Notifications
Clear all

Panoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide Gel - Uk Alternatives

MemberMember
(@robertzombie)

Posted : 03/20/2013 9:32 am

Panoxyl's Benzoyl Peroxide gel has been absent from the UK's shelves for about six months now.

Has anyone managed to find a good alternative?

An Amazon UK search for 'Benzoyl Peroxide Gel' yields the following results: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=benzoyl+peroxide+gel&sprefix=benzoyl+pe%2Caps%2C240

Up pops Benzac, Rugby, Enzoxid, and Zapzyt brands of BP gel. Rugby's product has a number of positive reviews from satisfied customers looking for a Panoxyl replacement ("This one is honestly just as good, if not better than Panoxyl"). Enzoxid's product appears to be the cheapest, and is available in the 2.5% variety, but you only get 20 grams and the instructions seem quite convoluted.

Has anyone tried any of these products? I was lucky enough to have a backlog of Panoxyl in storage but I'm down to my last tube. I've ordered a tube of the Rugby Acne Medication Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5% as it has the best sounding reviews. I'll post some feedback when I start using it in a week or so.

Also, has anyone managed to find AHA in the UK? Where does one look for that stuff?

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 03/20/2013 2:06 pm

This has been asked many times on here my friend... just get Dans 8oz BP from Amazon US. With that size you wont get stung with any tax.. and even with shipping its still pretty much as cheap as Panoxyl was.

... oh, and its really good too! Much better than panoxyl imho.

RE: AHA - the one I use is pretty expensive... so could do with some suggestions for alternatives.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/20/2013 2:14 pm

Yeah, I agree with tricky; just get Dan's. It lasts a really long time and works the most effectively.

Also you mentioned the tax, if I were to buy the whole kit (probably the big kit), would I be taxed a lot?

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 03/20/2013 7:43 pm

Don't know for sure... so best try here.... http://www.dutycalculator.com

... but it says that Cosmetics Skin Care is duty free and has a VAT rate of 20%.

(anything under 15.01 is vat free)

MemberMember
(@robertzombie)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:09 pm

Well, I purchased Rugby Acne Medication Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5% ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NVR9GY ) and that worked really well, much nicer than Panoxyl ever was!. Unfortunately the price has now gone up so it's not an economically viable purchase.

I've just received my first 8oz tube of Dan's BP, took about 10 days to arrive from the US with no customs charges :)

Having been a user of the regimen with UK products for many years I'm looking forward to trying Dan's formula!

XXYY liked
MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:00 am

I was clear on Panoxyl, since it was discontinued ive tried a few other things and i've been on Quinoderm but its not a patch on Panoxyl. Ive just ordered the Acne.org BP from the US amazon site and including postage it comes to 18 for an 8oz tube - even with postage it works out about 7 cheaper than if you ordered 8oz of Quinoderm.

MemberMember
(@robertzombie)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:08 am

Yep, Dan's BP certainly works out the cheapest. Just used it for the first time, it sure is aqueous!