First Time Using Th...

Notifications
Clear all

First Time Using The Regimen

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 03/26/2013 3:21 am

So i did it i bought the regimen! Planning on doing it right step by step. Im praying in the next few months i see some improvments!

Has anyone seen improvement in acne marks while on the regimen?

Im really excited, but nervous..

Anyways just wanted to share :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/26/2013 3:36 am

Good luck with it all. Now remember that the most common mistake (and one which I made also) was to get a little bit too excited in the first week and somehow thinking your skin is special and can handle the full amount of BP. It can't, so no matter how impatient you are, go slow and go gentle.

Keep us posted on how you get on :)

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 03/26/2013 3:42 am

Thanks yeah tonight was my first attempt i made sure to use a pea size amount.

I will keep updating! Itll help me stay on track.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/26/2013 5:17 am

And just remember that your skin will be itchy and red and irritated at some point...just keep going! It will get better! Also, if you haven't gotten jojoba oil, I suggest you do. It really does help when you mix it in with your moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/26/2013 6:27 am

Please let me know how you go! I have tried the regime before (but it was about 5 years ago) and it went terribly for me as I wasn't very informed about it.. and am wondering if I should give it another shot.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/26/2013 6:47 am

Please let me know how you go! I have tried the regime before (but it was about 5 years ago) and it went terribly for me as I wasn't very informed about it.. and am wondering if I should give it another shot.

If you feel like you were uninformed about how to do the regimen before, you could try again. I was able to use benzoyl peroxide before outside of the regimen and it was terrible. I started the regimen a little over 2 months ago and got completely clear. :)

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/26/2013 7:28 am

If you feel like you were uninformed about how to do the regimen before, you could try again. I was able to use benzoyl peroxide before outside of the regimen and it was terrible. I started the regimen a little over 2 months ago and got completely clear. smile.png

I am running out of options doubt.gif, I feel like BP is my last resort. I tried the whole natural remedies thing and I am currently on low dose doxy and estelle 35 ED.. its doing nothing for me right now.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/26/2013 7:53 am

If you feel like you were uninformed about how to do the regimen before, you could try again. I was able to use benzoyl peroxide before outside of the regimen and it was terrible. I started the regimen a little over 2 months ago and got completely clear. smile.png

I am running out of options doubt.gif, I feel like BP is my last resort. I tried the whole natural remedies thing and I am currently on low dose doxy and estelle 35 ED.. its doing nothing for me right now.

For me accutane was my last resort and I'm glad I didn't have to resort to that. The tried the whole cleaning up my diet bit too. Although it did help, living through life avoiding so many kinds of foods that I like didn't seem to work for me. This is my happy medium! Oh, and I also tried the antibiotics and they did work but it only lasted 10 months before the acne came back.

Which ever way you go, I hope it works. :)

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/26/2013 8:18 am

For me accutane was my last resort and I'm glad I didn't have to resort to that. The tried the whole cleaning up my diet bit too. Although it did help, living through life avoiding so many kinds of foods that I like didn't seem to work for me. This is my happy medium! Oh, and I also tried the antibiotics and they did work but it only lasted 10 months before the acne came back.

Which ever way you go, I hope it works. smile.png

I see you use benzac and cetaphil, I used that the first time and found the benzac really harsh and expensive. Does it work for you?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/26/2013 10:16 am

Which ever way you go, I hope it works. smile.png

I see you use benzac and cetaphil, I used that the first time and found the benzac really harsh and expensive. Does it work for you?

Benzac has really worked for me. And although it is expensive, i am willing to pay the price. Just waiting for someone i know to come back from the states so i can get a few bottles of dan's bp. Cetaphil hasnt caused me any problems either. I know a lot of people say it clogs pores, but it hasn't for me.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/27/2013 1:07 am

When I first started following the regimen I also used Benzac and then when I saw that it was all working I bit the bullet and ordered dan's BP (even with the shipping costs to Australia it was still cheaper because of the amount of BP used) and there is seriously no comparison. Dan's BP is super smooth and easily absorbed where Benzac in comparison was a bit thick and sat on top of my skin. I found it impossible to wear makeup over the top.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/27/2013 1:35 am

Thanks for the help guys! I went out and bought the cetaphil clear skin acne control kit for $25. It contains Cetaphil cleanser for oily/acne prone skin, 50g of 2.5% benzac, and Cetaphil lotion. I am keen to start tonight, but for the first week or two will only apply BP at night (busy nursing student, crazy early shifts)

Sorry for overriding the thread!

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/27/2013 1:56 am

So i did it i bought the regimen! Planning on doing it right step by step. Im praying in the next few months i see some improvments!

