Notifications
Clear all

Going On Accutane!

MemberMember
(@scguinner)

Posted : 03/21/2013 7:55 am

Hey guys! I have just started taking Accutane to control my body acne that I've had long term. Check out my blog *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* and follow me for real updates and progress on this medicine. I can answer any questions you may have if you are considering going on Accutane and you can watch how my skin reacts to the medicine. For me, my acne is hereditary and the dermatologist told me that no matter what I tried to do, without taking this aggressive approach, my acne would not go away on its own. So, if you can relate, please go read my blog!

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 03/21/2013 3:02 pm

best of luck!!!

please keep posting updates!!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/21/2013 6:09 pm

Your acne is just as severe as mine. I'm going to take Accutane as well as soon as I have made the next step in life. It would be nice if you write updates. I am definitely going to read them :)

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@tryingpositive)

Posted : 04/18/2013 2:47 am

Unfortunately that is my xcase too. I have heard about accutane but am scared to try it because they say that it has really bad side effects. But est of luck with you. I have really bad keloids (really big acne bumps) which are several and severe on my back. Has anyone gotten any input onthat?

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/19/2013 5:30 am

hello,

A warning about accutane, it is not the only thing which can clear acne. In fact a lot of the time the acne returns a year or two later, 5 if youre very lucky.

Have you tried absolutely everything else, topicals, supplements, diet changes, hormonal treatments etc?

Epson salt baths?

If not Id try each and every one of these before accutane, I only took accutane at 10 mg for 1 month and had cracked bleeding lips, nosebleeds, no energy and suicidal depression.

Im not trying to scare you Im telling you the truth. I care more about your health than your acne, at one time I cared so much about acne I was willing to risk accutane but it wasnt worth it at all.

Incidentally, I believe all acne is hormonal--like baldness--and if you treat the cause you will fix the problem.

I can tell you what cleared my skin after 20 years, yaz birth control and a supplement containing saw palmetto/green tea/soy, and spearmint. Thats it.

Sure birth control has some possible risks too but so does aspirin...nothing in comparison to accutane.

If you do decide to take it, I wish you luck and hope you have success, but I cannot recommend it to anyone out of conscience.

Hey guys! I have just started taking Accutane to control my body acne that I've had long term. Check out my blog *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* and follow me for real updates and progress on this medicine. I can answer any questions you may have if you are considering going on Accutane and you can watch how my skin reacts to the medicine. For me, my acne is hereditary and the dermatologist told me that no matter what I tried to do, without taking this aggressive approach, my acne would not go away on its own. So, if you can relate, please go read my blog!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/20/2013 1:10 am

hey, can you message me your blog?

MemberMember
(@scguinner)

Posted : 04/20/2013 10:16 am

I'm on week 5 of my medicine now, and since acne.org wouldn't let me post my original blog URL here, I have a blog posted through this website. I think you might be able to find it through my profile. I'm doing well on the medicine so far and just got my prescription for the second month. I sort of have a huge rant on that though, and I'm going to elaborate about that on my blog.

MemberMember
(@scguinner)

Posted : 04/20/2013 10:41 am

Hey there,

I assure you that I did not go into this blindly and I know what I am doing. I appreciate the concern, but I have discussed this with my doctor and am actually doing really great on this medicine.

hello,

A warning about accutane, it is not the only thing which can clear acne. In fact a lot of the time the acne returns a year or two later, 5 if youre very lucky.

Have you tried absolutely everything else, topicals, supplements, diet changes, hormonal treatments etc?

Epson salt baths?

If not Id try each and every one of these before accutane, I only took accutane at 10 mg for 1 month and had cracked bleeding lips, nosebleeds, no energy and suicidal depression.

Im not trying to scare you Im telling you the truth. I care more about your health than your acne, at one time I cared so much about acne I was willing to risk accutane but it wasnt worth it at all.

Incidentally, I believe all acne is hormonal--like baldness--and if you treat the cause you will fix the problem.

I can tell you what cleared my skin after 20 years, yaz birth control and a supplement containing saw palmetto/green tea/soy, and spearmint. Thats it.

Sure birth control has some possible risks too but so does aspirin...nothing in comparison to accutane.

If you do decide to take it, I wish you luck and hope you have success, but I cannot recommend it to anyone out of conscience.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/20/2013 6:55 pm

best wishes, I hope you will be one of the lucky ones :-)

Hey there,

I assure you that I did not go into this blindly and I know what I am doing. I appreciate the concern, but I have discussed this with my doctor and am actually doing really great on this medicine.

hello,

Epson salt baths?