Notifications
Clear all

What Is This All Over My Shoulder? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@racecar22)

Posted : 03/23/2013 11:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

My first post here. I am 24 yrs of age. I have had my share of problems with acne. acne scars and all that. But for several yrs, i have had these things on both my upper shoulder. I always thought it was part of acne. After all this time, i think it could be something bad.

Here are the pics, (i am sorry for i grossed anyone out) But i know you guys can understand:

photo1001q.jpg

photo1002q.jpg

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 03/24/2013 5:23 pm

What else have you tried as a treatment? Does it itch?

Finding an effecive treatment requires trying different topical creams, and based on at least 2 weeks of regular use, you can then deduce whether it's bacterial or fungal or both.

I can't diagnose what you're asking about, but you could try a topical cream that is considered effective on both fungal and bacterial, like ciclopirox olamine: http://www.skintherapyletter.com/2004/9.7/2.html . Ciclopirox olamine is not as effective as an antifungal as ketoconazole, (www.stiefel.ca/pdf/stieprox_shampoo_pm.pdf see page 10), l but ciclopirox is sometimes prescribed when the physician can't figure out what's actually causing the skin condition, because it's multi-spectrum. Still, there are better antifungals and better antibacterials.

As of August 2012 the FDA implemented a non-enforcement policy that allows individuals to mail order Rx drugs, for personal use only, from places like Thailand and India that essentially have no laws about prescriptions. With some research and personal experience with Rx medicines, you should be able to decide whether your condition is fungal or bacterial or both, assuming it's acceptable to you to buy drugs from overseas.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/24/2013 10:45 pm

Those might be boils. Do they itch? If they do it could be a form of folliculitis. Best thing to do is go to a doctor and ask them to do a culture test on the lesions.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 03/29/2013 1:39 pm

Looks a lot like keloid acne scarring but its impossible to tell for sure from pictures, look up 'keloid acne scarring' and decide for yourself (but if youre unsure see a doctor to be safe).

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 05/06/2013 11:43 pm

damn

i agree it looks like keloid

should go see a doctor