Notifications
Clear all

Do You Wear Anything On Your *face* When You Go To The Gym?!?

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 03/24/2013 3:06 pm

So a 24-hour gym just opened near where I live. A big reason why I haven't signed up for a gym membership is because of my acne, duh. But now that this 24-hour gym is open, I'm thinking of signing up and going early morning, like 5 am. There's still going to be people obviously.

My question is, do you wear anything on your face when you're working out? Makeup, acne medication, etc.? Also, do people care? Do you see people with acne too?

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 03/24/2013 4:55 pm

Hey there! Awesome that you've joined a gym! :D

When I was younger, I would go to the gym with full makeup (foundation, concealer, powder, mascara). Little by little, I realized no one cares to look at you when they're at the gym because they're so concentrated on themselves. Also, no one gets close enough to you to care, either. There will always be women and men with acne at the gym-- especially if you go to one where people are obviously using steroids (acne = side effect of steroid use). After a while, I stopped putting so much makeup on before leaving for the gym. I'd just throw on some Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream (great stuff). There's no need to cover everything meticulously. There will be only like, 2-5 people at the gym at 5am, anyway :)

Now that my skin is a lot clearer (99% clear- just the occasional pimple), I still just do the Lioele BB Cream (to cover any red marks), and off I go.

Just put your headphones in, swipe your card, and get in the zone for a good workout!

Just remember to wash your face as soon as you get home, and then do your full morning routine. :) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 03/25/2013 12:07 am

One of the reasons I got a gym membership is because I have acne. If my face won't look good, at least my body can lol. I don't wear anything on my face, but my acne isn't that bad right now. I don't think you should worry about it though. I see people with acne at the gym all the time. Some people have acne because they go to the gym. They lift really heavy weights and eat a lot, which raises their androgens considerably. I suspect that most of them don't even know why they are breaking out.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/25/2013 12:52 am

One of the reasons I got a gym membership is because I have acne. If my face won't look good, at least my body can lol. I don't wear anything on my face, but my acne isn't that bad right now. I don't think you should worry about it though. I see people with acne at the gym all the time. Some people have acne because they go to the gym. They lift really heavy weights and eat a lot, which raises their androgens considerably. I suspect that most of them don't even know why they are breaking out.

i disagree.

3 years ago i stopped training, but before that i was in the gym for almost 2 years, and there was a time i lifted really heavy and ate really alot, and just in that time my acne was actually alot better..

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 03/25/2013 1:25 am

i disagree.

3 years ago i stopped training, but before that i was in the gym for almost 2 years, and there was a time i lifted really heavy and ate really alot, and just in that time my acne was actually alot better..

Well I never said bulking makes everyone get acne. But it does raise your hormones, which could cause acne.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/25/2013 1:38 am

i disagree.

Well I never said bulking makes everyone get acne. But it does raise your hormones, which could cause acne.

also, form what ive seen, the majority of the people that suffer severe acne are usually skinny, and not fat or really muscilar..

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/27/2013 2:34 pm

i disagree.

also, form what ive seen, the majority of the people that suffer severe acne are usually skinny, and not fat or really muscilar..

I second this

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/27/2013 5:51 pm

I've been to the gym a few times, and I've also played sports (exercising), and I never ever ever ever ever EVER wear makeup when I know I'm going to be sweating only because the makeup would probably slip off, and it could make my situation worse. The most makeup I will put on is eyeliner and mascara. And add some lip balm or something. :)

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 03/31/2013 12:27 am

I go with full blown acne.. no care was give that day. I even wear these cut off shirts (yes, I'm a big douche) that even reveals my back acne. Again, no care was given that day because no one is going to just point out and laugh at my skin condition or anything.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/31/2013 9:18 am

In my opinion, if you're worried your makeup might hurt your face at the gym, you probably shouldn't wear it period.

I hula hoop, and if I'm going to be doing it anywhere that people might stop and watch me, I wear makeup. Hula hooping is a really intense workout and I've never had a problem from wearing makeup while doing it. That's because I use really high-quality BB creams that are good for my skin, and that's all I would wear. Basically, makeup either works for your skin or it doesn't, but it doesn't matter if you're working out or not. Sweat mixing with your makeup doesn't make it more toxic.

That said, I've never worn any makeup when I used to go to the gym. Not because it's bad, but just because I don't see the point. I never socialize at the gym and am not looking to meet a guy there. Who cares how I look?