Notifications
Clear all

Help Please-- How To Stop Differin?

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 03/20/2013 10:17 am

So im 17 in the summer and i had a lot of acne last summer and got hyperpigmentation from the sun and then i went to the derm to get rid of the hyperpigmentation and he prescribed differin so i used it the first 1-2 months were a pain i got a lot more hyperpigmentation than i had before.. so basically my acne was clear before i went on differin and is clear again now,,, i want to stop differin cuz it gives me hot flashes always and seems to make my hyperpigmentation last longer... its been since september since ive had hyperpigmentation... so yeah my skin gets really oily after 4 hours of washing sometimes a few hours longer.. but thats not cuz of differin its because of the face wash ,.... i know because i never put differin on my forehead not in the start and not now.. and by the way its crystal clear no hyperpigmentation or pimpels or anything ,.. just wash with my betainisoda face wash ( povidone-iodine.) so summer is right around the corner and i dont want to be photo sensitive to the sun.. and get hot flashes always.. so what can i do? im scared to stop... help.. anyone ever stop with mild-moderate acne... mine has always been mild but got moderate last summer cuz of supplements i was taking + dairy + gym... but now i only take omega 3 and viatmin c and i dont consume dairy.. and i dont have time to go to the gym no more... my diet is perfect for acne.. soo what can i exchange differin with for hyperpigmentation without leaving skin photosensitive? please help... need to get rid of hyperpigmentation soon i wanna be able to go to the pool or the beach without pissing my pants thinking its gonna take another year for these fucking marks to go away... sorry if its too long.. just need help PS I PUT SUNSCREEN ON EVERYDAY IN THE MORNING BEFORE SCHOOL.... i am white skinned(blonde) sensitive skin im a guy and i live in the medditeranean (Cyprus) so summer is extremely sunny and hot ... 40+ celcius - 100+ farenheit

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 03/21/2013 10:18 am

anyone? please? i was thinking of doing the do nothing caveman routine.. where only water touches my face.. but im horridly scared of that.. so please help mehhh!
:( i wanna be able to enjoy the summer.. ive always loved the sun... now i act as if the sun is the devil... i immidiatly hide from it

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/23/2013 2:53 am

I did the caveman routine, turns out I have some underlying problems, and every pore on my face clogged. I wasn't clear to begin with, though.

In the past, I have found that leaving my face alone helps more with hyperpigmentation than anything else. So maybe for you the caveman method would work. Although you might want to continue to use your cleanser once a day.

MemberMember
(@ms18)

Posted : 03/24/2013 3:11 pm

Have you been using moisturizer on your face while using the differin? A few years ago when i first started using differin i never use to use a moisturizer and my face would get dry and feel i would fell like i would be having a hot flash like you described. Just a thought

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 04/04/2013 2:25 pm

Have you been using moisturizer on your face while using the differin? A few years ago when i first started using differin i never use to use a moisturizer and my face would get dry and feel i would fell like i would be having a hot flash like you described. Just a thought

i could have a hot flash even at school when i have just sunscreen on... and ive been using moisturizer for the past 2 months i just recently ran out.. been having flashes tho since like a couple of months after i started differin.. its been 6 months and a week since ive started differin

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/05/2013 6:50 pm

Be aware that unless you're out of your hormonal stage, you may break out once you're off differin. If you want to take that risk though, start using it every other night, then every 2 nights then every 4 nights until you're only using it once a week and then not using it at all.

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 05/06/2013 9:05 pm

Be aware that unless you're out of your hormonal stage, you may break out once you're off differin. If you want to take that risk though, start using it every other night, then every 2 nights then every 4 nights until you're only using it once a week and then not using it at all.

i am 17 almost.. so i might give it a try.. i have an appointment with a derma in 2 days anyway... my skin right before differin was mild but i was using benzoyl peroxide.. and now its mild,, like i never have more than 1-2 pimples and they go away after 1 or tops 2 days.. not inflamed just small little pimples .. and whenever i eat alot but i mean a lot of sugar like 5+ pieces of cake ill get 1-2 medium red pimples on chin .. but they go away in a matter of 1-2 days aswell.. and one last thing.. i never put differin on forehead cause it was always clear.. and it still is.. 100% clear.. nothing... and i just wash it .. no treatment no nothing... i only put moisturizer sometimes when it feels really dry... also how would stopping differin impact oiliness of skin