Notifications
Clear all

Sweating And Acne?

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 03/26/2013 3:17 am

So I've had moderate-severe acne my whole teenage life up until now. I am just wondering if their is any relation with sweating and acne? There are times especially at work I sweat a lot on my forehead just beads of sweat dripping down. I mean I know people say do not wipe off your sweat it'll cause irritation but do you really wanna walk around like your a melting snowman or what. Like sometimes even when I apply BP on my forehead I automatically start sweating there right away. How do you people that sweat alot cope with it? And when I do sweat does it like rinse off the bp I just applied there?

I also had another question on using Dan's Regimen, because it has caused my skin to become dry and flaky (yes I moisturize) but theres still dead skin all over my face thats pretty visible to me. I feel like when I apply BP I'm just applying it all over my flaky dead skin and it's not being absorbed properly. Just wondering if its normal or not.

much thanks for anyone that can help me out here with some advice.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/26/2013 5:22 am

I haven't noticed any connection between sweating and acne. I get my jog on like two hours before I do my regimen in the PM though so maybe that helps that I do sweat only at the end of the day? Perhaps, if you are a sweaty person and you feel the BP isn't absorbed yet and you start sweating, you maybe can sit in front of a fan or something until the BP has been absorbed. Minimum of 15 minutes.

For the flaking, it is normal and you can always apply more moisturizer throughout the day. If you haven't been adding jojoba oil to that then I suggest you do, because it really helped me with that. If you are already a month into the regimen and feel like your skin has gotten used to the BP then try AHA for the flaking as well. Makes the skin sooooo much better after a few uses.

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 03/26/2013 11:56 pm

Just carry some small cloths with you to work and when you sweat you should "wipe" it off because it's your job, you don't want to be all sweaty, and plus it's a natural instinct. But instead of wiping it away, just take a small clean cloth and gently pat down your face

For flakiness, you need to get those flakes off! Sure they'll come back but it's just dead skin that's sitting there. What I did when I was flaking like crazy was first wash your hands and face a bit to make sure you got all the germs off you and then put a few drops of jojoba oil on the length of your fingers and gently massage your skin until all the flakes are off. Then wash your face again with your cleanser and put on a ton of moisturizer