Notifications
Clear all

Starting Supplements

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 03/20/2013 4:59 pm

My acne is fairly mild and well-controlled with The Regimen, but I'd like my skin to clear up completely so I'm looking to add some supplements. My diet is pretty good in my opinion, lots of variety, lots of greens, lots of protein, etc so I don't think I'm missing too much but I figure it couldn't hurt to try to add some more nutrients.

However, the plethora of existing threads on this subject are a little...overwhelming lol. Could someone suggest some simple supplements that might help me get all the way clear? I've heard good things about zinc, but I'm on doxycycline right now and I've heard that they don't work well together. I've also heard good things about EPA, Selenium, and fish oil.

Also, has anybody tried the "Perfect Skin" supplement by Genuine Health? It was recommended by the book "The Clear Skin Diet" and I've been considering it, but I think I'd like to start with something simpler first like a zinc supplement.

Here's the link to Perfect Skin: [Removed]

Thoughts?

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 03/20/2013 11:01 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@russc56)

Posted : 03/21/2013 6:57 am

I am currently taking the "Mega Food" Women's daily multivitamin (which offers plenty of Vit A, C, D3, E, B-6, 12, Zinc, Copper etc..) along with 1300mg Evening Primrose Oil, an Omega 3-6-9 Complex, and 10mg additional zinc. I have very mild acne so I am not sure of any of these reactions with doxycycline, but I do believe a quality multivitamin and Omega 3 is essential for good health! I also take "Nature's Cure" acne supplements which are similar to "Perfect Skin" but I can not say if they are doing much this far and will probably discontinue after the month is up (have been taking for 2 weeks). I have recently begun the "caveman regimen" where I get little to no water on my face and use no products--best my skin has looked in quite a while! Remember to drink plenty of water, excersize, and eat a balanced diet, all will help your skin a lot!