Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is subcision effective on shallow rolling scars? I just yesterday noticed I actually do have a couple of rolling scars, or depressions/dents on skin, but they only show up in certain lighting and have managed to escape my attention thus far (one of them is from a recent cyst that is still hyperpigmented, which why I noticed that one in the first place). I hope it means that others don't really see them either.

1) Dermarolling and needling use very short needles, they have much less risk.

2) It seems very hard/impossible to do this effectively on yourself in some areas, like the forehead.

Austra: I agree with you completely. Any type of invasive procedure should be done by a trained professional such as a dermatologist or plasti surgeon if it involves the face. The risks of self-injury are too high to perform this on yourself. It's worth the money to have a trained professional to do this. Why risk further scarring, infection, nerve damage by doing it yourself. During my first subcision treatment, my doctor told me that the Nokor needle was bowing due to the dense fibrous tissue tethering my epidermis down. Can you imagine what would happen if a needle broke under your skin while performing subcision at home yourself? A surgeon would have to open up your face to retrieve the needle. It's not worth the risk in my opinion. Matt

I am a firm believer that whatever we do for scars wont have the results we like,if we dont kill all the pathogens first ,being inside of our bodies...

We need to do the hard work both subcision,and regeneration from inside....Why do i tell you this?

We need to stop our system hindering our regenerating potential..

I am afraid people think its just the methods that are not that good(maybe its true partially)

but they forget how the body should be in an optimal healing rate and condition.

Its like raising the insulin after the gum and then eating many carbs and fat which hinders this sensitivity to insulin.

hey matt i was watching a video on a 70 yo man that has amazing skin and he said your skin needs sunlight ..what are your thoughts on this?

i found out that using iodine after microneedling and dermastamping seems to promote tissue growth and lessens the indentation.

If you cause the subdermal trauma and you put iodine,your skin will soak it up and will target the subdermal injury.

On 4/1/2013 at 12:30 AM, smoothmove said:

Tell me what percentage of Iodine do you use?

2% concentration you can apply 3-4 times a day.

On 6/18/2013 at 3:12 PM, austra said:
On 3/25/2013 at 12:35 AM, Miko Yan said:

I can't imagine this.

Thanks for the advice, but it took you a while... huh.png

Those surface scars are very hard to treat, so I wouldn't consider them a minor side effect.

On 6/22/2013 at 1:54 AM, austra said:

Those surface scars are very hard to treat, so I wouldn't consider them a minor side effect.

i agreee. he could of gotten good results with a scar expert (DR).