Is The Regimen Work...

Notifications
Clear all

Is The Regimen Working?

MemberMember
(@bugnhaut)

Posted : 03/27/2013 12:30 am

Hi guys,

I'm 20 and I've had moderate acne for about 7 years now. I'm desperately sticking with the regimen for about 2 months and three weeks now and my skin is definitely no looking better, worse, it makes me breakout on a daily basis and tends to make my scars from previous breakouts even more visible/red. Plus I also starded to have inflamated pimples on my neck and jawline where I never ever had some there before...My skinis still flaky, itchy and covered with scars as well.

I'm seriously starting to lose faith in the regimen even though I was super excited about it and srticly followed it to the letter(and still keep at it!).

Do you guys believe that I should give it some more time or just give up? Like almost everyone on this forum claims that it at least got a little bit better once the 2 months or so mark reached...Well not me!!

It's a pain in the ass no to see any improvement whereas I spend like 2 hours each day putting all these harsh chemicals on my face.

I'm just desperate, makes me more depressed everyday (note that it should be the opposite). My self-esteem reached its lowest level.

I'm well conscious that there are way more challenging diseases in life but I think that I missed the most beautiful years of my life because of that.

If someone has any feedback or lived through a similar experience, feel free to share it with me. I think I'd need it.

Thanks

ps: sorry about my english Im not american.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/27/2013 1:00 am

Well lets get this straight first of all - your English is perfect! :)

Now if you're following the regimen steps perfectly then I agree, you must be feeling so disappointed right now about not getting better results after 2 months.

I do know that everyone is different and many people who have more severe acne and or cystic acne find that that achieving results takes a while and two months without result is not uncommon. I feel for you, because I know its awful reaching that point when you start to question whether its all worth it.

But let me ask you this, what do you have to gain by stopping the regimen? You've come so far and that turning point can't be too far away.

Out of interest, are you using acne.org products? And are you positive that there hasn't been any improvement? eg, have you taken progress photos, because sometimes we are the worse judges when it comes to our own skin.

But regardless of any of this, I feel your frustration and I know many regimen followers on the boards will understand what you're going through. ermm.gif

Bugnhaut liked
MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/27/2013 11:37 am

I've watched quite a few vlogs that documented progress with the regimen. I saw more than one where the person was still breaking out pretty badly at 2 months and ended up with clear, beautiful skin at 3 or 4 months. I'd stick it out 4 months at least to see how you do. Otherwise you might be quitting right before you get clear.

MemberMember
(@bugnhaut)

Posted : 03/27/2013 4:06 pm

Hey,

Thanks guys for your comments! AyeAye, yeah I'm only using acne.org's products and I am absolutely positive regarding my progress: there is not!eusa_think.gif

You're totally right on the fact that I do not have anything to lose by keeping at it, or maybe just my nerves...But still my skin stings so bad like even if I'm laughing a lil bit that causes me to instantly peel off! I've never been so uncomfortable showing myself in public, especially in the sunlight...WHICH SUCKS!

I feel like my skin does not get used to the BP at all.

When did you personally stop to peel and feel the itchyness/redness of the treatment?

Thanks alot once again!

Wow, the King of acne, I was writting a post when you posted yours... Well, this is actually the perfect exemple of the 'polar opposite' you're talking about. People told me to give a 4 months trial and you suggest me to drop it. That is confusing. Can I ask you what worked for you?