remove stitches by day 5 at the latest, you're all set right? Not at all, it's just the beginning. A wound only has about 20% of its strength 2 weeks post surgery, about 50% 5 weeks post surgery and 80% 10 weeks in. You should support your wound until at least 50%. This means, applying some kind of steri-strips/tape over the wound to support it for at least a month if not 3 months when it reaches 80% strength. Why the tape over the wound? Your surrounding skin, once the stitches come out will try to pull apart the incision line. By putting tape over it, you are essentially spreading the tension over the area of the tape and normal skin surrounding the wound instead of on the weakest point of the wound on the incision LINE! TENSION IS KEY TO A SCAR HEALING WITHOUT A LINE!

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 04/21/2013 4:01 am

any new pics?

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 04/22/2013 10:12 pm

I have a consultation for possible excision next week. would love to see an update also if you have time

MemberMember
(@marlin)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:17 pm

Hey Airborn, firstly thanks for posting your experience so far. I am going to have the same procudure next wednesday for scars quite a bit worse that yours. I'd be keen to know how your are healing so far as I'm due to go on holiday 12 days after having the punch excisions and I'd like to be looking as good as possible + I will be scuba diving and on the beach in the sun etc.

My Dermatoligiest/PS said I should be healed by then but I'm reading other peoples experiences and they say a month or 6 weeks untill healed. If thats the case I will put it off till I get back. A photo would be excellent if you have time.

Many thanks

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 05/29/2013 5:16 am

He probably meant that your incision wounds will have fully closed up by then, but your healing process would still continue for several months. I'd expect to have redness for several months, but you can cover it up with make-up by that point. I would wear skin-coloured steri-strips or some kind of wound bandages for at least a few weeks after excisions, which might not be that convenient on holiday though.

Please share your experience with us, if you feel like it. :) And best of luck!

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 06/01/2013 3:22 am

Marlin, can you post any before and after photos? it would be great.

NUBY3, how did your cosultation go?

Airborne Helly, was your excision successful?

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 06/01/2013 3:31 pm

they talked me out of excision, and into fillers, which, for one of the two scars worked amazingly well. I can't even tell there was something there before right now. Really good. The other one has turned into this crazy raised scar and I'm thinking of just letting it do it's thing for a few months before I pull the trigger on excision.

they tried to talk me into lasers, which I am thinking I will avoid. I've been getting such good results from needling, I think needling is just as good if not better than lasers if done properly with topicals and diet. And I don't have to spend 3,000 bucks. So I'm gonna just let it ride for a while.