Anyways just wanted to share smile.png

The regimen didn't work well for me, but I have cystic acne. It might work for you. Don't overdo the BP, use a VERY small amount at first and see how your skin reacts. Also, I didn't like Dans moisturizer or his cleanser, but his BP is pretty good. You may try to switch products up if you find that you are getting irritated by some of them.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/27/2013 7:05 am

Anyways just wanted to share smile.png

The regimen didn't work well for me, but I have cystic acne. It might work for you. Don't overdo the BP, use a VERY small amount at first and see how your skin reacts. Also, I didn't like Dans moisturizer or his cleanser, but his BP is pretty good. You may try to switch products up if you find that you are getting irritated by some of them.

Cystic acne was my issue and the regimen worked for me. I guess it's different for everybody but my jaw and chin were riddled with cysts. I think its just different for everybody.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/27/2013 12:01 pm

It definitely helps cystic acne. I get really deep, painful cysts that last for weeks deep in the skin. It is clearing me slowly.

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 03/27/2013 2:34 pm

Well its day two my skin seems to be irritated little flaky. But i know its progress...i just wish it didnthurt :/ and i seem to be breaking out around my mouth.

I have a question i apply makeup around noon but in the after noon or around 6 7 my face feels heavy and i want to wash my face. how do i go about doing this mid day? I know i shouldnt wear makeup but if i dont i find it hard to leave my house. Insercurities and what not.

I use either covergirl aqua smooth or almay clear complexiion.

yesterday i had to use a powder to make my skin less oil looking is it normal

For your skin to look super oil after doing the regimen?

Thanks for listening

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/27/2013 7:28 pm

Well its day two my skin seems to be irritated little flaky. But i know its progress...i just wish it didnthurt :/ and i seem to be breaking out around my mouth.

I have a question i apply makeup around noon but in the after noon or around 6 7 my face feels heavy and i want to wash my face. how do i go about doing this mid day? I know i shouldnt wear makeup but if i dont i find it hard to leave my house. Insercurities and what not.

Thanks for listening

We all wish it didn't hurt, but it is part of the process. The flaking near the nose and mouth area were the worst for me because I just felt like I was shedding everywhere. My tip would be to carry around a little bottle of moisturizer and apply it a couple of times throughout the day to battle the flaking.

For the oil, I just used oil blotting papers so I didn't have to apply make-up. I think I just used a tinted moisturizer in the beginning because I couldn't handle applying make-up to my face at that time.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 03/27/2013 9:23 pm

Good luck! I have a whole gallery dedicated to the Regime and it working! I also have a link in my signature explaining his regime and some concerns people may have. Stick it out for 3 months if you can and then decide for yourself.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/28/2013 3:43 am

Thanks for listening

Do you have problem areas or are you applying BP all over your face? My acne is mainly on the sides of my chin and my jawline and I only apply BP there, I dont want to irritate my normal skin. A lot of people suggest jojoba oil for dryness, but I personally haven't tried it.

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:26 am

Thanks! I plan on using all the product before giving up!

Well i use it all over, but my forehead has been breaking out the last two days and my forehead is the clearest part of my face. My main areas are my jawline and cheeks also but i have hope that dans regimen can work for me. But now i might avoid putting it on my forehead.

Thanks for the support!

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 04/23/2013 4:13 pm

A little update its been almost a month and I can say i have seen some result. I am still constantly breaking out but not as bad as when i started. I see improvement in my overall skintone it doesnt look as inflamed.

Hoping for the best still :)

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/23/2013 11:43 pm

Thats awesome! It's almost a month for me too and guess what? Dans BP and AHA came to my doorstep this morning.. I feel like a kid at Christmas :P

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 05/08/2013 2:51 pm

I want to try the AHA sadly even though my bumps and big pimple have subsided I have these hyperpigmentation marks or some type of acne marks there are deep but pin needle size but alot of them. I think i made need to lighten them. I feel better that i use less foundation but itd be nice not to hide behind makeup anymore. Sturggling but making progress.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/08/2013 8:34 pm

I want to try the AHA sadly even though my bumps and big pimple have subsided I have these hyperpigmentation marks or some type of acne marks there are deep but pin needle size but alot of them. I think i made need to lighten them. I feel better that i use less foundation but itd be nice not to hide behind makeup anymore. Sturggling but making progress.

That was the best thing for me too! Little to no make-up!! My skin isn't perfect but I love that I can go bare face and not feel hideous. Try the AHA! It really has helped loads with my dark marks...it's going away slowly but with time I'm hoping they completely go away.

Keep it up!! Sounds like really good progress.